Server time: 2017-08-21, 23:55

Sign in to follow this  
William

Possible event idea

William    398

So while I was browsing the DayZ subreddit I came across some posts about a manhunt going on in a private server. I think it was Pimpsis loot mania or something. I've never played on that server so I wouldn't know their rules regarding it, but what I do know is that a certain person (usually a youtuber) hides somewhere in the map. Players have a set time frame to find and kill the youtuber or whoever they are searching for. Now in that server, the youtuber hands out some sort of monetary prize for the first person to kill him. The man that's being hunted carries around a note, once you kill the man you pick up the note and tweet/post it somewhere to redeem the prize. This person can also tweet hints during the event

So this is how I think it should work for DayZRP.

-Some well known member of the community, perhaps a staff member or something, is the person being hunted

-Everyone spawns in and tries to find him. Teams are allowed, perhaps a cap? Who knows

-The person(s) who shoot and kill the person of interest picks up a note left on his/her body, screenshots it and posts it on the forums.

-They then receive a prize of any shape or form. Maybe like 20$ of premium or a title, again, up for discussion.

Possible Pros

-Draws the community together in a nice friendly fun way

-Can happen multiple times, not just a one and done thing. 

-And it can be pretty damn fun

Possible Cons

-Might be a little difficult to organize

-Would have to get approval regarding prizes and such (If it were to be a premium prize)

-Actual event can be somewhat hard, considering that Chernarus is pretty big and has a lot of forests. However, the person(s) being hunted will post hints on twitter or something to help make the search a bit easier.

Obviously this will be an OOC event, however it COULD be IC if we really tried. (Might not be that hard, who knows). With the recent changes with the LM positions I figured I would go ahead and get your guys's opinions on this. Please send feedback in the comments, let me know what you guys think!

Since this isn't necessarily my idea, anyone can take this and make an event thread out of it.

I feel like a chase style event has been done before, but still seems like a fun Idea.

Castiel    1124

Could be fun, even without permission from Rolle to have a premium prize I would enjoy this. I could post the hints using RCON so everyone in-game sees them, perhaps as radio transmissions if it were an IC event.

William    398

Could be fun, even without permission from Rolle to have a premium prize I would enjoy this. I could post the hints using RCON so everyone in-game sees them, perhaps as radio transmissions if it were an IC event.

Yeah thats what I was thinking for staff members

So everyone has KOS?

William    398

So everyone has KOS?

Yes, unless the person was wearing something to distinguish him/her, then it would be a different story.

So everyone has KOS?

Yes, unless the person was wearing something to distinguish him/her, then it would be a different story.

Make this a thing, wouldnt be hard to organize. FInd someone to be hunted, and then let people sign up to hunt. Shouldnt be hard to get a server closed for the event. 

GG

William    398

Very cool idea, yeah the one put off being that that guy is gonna be super hard to find :)

Thanks for the feedback, I may consider making this a thing in the the future

I think it is a cool idea. As I have said many times before I do enjoy OOC events but it was extremely difficult to get the last event to take place, it seems Rolle does not want OOC events. I think he wants more IC events to take place. I reckon there could be an IC aspect to it. The person being hunted had a large hit on their head, people have to try and find him. Would also be cool to add a possible dead / alive system. Try and strive for more roleplay. Anyway, Will, I can back this. Lets see if it actually plays out.

I think they did a thing where they hunted rolle down before but regardless this sounds fun as hell, I'm in.

Storm    203

I think they did a thing where they hunted rolle down before but regardless this sounds fun as hell, I'm in.

This was part of the KOS hour before the new patch I believe.

But I agree, this event would be fun. What happens if the hunted dies straight away?

Sounds fun, gonna keep an eye on this.

We did something like that. It was a bunch of streamers teaming up as 2 each team. One person was being hunted. Everyone had to stream and there was no rules at all. Streamsniping was actually wanted there and our viewers were allowed to tell us where everyone else is.

It took a while until the hunt was over but it was alot of fun.

Having something like that, just better organized and maybe even IC, sounds good.

Lankin    102

Right now the LoreMasters are focusing more on IC lore advancing events, and then having more IC/OOC fun events in the future. This seems like a very simple idea that won't take allot of work to do. If given permission by the Admins this can happen. All we need is enough interest from the community to do this, and then set a date. GameMasters can use the RCON to control the event/give hints. Also the person being hunted can wear something like a yellow or pink jacket to distinguish themselves from everyone else. I would suggust making an event thread yourself, add names to a list if people are interested in the event. Then see what happens.

Dank af idea, seems like it'd be a load of fun.

William    398

Right now the LoreMasters are focusing more on IC lore advancing events, and then having more IC/OOC fun events in the future. This seems like a very simple idea that won't take allot of work to do. If given permission by the Admins this can happen. All we need is enough interest from the community to do this, and then set a date. GameMasters can use the RCON to control the event/give hints. Also the person being hunted can wear something like a yellow or pink jacket to distinguish themselves from everyone else. I would suggust making an event thread yourself, add names to a list if people are interested in the event. Then see what happens.

Thanks for the reply Lankin! I'll probably go ahead and make an event thread later today. Perhaps I'll get a list of staff members/streamers who want to be hunted.

Stagsview    589

Thanks for the reply Lankin! I'll probably go ahead and make an event thread later today. Perhaps I'll get a list of staff members/streamers who want to be hunted.

If you need any help with this the loremaster team is more than happy to push you along on some ideas. But remember as lankin said already we are mainly focusing on Lore/Canon events that will be progressing the lore for the server.

The Traveler    119

Honestly I personally do not like this idea because it isn't RP in even the vaguest of terms, and even if a story was to be made for it the idea was born out of OOC reasons as opposed to RP reasons.

Events are , in my opinion suppose to be about bringing a plethora of different characters and groups together for a specific reason to bring out opportunities for X group and Y group or X and Y person to Roleplay together for, what could be the first time (an experience that might never happen again, and in turn sticks in your memory) . Events are suppose to leave an impact on characters where , months later IG someone could ask you "Hey, where were you when X happened" .... new storylines for groups and characters could come out of them aswell...

The reason I say this so negatively is because I am personally against it...

But you know what? That doesn't matter. It seems like the majority want this to happen, which futher shows the current mindset of the DayZRP community, and that's fine :)

No way to change that, no need to cry about it either :P

So you do your event laddo :P And get enough support to convince staff to let you do it :P

Mr Shank    22

I remember way back in mod we had something similar, pretty well coordinated with an admin sending global messages to everyone acting as radio messages and the end goal was finding some dudes sister who had been kidnapped by some random russian.

Was pretty fun throughout, the messages weren't just "oh btw I'm here" but they were clues as to where he has been and when we found one location we moved to the next and then the next etc. There was a massive group of about 30 of us moving around in a convoy of vehicles and it was really cool. Unfortunately when we found the dudes sister (at green mountain obviously) the dude went in by himself, got killed and same with his sister which left a russian dude at the top of green mountain and about 30 people wanting to kill him. Most of us were told to leave by some Chernorussians pretending they had authority so it ended with about 30 people who had just wasted their time.

So again, the idea overall was cool, but without a good payoff there really isn't a point.