Server time: 2017-10-22, 10:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Layman96

How do you prefer to reference time IC?

Layman96    1

I just want to see what is more popular/preferred when it comes to time scale. Do you reference time based on IRL time or in game?

This question arises after an encounter I had where I had met a group one night, then met them again the next night IRL time. When meeting, our last meet came up in which i refereed to meeting them "a few days ago" since it had been several day cycles in game since meeting them. They responded with "what? no that was just last night". So lets discuss which of these is preferred or proper?

Nihoolious    1248

I use OOC time since it is easier to remember than counting the in game days gone by.

Oliv    1884

We should be using OOC time, otherwise we would be about 8-10 years into the infection instead of 2.

Xero3451    0

I've always sorta just played it out as if I have no real grasp on time ICly, frequently feeling as if periods of time  feel closer or further away then they actually are, but if anything I feel as if we should be using OOC time as weird as it would be.

WilliAM    431

I always use OOC time, especially on holidays

I just look at the big timer on the website that actually tells us how long we're into the infection and from there... wing it.

Helix    40

Yeah i always use OOC time try to ignore the day night cycles ingame as much as possible without affecting the RP itself.

Eagle    409

When it comes to time reference I prefer to stick to OOC time line otherwise it gets really confusing considering its impossible to call what day and month it is in-game.

Riggsee    0

Ill usually use in game day or night for conversation. But if I tell someone last night it means last night OOC. Like others said. My character would be almost 40 if I used in game time for everything.

Castiel    1124

Ill usually use in game day or night for conversation. But if I tell someone last night it means last night OOC. Like others said. My character would be almost 40 if I used in game time for everything.

Yeah, this. If it's night time on the server but 1400 hours server time then I'll still say it's night, can't ignore the fact it's dark out. ICly I've never been asked the time or anything and I doubt my character would know the time of day by this point anyway.

KalebD    0

I usually use OOC time. Even for conversations since I normally play at night if I say goodbye to someone even if it's day I'll say "have a nice night."

Sofie    0

I use OOC time when it comes to talking about events like the example you mention. However, while roleplaying in game I play out the day-circles since I normally don't spend more time online than to experience one circle.

OOC time, unless it was OOC'ly agreed that more than X amount of time passed. Most everyone I know RPs out the day/night setting though.

Dishes    159

I just use OOC time since IC time goes by much faster, it's easier to remember.