Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
ChocoCharizard

Some more questions about DayzRP

Question

I've sunk about a month into Dayzrp and let me just say I'm insanely impressed by the variety of situations I've found myself in. The questions below are for the most part situational and I've brought them up OOC over TS a few times with no definitive answers. 

1. What category do land mines fall into when it comes to hostile intent? Are they considered KOS? Can I set them down if I receive Intel that a hostile faction is on a specific path? 

2. Is there a current up to date faction map? I feel like having a physical place on the forums showing who controls what would be highly useful. 

3. If I'm being held up and let go, do I have KOS rights on the people who just robbed me? What about friends of mine in the area? 

That's it for now. I appreciate the help guys.

3 answers to this question

Hollows    450

I've sunk about a month into Dayzrp and let me just say I'm insanely impressed by the variety of situations I've found myself in. The questions below are for the most part situational and I've brought them up OOC over TS a few times with no definitive answers. 

1. What category do land mines fall into when it comes to hostile intent? Are they considered KOS? Can I set them down if I receive Intel that a hostile faction is on a specific path? 

2. Is there a current up to date faction map? I feel like having a physical place on the forums showing who controls what would be highly useful. 

3. If I'm being held up and let go, do I have KOS rights on the people who just robbed me? What about friends of mine in the area? 

That's it for now. I appreciate the help guys.

To answer your questions:

1.) Landmines can be used to defend settlements and small camps as long as they are away from high traffic areas. (I.G. you cannot have a tent in NWAF and justify the use of a landmine or tripwire with a grenade, however, you can have a tent in the woods in the middle of nowhere to protect your settlement.)

2.) You can go here, and use this map. It's the closest thing we've got at the moment.

3.) Yes, you have KoS rights on the people involved in robbing you for up to 2 hours after losing contact with them. Also, if your friends or anyone in your dynamic group happens to be within 500m during the initiation, they too share KoS rights for 2 hours. Just remember to always RP>Ruleplay.

Hope this helps, and if so, does this answer your inquiries?