Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:35

Sign in to follow this  
AlwaysGamer

Offering Help/Assistance in Creating Backstories

AlwaysGamer    24

I know that, for some people, creating original backstories can be hard, either because you don't like to write stories or because you don't have inspiration. This is why I am creating this thread. I am offering my help in creating backstories.

TO BE CLEAR, don't ask me to write the whole story for you. I am here TO HELP YOU create your own story. I can offer you ideas to start the backstory. I can give you exemples of background story I though of doing. I can assist you in creating it by adding/suggesting little details, goals, skills, attitudes, etc. Doesn't matter to me if you are a new player or a long time member, if you need help or inspiration, I'm here for that.

Now, you are probably asking "Why should you be good in that?" Well, it's simple. I might have been in this community for a little over a year, but, I have thousands of RP hours in Arma 3 servers. I know a lot of things about RP and I love writing and creating stories. here is a link for a full story about my second character : The Story of Michael Jobin, A Men With a Strong Will. and his character page : Michael Jobin Character Page. You can also check my 3rd character page here : Jonathan Foster Character page. Last but not least, my current character page : Philipe Pinksen Character Page

I always base myself on things that either happened in game or on people I know in real life to create my backstories. My first character, Marco Cappadona, was inspired by both me in real life and a character I had in an Arma 3 RP server. Attitude and skills based on real life and Mafia backstory with aggressive behavior based on Arma 3. Michael Jobin is based on my father, a man who loves adventures and always does anything to help others. Jonathan Foster is based on myself again but, this time, from when I was younger and a lot more shy and without any self esteem. Philipe Pinksen is inspired by a book I read in my French class about how a bullied kid turned into a Violence loving adult. 

I have a lot of time to think at my job since it's only a physical job and I don't need to use my mind so I think of random characters I could create. I have for about 10 characters, or ideas for characters already created in my mind. From the Aggressive Psychopath, to the neutral survivor who can be manipulated by anyone, to the Angel like Trader who does anything to help someone. Also, ex Chernorussian cop who saw his family get eaten by zombies, or an amateur boxer who went to Chernarus for a Tournament that could led him into the Professional League but got caught in the Outbreak, etc.

I've helped a few friends with their backstories based on what type of RP they want to do. With what type of skills they want to have, etc.

If you are interested in my service, just contact me via PM and we can meet in the TS and I will help you with the backstory, or, if you just need inspiration, I can give you some ideas for you to start with.

Edited by AlwaysGamer

AlwaysGamer    24

We are lucky to have you, thank you for your contribution :D

Bah, just feel like it could be good for new players to have help about their story. :)

Keira    1046

Thanks for this! Will definitely keep you in mind for my next character. I'm sure this one (my current char) is dying soon.

AlwaysGamer    24

Thanks for this! Will definitely keep you in mind for my next character. I'm sure this one (my current char) is dying soon.

Alright cool, but you can be surprised by how long you can live with your character. I never expected to live 700 days with my previous character, but I made it day 740 or so!

Also, for the others, don't feel shy to come and see me for help, even the best can have a blank inspiration side from time to time! Evrything can stay secret if you want also.

Jango    29

Great to see someone helping newcomers and any one who needs it.

Majoo    645

Great to see someone helping newcomers and any one who needs it.

^^This, it's nice to see someone trying to help people.

AlwaysGamer    24

I would definitely like some help with Wyatt's backstory. We can discuss details later. Appreciate the help!

Sure! I will send you a PM.

Hopefully you mean Sadie. If so, thank god

AlwaysGamer    24

HEY HEY HEY! NO FLAMING.. JK JK Flame her as much as you want :P

HEY HEY HEY! NO FLAMING.. JK JK Flame her as much as you want :P

Don't worry, Well take it to the PMs. Could get ugly

Quinnt    0

If only i would have seen this while applying...

Still good to know people in the community are looking at helping others join.

AlwaysGamer    24

If only i would have seen this while applying...

Still good to know people in the community are looking at helping others join.

there is al;ways time to get help for your backstory man. If you need anything, send me a PM.

Sign in to follow this