Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:47

Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Le Bear

AI

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

have you ever considered building a base in the middle of a town or a camp is the middle of nowhere that contains a loot location for medium/high end military gear and a rare vehicle that spawns in each restart that is protected by an unknown military force (AI), if you get close enough and manage to kill them you are free to loot this gear.

Just an idea, i was going to make an example base in the editor, but that would be al ot of time wasted if this was not possible.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

-1, as AI do not RP.

Plus, there'd be extra KoS which is always a problem.

yes they dont rp yet other players could rp around them and try to gather team together to take out the threat, also how is it KoS? it would be considered the same as being killed by a zombie, after all they are AI too

Pickles    0

-1, as AI do not RP.

yes they dont rp yet other players could rp around them and try to gather team together to take out the threat, also how is it KoS? it would be considered the same as being killed by a zombie, after all they are AI too

How do you know who is AI and who is not? Also it would be really annoying to accidentally find one of these places and approach them thinking they are friendly.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

-1, as AI do not RP.

How do you know who is AI and who is not? Also it would be really annoying to accidently find one of these places and approach them thinking they are friendly.

if this was done it would need to be indicated on the map, like the current bandit places in red, also if they were made like a military camp with barricades and other things it will be quite obvious that this is not a player camp and not near any high populated area's, there are plenty of roads on the map that lead to no where, they could be made at the end.

after all only an idea

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

It would be nice to get some serious discussion on this suggestion

ivankesja    0

it's a good and bad idea, because it really all depends on how it is done. Because if added it could be awesome or shit.

Thou i think something along the lines of the containment squad or whatever it's called from dayz mercenaries would work. Since they aren't something people will easily find but at the same time make for an interesting goal for rp'er you could say.

-KG-    0

I was thinking about something like this before actually, but it would only work if they open fire once shot at, and only at the player that hit them...though in that case you would have a sniper take a shot and someone else walk in calmly to grab the loot, there is no way to make the AI identify a group of people as a group.

And the AI soldiers might start shooting anyone in the area, which will lead to KoS reports, even though it was AI shooting.

Its a nice idea but i dont think it is possible :/

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

I was thinking about something like this before actually, but it would only work if they open fire once shot at, and only at the player that hit them...though in that case you would have a sniper take a shot and someone else walk in calmly to grab the loot, there is no way to make the AI identify a group of people as a group.

And the AI soldiers might start shooting anyone in the area, which will lead to KoS reports, even though it was AI shooting.

Its a nice idea but i dont think it is possible :/

It would work if the AI shot anyone but the AI would have to be placed in an area that is distanced from places where players normally go, such as the road that leads out of the map past kamenka, or the road that leads out of the map at grozovy pass. It could even be placed in clearings in the forests such as near NWAF there is a road that leads to a clearing in the forest at the hill called bshnya. Skalitsy island(i spelt that wrong :) ) would be a good place as no one will ever identically stumble across it

How do you know who is AI and who is not? Also it would be really annoying to accidentally find one of these places and approach them thinking they are friendly.

The current plans that are in place for implementing AI involves putting them in unique uniforms that players don't have access to and informing players of what the uniforms will be.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

The current plans that are in place for implementing AI involves putting them in unique uniforms that players don't have access to and informing players of what the uniforms will be.

Also a large group of people in soldier skins with high end gear, most likely hostile, i wouldn't approach out of curiosity, i would be approaching with the intent of leaving with some nice supplies

On the other server I played on we placed a hostile AI base on Skaliky (sp?) Island. Only negative is that the added AI will decrease fps.

On the other server I played on we placed a hostile AI base on Skaliky (sp?) Island. Only negative is that the added AI will decrease fps.

Most of the server I play on outside of DayZ have AI on them and I rarely see a framerate drop. AI shouldn't tax your system much more than zombies given that both of them are technically the same thing. Zombies are basically just AI with melee weapons.

We added over 100 with AA support. It dropped...lol

We added over 100 with AA support. It dropped...lol

Well, yeah! :P

When we had the invasion event, the 100 or so added zombies caused some framerate drop too.

However, most of the events we've been considering only involve small squads of 4-8 NPCs at a time. At any given time, the server generally wouldn't have more than 80-100 NPCs spread across the entire map, so framerate drop due to AI wouldn't be much of an issue.

AI do not RP.

Neither do zombies.

well i guess zombies cant RP because of the whole "completely brain dead apart from the most basic of brain activity" thing.

Guest Sicconi   
Guest Sicconi

The only issue with this is when playing Wasteland on different mods I've discovered that AI tend to be crack-shots and manage to hit 20/25 shots when fired full-auto.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

The only issue with this is when playing Wasteland on different mods I've discovered that AI tend to be crack-shots and manage to hit 20/25 shots when fired full-auto.

thats the point, they would be highly trained military, yet the loot gained would be worth it

Bob    0

-1 hate the idea used to play on a server with AI ruined my expirience I hated it would get killed constantly. Rolle please do not implement this :'(

Taurz    1

If there is players in the same place as the AI is it would be confusing what to shoot. And if all players is going to rush for this base after restart can say 100% that it's gonna be KOS there. I like the Idea of AI just not on this server.

Akula    0

AI do not RP.

Neither do zombies.

well i guess zombies cant RP because of the whole "completely brain dead apart from the most basic of brain activity" thing.

Sorry but I can't stop laughing at this as it sounds like anyone who is playing OOC and not roleplaying is basically brain dead. xD

Aerodax    0

AI do not RP.

Neither do zombies.

Well, they're zombies what do you expect them to say? "Duuuh can I eat you face off please?!?! AHHHH DON'T KoS me!!!"