Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:04

Sign in to follow this  
HueHuez

Best looking mechanics gear in your opinion?

Baseball cap, check shirt, gloves, cargos or jeans. Carry with you a welding mask and some tools and you are set.

MrBowTie    46

Gear doesn't make any RP but if you're going for the look of a mechanic, I would guess jeans, T-shirt, construction boots?

^ No pants either, if you wear a T-shirt and a good pair of yellow work boots, everyone will know your here to repair the car.

(But in all seriousness.)

I'd say maybe a blue shirt with blue cargo's and some black work boots. With maybe a bandana head wrap (Keep the sweat outa yer eyes.) and a welding mask. The mask only if your doing welding, I wouldn't wear one if you were just repairing stuff.

AlwaysGamer    24

As many said, a welding mask is good. A tshirt or a check shirt with jeans or cargo pants BUT, try to et damaged pants, to me, it would look like some real working pants. These things are not in perfect condition since we are 2 years after the Outbreak AND you are using them to repair cars, so, logically to are against metallic object so cuts and holes are commun. A Baseball hat or a Bandana on the head is also good. Same with yellow gloves and working boots.

Hagger    117

I would avoid the stereotypical look when choosing an outfit to a character.

It is very unrealistic and lazy to see someone walking around in white coat all the time and telling that they are doctors. Same thingh with full firefighter/police uniform. Just because that was your characters occupation before the outbreak doesn't mean that he/she has to dress like they are on their way to work. For example I'm paramedic irl and I wouldn't walk around in paramedic outfit all the time if the apocalypse hit.

Try to convey your character's occupation and skills through roleplay. Carry some mechanical gadgets, drop some special terminology that shows that he is the expert on this field, act really interested when near scrapped vehicles. It's much more than just how you look.

Jango    29

Prisoners Uniform, With a Plate Carrier and the Prisoner Hat, looks like an awesome Mechanic Outfit.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

Cargo pants and a tshirt+ some yellow working boots

Full Gorka, plate carrier, fully decked out AK101, cause it might come in handy while checking them tires.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

It is very unrealistic and lazy to see someone walking around in white coat all the time and telling that they are doctors. Same thingh with full firefighter/police uniform. Just because that was your characters occupation before the outbreak doesn't mean that he/she has to dress like they are on their way to work. For example I'm paramedic irl and I wouldn't walk around in paramedic outfit all the time if the apocalypse hit.

Try to convey your character's occupation and skills through roleplay. Carry some mechanical gadgets, drop some special terminology that shows that he is the expert on this field, act really interested when near scrapped vehicles. It's much more than just how you look.

Well I mean I rp'ed a carpenter and never once got interested when I saw some nicely hung doors or some well fit architrave.

Hagger    117

Well I mean I rp'ed a carpenter and never once got interested when I saw some nicely hung doors or some well fit architrave.

Not saying that you have to go: "OOOH!" when you see something that your character might be interested :D

Just act interested in things that he might be good at. Carpenter could mutter something about shitty oak handle on axe or sharpen his tools more often. I usually saturate my head with all kinds of facts when I'm creating a character that has knowledge on fields where I have zero. I've been reading a ton of articles about edible mushrooms/berries/roots that might grow in eastern Europe just to give more depth to my character. I once had a piece of paper with Latin plant names next to my PC.

Where I work we wear cargo pants, long sleeve button down shirts, black work boots, and baseball hats. Also may wanna find some gloves as well.

jeans, raider's jacket and baseball bat with nails <3

Connvexus    36

Clothes would be more so your choice, I would say something civi (obviously) but definitely a baseball cap.

Tools wise, lug wrench, screwdrivers etc.

I don't know why you need a welding mask, repairing cars doesn't involve welding.

The only thing you would need to weld is the frame/chasis of the vehicle, and if the frame/chasis has snapped the chances of it being put back in working condition where it wouldn't snap again (in the apocalypse) isn't likely.

Grey cargo's , black assault vest , check shirt , working boots and a baseball cap