Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:50

Sign in to follow this  
MkBigMAK

Changing Characters

Question

MkBigMAK    0

So I want to change characters... I feel like the guy I'm using isn't giving me the excitement out of the game. My current character is a lawful good guy and interactions with everyone (So far) have been... almost annoyingly peaceful. I haven't run across really any bad people or bandits in the game, and I feel like it would be WAY more eventful to be one.

So quick question... I understand that my new character won't have memories of the past one or anything... but would it be considered "power gaming" if I just up and change my persona even while holding my current gear?

6 answers to this question

To answer your question: Nope.

Gear is gear. Just forget your memories and you're fine.

Need to make a new backstory to go with your character and give him a new name. But you don't have to get a new character model and ditch all the gear. I advice you to try and change your style a bit to fit your more 'evil' character though.

LightGhillie    84

Shark is right but I would REALLY have to recommend holding off against playing a hostile character since your so new to the community. I still have yet to initiate on someone. But that's just my thought. But if you are really wanting to play a hostile character then listen to Shark and Sofie if you will be changing your character. Good luck!

Castiel    1124

As stated in the FAQ:

Q: Can I change my name/character from the one I described in my whitelist?

A: Players are completely free to change characters and/or names at will. Just remember that a new character will not possess any of the memories or knowledge of your previous characters.

Keeping your current equipment is fine. Just change your name and be aware you cannot remember any events or people your character has encountered previously.

Clumsy    143

When you make a new character they are completely different and have no memories your previous character had. You can keep the same gear but you will need a new name and a new backstory. As soon as you change your name in the main menu you are playing a different character no matter what gear you are using. 

Although I would suggest maybe switching up your wardrobe a bit as a lot of people identify each other based on your clothing and sometimes it's a good idea to get clothes that would match your characters personality.

As many people have given you the answer to your question I will go ahead and /Solve this.