Server time: 2017-10-17, 01:41
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Blitz

False report verdicts back?

Question

Blitz    0

In a recent report I saw that the OP was given a false report verdict for manipulating the description in an attempt to get users banned. I was wondering, especially with the recent influx of reports made by users in the 'heat of the moment', if false report verdicts will actually be making a return. Personally I fully support these kind of verdicts if and when they are needed, users on DayZRP need to learn that just because they are angry at a certain situation they cannot act out and make a report under false pretences.

Edit : I heard that False report verdicts can be issued when; after staff have debunked the report and made it clear there are no rule breaks, the user decides to continue with the report. My question targets situations when this doesn't happen.

Report in question

21 answers to this question

Wumby    0

I think people who close a report because "it was heat of the moment" should hold the L and get a false report verdict. But staff will say

"This is case by case and will be handled as such"

Shark    0

Edit : I heard that False report verdicts can be issued when after staff have debunked the report and made it clear there are no rule breaks, the user decides to continue with the report. My questions targets situations when this doesn't happen.

Report in question

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Ask-the-admins?pid=1619208#pid1619208

Apparently the 'false report' bit was in error; however, I agree that false reports need to be re-added. Why they were removed in the first place is confusing. False reports are at least one way to combat salt reports where someone is strictly out for a ban. Also gives a hefty warning to people who put up reports when they clearly don't have a basic understanding of how the rules are actually put into action once IG.

Bran    0

Yes

Personally I think that putting up a salt report is just as annoying as flaming

Shark    0

While the false report rule was removed we still punish people for eihter not saying the full story or lying about it. But instead of punishing those with a false report, they receive a lying in a report punishment.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S2-KoS-in-Kamarovo-10-23-16-12-00-EST?pid=1614529#pid1614529

But false report does not always equal lying in a report. A false report could be a complete lack of understanding of the rules.

Rampage    0

I obviously think false reports should still be used and dont agree with it being taken away. All players should know the basic core rules even the new players. There is no excuse as they are really not that hard to understand. People should not be reporting others for killing them when they dont comply to an initiation. I think a few false report verdicts will sort that out.

Castiel    1124

If people make a report in the heat of the moment or to get someone in trouble when no rulebreaks happened then they should be punished for it. They are taking up the accused time with their malicious intent and wasting staff's time which could be spent dealing with actual rulebreaks and working on community concerns.

Mental    0

I don't agree with people being able to close their reports as soon as they get caught breaking a rule. That's something that needs to change.

Although when they get told that no rulebreaks occurred and they wish to close it, I think that's fine. You have the right to make a report if you THINK a rule was broken, not every report has rulebreaks.

Spartan    1227

Staff used to keep the reports open when we saw a rulebreak from the OP side so we could discuss it. Most of the time it ended with a verbal warning or a ban for the rulebreaker, depending on which GMs were discussing it. Personally i pushed for a ban, seeing they broke a rule themselves. Why would you ignore that?

But if they make a report in the heat of the moment and next morning they realize that they handled badly and ask for it to be closed I wouldnt see why a punishment is needed. If they didnt break a rule themselves ofc. Everyone is free to make a report if they think a rule has been broken. Why would you punish someone if they wish to close it after seeing other peoples view on it and realizing there was no rulebreak.

Fox    0

Yes, please. Maybe people would actually think before making a report every time they die because of non compliance. Too many salt reports recently. Learn the rules and you save everyone a lot of time.

Voodoo    487

Yea it should still be a thing especially if staff say they do not see a rule break and the OP wants to continue due to being angry about what happened.

Mental    0

Yea it should still be a thing especially if staff say they do not see a rule break and the OP wants to continue due to being angry about what happened.

This is how it currently works, however not many people are silly enough to do so.

Oh yeah, false reports are a thing still, they just only work how Voodoo put it.

AndreyQ    0

False reports are something that has been brought up before and they will be discussed in the staff meeting that is happening soon. Until then I will solve the question and once a decision is made regarding them, we will update everyone with the outcome via this thread.

As of right now, the false report rule is removed but it might make a return after the meeting.

Diamond    0

It needs to come back. It's needed too for about 3 months now. Please bring it back. Please.

Tbh if staff says they do not see a rulebreak right there it should be considered a false report and a 5-7 day

Terra    1449

The false report-rule will be discussed in the next Staff meeting this weekend. As I have stated in the link Shark has provided ( http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Ask-the-admins?pid=1619208#pid1619208 ) the rule was apparently once removed after a meeting - it never was announcend nor was anything updated for everyone to know. Hence even I was under the impression that a false Report is still a thing and I am still very much for this rule.

We will update you with the decision of the discussion in the next community meeting this coming sunday.

DickSlide    250

I mean I'm for and against this.

On one side every community member is entitled to make a report IF they feel like there was a rule broken. Some of these reports are made by people who are new to the community. People bitch and complain about this and it's annoying. If you know you didn't do anything wrong and you are reported then why care? Like seriously?

Then on the other side I feel like the whitelist is way to easy and vague on the rules. It's easy to past the whitelist to me it seems. There was this thing called a mentor system for new people to help avoid this. Where is it now? Oh it's gone? Well shit. Instead of bitching about this maybe we should've done the mentor system. The I'm all for it. As the should've read the rules better before making a report.

So all in all I'm down for this and I'm not at the same time.

Thumper    0

What I would personally like to see:

Require evidence. Logs can be evidence too but if the logs dont collaborate the report no screenshots, no video....close it. There is no reason to waste anymore time or write up a word vs word verdict.

Video evidence: edited footage would immediately warrant a ban strike.  'Nuff said.

Mamba    0

If the lying in a report is obvious it should result in a punishment. These reports are only up due to malicious intent over OOC salt and made just to punish another user. The current practice of asking people if they want to close a report before verdicting , is not something I personally agree with. No , I am not trying to have people be banned that has never been my intention , but going out of your way to get another user banned should have consequences

Skinner    496

If the lying in a report is obvious it should result in a punishment. going out of your way to get another user banned should have consequences

BINGO. I'm all for giving everyone a consequence-free opportunity to open a report if they legitimately feel that a rule has been broken. If they are truthful and it is determined that a rule actually was not broken, then they learn something and there's no hard feelings, it's all good. However, when someone is salty that they died and they deliberately twist the truth and even outright lie in the hopes that they will get someone banned as revenge... I think they need to get hit with a false report.