Server time: 2017-08-21, 19:48

Sign in to follow this  
MkBigMAK

Any US forces in the AO [OPEN FREQ]

MkBigMAK    0

*Jason digs through a ruck sack left in the back of a Chernarus Defense Force truck, lifting out a small olive drab color radio. He fished around and found a battery pack. He snapped it together and turned the knob on top. Black text flickered across the tiny cracked screen in the front. He gripped the radio tight with both hands and stood upright, looking out across the town for movement. It was getting dark and he needed to find a place to hunker down for the night. Jason switched the knob back, hoping it would turn on again later, and shoved it into his cargo pocket.*

*Jason sat down, leaning his rifle on the wall as he tossed his boonie of to the side, and pulled his balaclava off. His hands were cold, and the fire he lit earlier was hot enough to warm up from a couple of feet away. Jason shot a glance at the barn doors to ensure that his barricades were still up. Jason kicked off his boots and mis-matched socks and shoved the lower half of his body into a hay stack. Jason reached into his cargo pocket and pulled out the radio. A bit of relief went over him as he saw the letters flicker across the cracked screen again. That relief quickly turned to doubt, as he realized he might not get anything from this call at all.*

*Having no idea how much battery life was left, how strong his signal would go, or even what frequency he was on, he licked his lips, and pressed down the PTT button*

"Any US forces in the AO, my name is Jason..."

*Jason paused, thinking maybe he should put too much information over open channels*

"... Is anybody monitoring this net?"

*Jason let go off the PTT, impatiently waiting as he stared at the radio*

*Having heard nothing, Jason sighs and calmly speaks into the radio*

"If anyone is in the area, I'll be heading to Zelenegorsk tomorrow. I'm not really sure where I'm at now... I know it's not far from the airport, spelled something like capital B, lower case b, capital I, 6, O, P. Not sure what that town is in English, but I know I need to head south from here. I at least know Zelenegorsk... been there before. I hope someone else is still there too."

*Jason released the PTT and set the radio down. He figured he would let it run until it died. Maybe someone would call in and wake him up. He laid his head down for the night, staring at the radio beside his head until he dozed off*

*Was grunting and cursing as he was forced to repair the car Alan had wrecked and ran away from leaving him to do the grunt work. "Stupid fucking Martin and his stupid fucking invisible bump" hearing his radio he startled himself and slipped, jamming his finger. He yelped and cursed some more as he kicked the car. Taking up the radio he replied*

This is Reaper, who is this over?

*He let go of the PTT and sighed and then kicked the car again whilst he waited*

MkBigMAK    0

*Jason jolts awake and fumbles for the radio, not sure if someone came across the net or not. Sounded like... Creeper? Repair? Deeper?*

"Hello? Hello!? Yes! Last calling station my name is Jason..."

*He regained a little composure and calmed down.*

"Say again your identifier, over."

*Jason sits up and waits for another call, holding the radio up in the air like he is trying to get a better reception*

*held down his PTT whilst he sat in the car dry. It may not run but at least it kept him out of the rain*

I say again, this is Reaper. With the USS Walker well, not anymore. Lost contact with a lot of my boys. Whats your situation over?

*Let go of the PTT as he closed his eyes enjoying the sound of the falling rain whilst he stayed dried.*

*John hears over some static something about US forces still around and decided to hit the PTT*

"Hello this is John Moody, I am retired USMC. Haven't heard anyone reach out to US forces in a while and I gotta warn you brotha, people don't take to kindly to us. Some nationalist will hunt you down thinking you were involved in the Civil War.

*Shots and dying infected can be heard over the radio*

"If you are looking for help there ain't much anyone can do for you, best you can do is blend in with the rest of the population. If you do run into something you can't handle I'll do my best to assist, you can contact me at 66.6 hz. I'm signing off, I wish you the best of luck brotha."

*A man screaming in agony from a gunshot wound can be heard before the radio cuts to static*

Chance    48

*radio flickers on*

Sheeit partner, I arrived here when the outbreak occured and I'm ready to give these commie son o' bitches some god damn liberty! 

I'll catch y'all on the flip-side ... 'Murica!

*radio flickers off*

MkBigMAK    0

*Jason let out a short surprised laugh, excited to hear military guys coming across the net. Jason let the radio static whir for a minute to see if anyone else was going to key in. He let out a deep breath and hit the PTT*

"Reaper, John Moody! Glad to hear more guys made it through this... My name is Jason, I was with SOCEUR before all this crap broke out. My team was here providing support for a humanitarian mission when the shit hit the fan. Do you guys have anybody from 10th Group with you by chance?"

*Jason released the PTT thinking back to 2 years ago, thinking about who he DIDN'T see die, wondering if they could make it to. "They were resourceful enough," he thought, "but then again, so was everyone else."*

*holds the PTT down*

Negative on that last. No 10th boys here. Reaper out

*let go of the PTT*

jason hunter    56

*Jason is searching for diffirent broadcast on his mini-improvised radio station, he stops when he bumps into this transmission, he hears the man out and decides to reply*

US forces....yeah i've seen a couple few of them. I myself am Belgian for.....*He grunts a little*

Nevermind that last bit. Uuhh anyways, there was this one guy i met named John or something...Said he was with the US army or something.

I'll see if i can get in contact with him.

*Jason stops transmitting and keeps on searching for diffirent broadcasts*

human142    0

*Dimitri pulls out his radio while sitting in the woods*

Americans Eh..... I am Hunter by I am on this frequency alot more then I used to be....I need ammo and a weapon I will be near Cherno and the south.... Find me if you can my name is Dimtri Popov I would glady team up with Americans my cousin was in the Gorka Garrison when shit hit the fan.... Havent heard from him in a couple of weeks. Contact me ASAP. Hunter Out.

*Dimitri puts his radio back in his bag and falls asleep leaning on a tree.

*Kojo chuckles ready for a good hardy laugh, then picks up the radio*

Hello my American friend, speaking from personal experiences, American military who advertise their status don't usually last long around here, my advice, Forget everything. Learn to blend in to the local populous and you might not kick the can as fast. The names Kojo by the way

*Kojo puts the radio down and goes back to making homemade explosives*

*John hears his name break through some static and hits the PTT*

"Its me John Moody again, I didn't come over with US forces. I came over with the Red cross during the Civil War. I gotta say though I've got a lot of knowledge on the area, anything you need I know I got you."

"Someone screaming "HANDS UP" can be heard in the background followed by a flurry of shots from a suppressed M4 can be heard*

*John hits the PTT again*

"Theres a few guys from the good ole US forces that have lost their ways and are helping bad people do harm. Hopefully you won't get mixed up in it."

*John releases the PTT*

Raio Boss    1

*Simon would hear the radio messages and speak into the radio afterwards*

Hello there. Jason? I heard of no US troops around here but my friend was a Marine. Are you in Zelenogorsk? Over.

*pockets the radio into his tactical vest, awaiting response*