Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:07

Sign in to follow this  

Combat Logging

Question

If you are the hostage in a hostile situation, does the 30 minute timer still apply to you? Seeing how you were involved in the situation as well

14 answers to this question

If I am correct. If they let you go and you complied the whole time, you don't have to wait 30 mins. As they don't have KOS rights on you. If you escaped than yes, you would have to break line of sight and wait 30. I may not be correct, but staff will confirm.

If I am correct. If they let you go and you complied the whole time, you don't have to wait 30 mins. As they don't have KOS rights on you. If you escaped than yes, you would have to break line of sight and wait 30. I may not be correct, but staff will confirm.

But does combat logging have anything to do with kos rights though?

Tony    612

If they let you go, no problems what so ever and you complied, then I doubt it as they wouldn't have kill rights. However if you fled from them and kill rights are acquired through this, then I would imagine that yes, you do need to wait the 30 minutes should they choose to pursue.

If they don't have KOS rights and the situation has concluded, no, you are not subjected to the combat log timer.

But does combat logging have anything to do with kos rights though?

Depends on if you were let go and told not to come back ect. Or if you escaped. KOS rights only apply if you don't comply. If you complied, than you should be able to log when the situation is over? I think? :S

Castiel    1124

If you're released then you can log. If you escape, they have KOS rights - so you have to wait the timer.

If you're released then you can log. If you escape, they have KOS rights - so you have to wait the timer.

This ^

There u go.

So in turn, KOS rights and Combat logging are directly tied together in a way?

Clumsy    135

As from the rules

889c1209cc.png

The timer applies if you perform a hostile act. If you are the hostage and you comply to all the demands up until they let you go then you are free. They do not have KOS rights on you and you do not need to wait the timer as you did not perform a hostile act.

So in turn, KOS rights and Combat logging are directly tied together in a way?

Yes. In order for you to be punished for combat logging, someone has to have KOS rights on you.

They are tied together in a way.

William    397

If no one has KOS rights on you, you're more than welcome to log off.

I was accused of combat logging once, I was freed by some people, and then I crashed 20 minutes later and didn't bother logging onto the server since it was full. The verdict of this report found me not guilty of combat logging.

However I did technically escape.

Have the answers provided help answer you question, Jackson?

Yea I guess.