Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:22

Sign in to follow this  
Jastango

KOS question

Question

Jastango    1

Over the span of a couple a weeks a group has been constantly hostile with me and my friends, such as holding us up multiple times. Every time we initiate with them we are held up before we get a chance at our revenge. So my question is are we allowed to KOS them considering everything they have done to us? I understand we do have our revenge rights but we never get to take advantage of it since they always take our weapons. This group has also told me that if they ever saw me again then they would kill me, so would that mean i could KOS in self defense?

7 answers to this question

Boston    645

If they initiate on you, and you are released, you have 2 Hours to use your KoS Rights (Rights to shoot them on sight). This is one way you can acquire revenge against your captors. You may not KoS them at any time, only in the two hours after your release.

The second way you can exact revenge is if you successfully capture members of that group, you may execute them. Be wary though, you must make sure that you have execution rights (Situational, but atleast three hostile encounters are recommended). Executions do require lots of RP beforehand though, so make sure you provide.

If they kill you when they see you again, sounds pretty ruleplay-esque to me. Unless they explicitly say 'Don't go to XYZ location or you will die...' then it's a bit on the ruleplay side of things, but that's my opinion.

Jastango    1

If they initiate on you, and you are released, you have 2 Hours to use your KoS Rights (Rights to shoot them on sight). This is one way you can acquire revenge against your captors. You may not KoS them at any time, only in the two hours after your release.

The second way you can exact revenge is if you successfully capture members of that group, you may execute them. Be wary though, you must make sure that you have execution rights (Situational, but atleast three hostile encounters are recommended). Executions do require lots of RP beforehand though, so make sure you provide.

Ok thank you.

Boston    645

Ok thank you.

Anytime. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Hollows    410

Over the span of a couple a weeks a group has been constantly hostile with me and my friends, such as holding us up multiple times. Every time we initiate with them we are held up before we get a chance at our revenge. So my question is are we allowed to KOS them considering everything they have done to us? I understand we do have our revenge rights but we never get to take advantage of it since they always take our weapons. This group has also told me that if they ever saw me again then they would kill me, so would that mean i could KOS in self defense?

Though you might possibly have execution rights (Through RP) due to the continued hostilities between either group over the weeks, you cannot outright kill someone, even if you've had past hostilities with them, outside the 2-hour KoS timer which follows when the assailants break your line of sight following a hostile action (I.E. Initiation/Torture). If you are to do this, you could be reported for KoS and be banned for 7 days.

Edit: With that being said, and considering what has been stated above, does this answer your question OP?

You can not just kill people on sight because you had several hostile encounters with them. You might have execution rights after a certain amount of hostile encounters that ended up in bein taken hostage, firefights, torture, etc.

When someone tells you that they kill you if they ever see you again, it most likely serves the purpose of RP. I say it aswell, doesn't mean I can kill someone I tortured the day before on sight. If I give you the demand that if I see you back in a certain area within the next 2 hours, yes, that gives me KOS rights on you if you do not follow my order.

It can be unfair to constantly be outnumbered, I agree. But that makes the revenge just better if you actually capture them with low numbers. :P

(lol nvm, was slow)

Slash    84

As Winter, Hollows and FailingFriendly succesfully answered your question I will /solve this.

If you have any other questions feel free to make a new thread or join the helpdesk in ts.