Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Keedz

Stuff went south from a Battleye error

Question

Keedz    0

So somehow after leaving my good friend download shit from my computer ( fucking genius right? ) he downloaded a virus and kinda fucked my computer up, after sorting everything out i noticed every time i launch Dayz i get this battleye thingy

b01d77d215a97674b5341e64c706790d.png

After endless attempts and googles , i decide to try and reinstall that bitch.

Now that i uninstalled it like a mong and tried to reinstall it again steams starts doing retarded shit and wont download anything and whenever i try to install it again , it wont even create the game folder and after a while a small error box appears with this: 

Content Servers Unreachable

so basicly i cant download anything for steam.

and whenever i try to delete game files of dayz or anything else my steam just crashes

And whenever i try to update any other game this is the result :

it just stays like this 

d32d6983d4975d67202d75635064fff7.png 

donnu if this is relevant but i also noticed that whenever i launch gefore experience it says "Something went wrong try restarting geforce experience"

Stuff i tried but didnt help :

-Restarting my pc/steam/router/fridge

-Reinstaled steam

-Turned off my firewall and my antivirus

PS : sorry if this Thread doesnt belong here.

tldr: i fucked up

23 answers to this question

Kanen    108

Have you tried scanning your computer? Just reading through and I noticed you never said you did that.

You could also have a possibility that your anti-virus as blocked DayZ and you will just have to unblock it again depending on what anti-virus software you use.

Keedz    0

Have you tried scanning your computer? Just reading through and I noticed you never said you did that.

You could also have a possibility that your anti-virus as blocked DayZ and you will just have to unblock it again depending on what anti-virus software you use.

Yes , i did scan my computer and cleared everything.

And i even removed my anti virus just to test but didnt work , and even if its the case , why cant i download anything from steam whatsoever no updates no new games no nothing

Eagle    409

Go into your Steam properties and try clicking Run Compatibility Troubleshooting this might find the issues you have with steam and fix it.

ZM8Wp0W.png

Also, Try Downloading Norton and make it do a full scan, you can get a Free Trial here.

Blitz    0

Are you currently running sweetfx from your game directory?

Edit : Additionally what OS are you running?

Keedz    0

Edit : What OS are you running?

Nope , windows 7

Blitz    0

Edit : What OS are you running?

Nope , windows 7

No idea then, I recently ran into this error when I installed SweetFX. I fixed mine by re-installing the game then re-installing SweetFX. Sorry I could not be of help.

Crim    119

I recommend using Malwarebytes. In my opinion the virus is still there, download it from here.  Kos your friend.

Keedz    0

I recommend using Malwarebytes. In my opinion the virus is still there, download it from here.  Kos your friend.

Already done that i am trying what eagle said right now but i cant even access norton since something is blocking it

Keira    1466

I also recommend downloading spybots here

Oliv    1882

Have you tried returning to a safe restore point before your "friend" got a virus on your computer?

Keedz    0

Have you tried returning to a safe restore point before your "friend" got a virus on your computer?

No saving points rip me

Crim    119

Try Kiera's suggestion, defo a trojan or something interfering with your network traffic.

If all else fails I suppose an easy fix is backup your files / data and factory reset Windows

Keedz    0

Try Kiera's suggestion, defo a trojan or something interfering with your network traffic.  

If all else fails I suppose an easy fix is backup your files / data and factory reset Windows

I ran a shittone of scans , i got 100 % rid of all trojans but the downloading problem still persist

Diamond    0

Did you Try to turn it off for a minute :troll:

On a real note tho you need to clean your registry or restore Pc to a earlier date, might work.

Chernov    0

Bitdefender 2017 total security + malwarebytes and hitman pro my dude. No virus will ever get in. But yeah, that virus is most likely still there.

Keedz    0

Bitdefender 2017 total security + malwarebytes and hitman pro my dude. No virus will ever get in. But yeah, that virus is most likely still there.

Did that , but still having the same issue cant even install anygame

Chernov    0

You've got all 3 of those?

Keedz    0

Yup instaled them and scanned got rid of a few more viruses  but still having the same steam issue.

Chernov    0

Yup instaled them and scanned got rid of a few more viruses  but still having the same steam issue.

Huh, well then they did indeed confirm that you have more malware on your system if they got rid of more shit you had that you didnt know was there. But still? You must have some nasty virus, or it altered something somewhere and now its left broken even with the virus gone. My last suggestion besides a factory reset/system restore would be turn bitdefender ALL the way up. Set everything to aggressive, and even try rescue mode and paranoid mode, just to use all you have at hand.

This also might be able to help you. The program kill switch, it has everything you need to know right there on the site.

https://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-328-3531-.html

Sir Hawke    28

This program has saved me before: http://housecall.trendmicro.com

It found the viruses the 10 other antiv programs didn't.

Also, you might need to reinstall Windows after all this (or reset to factory settings). If any of the pesky viruses doodled with some system files... Your computer might be "disabled" :troll:

But for real, good luck and I hope you manage to get your computer fixed!

Keedz    0

Aight , apparently this is an extremely fucking stubborn trojan/worm that is on my pc i'm just gonna wipe everything.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, also huge shoutout to RedSky for the dank ts assist and tryna fight fire with fire.

you can /solve this

Eagle    409

I am sorry that we could not be of any further assistance.

/Solved