Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:33

Sign in to follow this  
AlwaysGamer

Can I create Background stories for others?

Question

AlwaysGamer    24

So, as the title says, I was wondering if I can offer my service to write/create background character stories for others. Or at least, help them in creating one. One of my friend wanted to join the community but he doesn't have any skills in writing nor has any inspiration to write a background story. I created a base story and we made it into something more adapted to his type of RP.

I want to help those new and long time members who can have trouble creating a new background story for their new characters. I am someone that thinks a lot and I have a lot of free time to create stories in my mind but most of them doesn't work for me because its either not my type of RP or I can't talk with the accent. I know others have no trouble speaking with accent or changing their RP style and this is why I would like to offer help. 

Now, I know the Loremasters are here for that. I actually wanted to become one Loremaster but because I am still on Final Warning from my Perma-ban, I can't. It's just something I was wondering if I can do it or if it would be consider plagia or something among those lines.

7 answers to this question

Hagger    117

Everyone has to create their own backstory when applying for whitelist. This is for new people to prove that they understand the concept or roleplay and they are able to create realistic characters that fit to our current lore.

But if you are helping already whitelisted members on creating their characters and backstories then I don't see any problem with that.

AlwaysGamer    24

I understand for those who needs a backstory for the whitelisting. I actually agree that they need to make one first. My service would be more for those who are already whitelisted and need help creating a second character's backstory.

AlwaysGamer    24

Alright, I guess now Im sure I wont get in trouble for helping someone with his backstory. Thanks for the answers.

Please /solved.

Clumsy    142

As long as they do their own when they are whitelisted I see no issues with you helping them come up with a character backstory. I would suggest that you help them and not do it for them as I would find they may connect better with a character they assist in creating instead of having one created for them.

/Solving as requested.

AlwaysGamer    24

As long as they do their own when they are whitelisted I see no issues with you helping them come up with a character backstory. I would suggest that you help them and not do it for them as I would find they may connect better with a character they assist in creating instead of having one created for them.

Yeah, that's what I was planning to do. ;)

Back in my day the backstory part was more to test your level of English and basic writing skills however I don't know if its still that way. The actual content of the story doesn't strictly matter as long as its a story it can be as boring as anything and still pass as long as its readable and presented decently.