Server time: 2017-08-17, 05:54

Sign in to follow this  
MkBigMAK

Sounds errors!!! ARGH!

MkBigMAK    0

So I scared the absolute shit out of myself earlier. I was watching some dudes hanging out by the military base near Vybor when suddenly I hear footsteps RIGHT on top of me. Now mind you, I'm in the middle of a field, kneeled down behind a bush with nobody around me (I do a 360 sweep every 30 seconds or so)

I freak out and pull out my pistol (My current primary is a single shot) and I begin frantically running circles around this bush. Turns out I guess it was just the sound of my own footsteps from about 20 seconds earlier finally catching up!

Earlier, I threw a grenade in Vybor... just because I had one, and frankly I'll probably NEVER get the chance to use it ( I still carry another just in case some crazy opportunity comes knockin') So I throw this thing to hear what it sounds like and... poof... nothing. No sound? No smoke? My screen rattles like I just was in an earthquake, but damn what a let down!

I know this game is plagued with bugs of all kinds and sound errors (About a year ago it was always the ammo "jingle" sounds) but... just opening discussion... Anyone ever have a similar experience? Scaring the crap out of themselves or something?

Nihoolious    1091

Little things used to make me jump like that in the beginning. Over time, you get used to it and the game starts to loose its appeal until you find yourself waiting six months for an update for a reason to play again...

Sorry for my edge.

Helix    35

yeah one time we were in a tense situation and i was really tired i accidentally shot the floor and made my self run around like a headless chicken for 5 minutes.

William    397

Yeah it's just dayZ and latency unfortunately

I hate this problem so much. I have many times punched the air or swing my bat, only to hear the sound repeat itself later where I stood while doing it.

Yeah. That's happened to me before. The ammo jingle or the eating sound always put me on edge even though I knew it was a bug. It's still freaky. Hopefully with this new damn update coming out soon (hopefully) every sound issue will be fixed. That's the dream at least.

MkBigMAK    0

Little things used to make me jump like that in the beginning. Over time, you get used to it and the game starts to loose its appeal until you find yourself waiting six months for an update for a reason to play again...

Sorry for my edge.

Nah I get it, I took a 7 months hiatus before I picked it up again. Been on The Division (Short lived) Rainbow 6 siege, Destiny, GTA:V, and Battlfield 4.

Honestly what made me come back was stumbling across a YouTube channel for "TheRunningManZ" and got a kick out of the experiences he had in game. Ultimately, it led me here.

I will say, I've had quite a great experience meeting players/groups in game (In DayZRP), but there's definitely a totally different aspect when you add in the random KOS like you get on public servers. It's both exciting and horribly frustrating at the same time.

I get random "near the ocean" watery background noise from time to time. Relogging usually fixes it.

Fingers crossed that the .61 sound update will get rid of most/all of the issue.

USACelt    0

When they first introdued chainsaws. Yeah, you guessed it, opened a door to a house and the chainsaw sound cut loose. I ran like a spooked rabbit for severeal minutes till I realized no one was chasing me. Had to find new pants after that.

Connvexus    36

Not hearing vehicles coming towards you, even when they are right fucking next to you. You hear the gear changing though.

Not hearing gunshots even when you watch them shoot, but your friends hear it and you look like an idiot IC.

I can't wait for the shit to be fixed.

On a side note I don't get people who throw grenades for the fun of. OOC I do but IC you can't even justify throwing a live grenade in the middle of a city unless you have a death wish. It would just draw every infected or bandit to you.

And 2 years in to an apocalypse you wouldn't even waste a grenade no matter how many you have.

Tsk tsk ruining my immersion. ;)