Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:23
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Joku

Is this disobeying the rules?

Question

Joku    0

Okay, so I was in the tent area of the NWAF, then I died by stepping on a landmine. Is this KoS? It was so unexpected and I couldn't do much about it, I saw it the last second before it went off. I'm not completely annoyed, I mean I didn't have anything MEGA good, it's just irritating is all :\

7 answers to this question

Hagger    117

Usage of landmines if forbidden unless they are used to defend camps/settlements, also the settlement has to be in remote location.

Planting landmines in public or high traffic area would be KoS/RDM since there is no way to be sure who will step on your landmine. Sadly there are no logs for landmines so we can't really figure out who planted it, unless someone has recording or other evidence to bring forth.

You just gotta carry on and act like nothing happened.

AlwaysGamer    28

Currently, grenades and landmine can't be "linked" to anyone so there is no logs. Unless you saw who placed it down you can't really do anything about it except be more careful in the future...

As others have mentioned yes it technically is KOS/RDM, however there are no logs to show who planted the land mine and therefore is very hard to report someone for it.

Hassan    448

/Moved to questions

After your question has been answered OP, if you feel like taking the chance to trying to figure out who put the landmine down please read this:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-IMPORTANT-Report-Posting-Rules.

Although with landmines there is no logs and no evidence, unless somebody witnessed the person put it down, but yes it is a rulebreak.

Joku    0

Ok, thanks all for the replies. It's a shame I didn't know who put it there, but I'm not that bothered, managed to get my character back up to Novy Sobor with some okay loot. Sorry for posting in wrong forum section btw (: