Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  
Baader6666

The problem with great people leaving this Server...

Baader6666    1

Ok guys, after only two weeks of being on DayZRP I am so sad to say that I've missed all the fun. Given the fact that I am not new to RP and DayZ, I was expecting by the really long application and the waiting that this Server will be IT ! And booy I was wrong... ::( 

First thing that was very disappointing for me was the fact that none of the groups (maybe some small part of them) that are marked on the DayZRP Map are non-existing. When I asked why..some of the guys told me that they just left because of so many bad RP encounters and other rule braking things...but still that did not convinced me enough so I guess I had to experience it by myslef.

After three days of playing I bumped on some group of 15 ppl that got mad because of the fact that I did not wanted to join them, so made my playing on the Server to be a true nightmare, besides bad RP which I did not wanted to report (cause I came here to play not filling reports), one of them promised me (while on RP) that if me and my "foreign accent" (he had an IRISH accent though :)) dont leave from the S. they will take care of that.  And booy they were right...day after their promise they took care of that by filling false report that I implemented a RDM while the situation was so much different..(three guys that were familiar with the situation surrounded me and started cursing, pointing middle fingers at me, pointing their guns at me and my friend for which I shot them, the first I killed was because he came up to me with his gun up telling me he has a problem with me, while the others killed my friend) and of course, later I found out that they filled a report for RDM :)) telling in the report that they were friendly, they did not raised a gun, they pointed fingers by mistake and so and so...so of course there was no way to proooove my POV so I got banned...

Yet I understand the staff they are really working hard to fix these things...but how can you fix the problem with lying in reports..the problem with bad RP and the problem with these really hateful outbursts with no reason at all what so ever among the players in DayZRP....

Has this kind of thing ever happened to you? Please give me some sort of advice...cause I really dont know what to do here...maybe I am doing something wrong...

Or maybe I just came when all the fun is over....cause from hearing and reading on the forums...all the great guys are leaving, but seeing the effort that the stuff and admins are implementing I really want to give them a chance :)

Your little rant doesn't really make sense since the report hasn't even been solved yet so you don't even know the outcome.

If someone has failed to respond to a report in 24/h they get temporary banned as a way to notify them that their POV is needed.

Don't break rules, and you wont get banned.

Also,

The server is as fun as you make it. You can decide if its fun, you can make it fun.

Melvin    84

If there was no video evidence of the report, then we can not take their word over yours. Often, the verdict would be wore vs word and nobody gets punished.

You came at an activity slump. That's why it looks like all the great guys have left. Stick on until 0.61. Let's not generalise this server over merely two weeks of roleplaying experience as it would not be very fair.

Helix    35

firstly you cant really judge things on an unsolved report,

secondly this server has unlimited RP opportunities so long as you go and look for them and contribute your own parts to the encounter.

Huh?  I don't really think you understand the community very much yet.  Like you said, you just got here, you don't know everything.  Not all the "great" people are leaving the community too.  People leave all the time for their own reasons, it just happens.

To answer your question about liars, you don't.  No one can stop liars, it's human nature to lie.  People do it all the time in this community to sneak around staff, it just happens.  Unfortunately the staff is not psychic so sometimes liars get away with breaking rules.  I don't know what situation you are talking about but there simply has to be proof that a person is lying.

I don't really see how a majority of this thread leads to "The problem with great people leaving this Server" either...

Noxious    136

These type of rants are one of the reasons why "great people are leaving the server". This my own opinion but, /closed surely

These type of rants are one of the reasons why "great people are leaving the server". This my own opinion but, /closed surely

U wight plus 1, but fr I think everyone's just tired of the bullshit in the community And that affects their willingness to get ig. When everyone's protected by the rules and the protocols it's just shit tbh.

Noxious    136

U wight plus 1, but fr I think everyone's just tired of the bullshit in the community And that affects their willingness to get ig. When everyone's protected by the rules and the protocols it's just shit tbh.

^^ +1 man, like its these rants that are going on, are only leading to people getting mad and basically just getting there post numbers up. Legit, there have been so many rant threads and can actually someone tell me what has been achieved from doing all of it. From what I gather, not a lot really. One thing that will be achieved from doing so, will make "great people" in the Staff team, actually quit Staff. Our Staff team is very unique, and we should value how lucky we actually are, there are not a lot of serious RP communities who have a committed Staff team like ours.

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

The community is not right for everyone and is difficult to change after how we wish for it to be. Sometimes you just have to accept it and play it by its rules. I have never used the DayZRP map and is not planning to. Don't base your expectations of groups from that. You have to find most things out in-game. The best thing you do is not getting used to relying on groups to provide you with good roleplay. Travel on your own and get to know your own character first.

The only way to stop bad roleplay from happening is filling up the forums with reports. I have never made one myself because I have never felt the need. But those who do when the is for sure a rule break, I admire. It cleans the server and makes the experience more enjoyable for the rest. Staff does as much research as possible in reports to make a fair verdict. If you have done nothing wrong then you shouldn't have anything to fear.

All the great people are not leaving. Many have left because of other reasons that might be private and have nothing to do with your problems. The server is still filled with great role players that I'm sure you will experience great encounters with.

Castiel    1124

Stick around, you'll get used to it and start to have more fun in no time. RP is as fun as you make it!

Baader6666    1

Your little rant doesn't really make sense since the report hasn't even been solved yet so you don't even know the outcome.

If someone has failed to respond to a report in 24/h they get temporary banned as a way to notify them that their POV is needed.

Aaamm I think you should read carefully before giving answers, the discussion is not about the report (which is solved :))) and the verdict is done and it is over), the discussion is about the problem of the people who are leaving this Server and by their approach with living instead of solving the problem. 

The discussion also opens the question about lots of people making false reports just for the sake of implementing hate instead of making it fun, creative etc... ::)

So, you did not answered my question, instead you brought some conclusion that had nothing to do with this matter and was totally wrong so, I hope you've confused me for someone else :)

Dustup    118

There's a saying along the lines of "the problem is that stupid people don't realise they are stupid".  The same type of principle applies in this community, except in a modified version; The problem with people who think they know and understand the rules but actually don't, is that they don't realise that they don't actually know and understand the rules.  I don't think that the whitelist in it's current form is difficult nor is it a long application when compared to what it used to be, and there have been many threads commenting on this.

Sometimes people find out the hard way that they don't actually understand the rules via reports, it can be the person reporting that finds out that they were the ones in the wrong or the person being reported.  And sometimes, people know how reports work and can lie to save themselves if there is no video because it will likely end up in a word vs word result.  Having said that there are many reports where someone has come forward and said "it was me, I am in the wrong, I am sorry and will take whatever punishment staff deem appropriate."

Now I don't know anything about your case, but reports happen all the time, and you are bound to occasionally have things happen to you which are against the rules, but those few rule breaks shouldn't discourage people from continuing to play as the majority of RP on the server doesn't involve these things.  You will eventually learn which areas have a higher risk of rule breaks compared to other areas, which should help.

If you are the one hit with a ban, learn from it, learn what you did wrong, use the resources available to you (guides, questions thread, TS help desk, asking other community members for help) and try not to repeat the mistake.

I don't think people lying in a report or rule breaks in general are making people leave, people just get bored/fed up with the current patch, have RL stuff, get bored of RP here, etc etc.  There are many reasons and you will find that activity tends to pick up again when a new patch is released.  There are still many great RPers playing on the servers, you just need to find them, and sometimes this depends on timezones.  If you are really wanting to meet people from a particular group, try and contact them OOC or IC using the radio forums to try and arrange a meet up (just make sure you have IC info about them and are not metagaming if you use the radio forums).  Many people will be happy to arrange a meet up, even if it is something as simple as letting you know OOC what area they will be in so you can "stumble across them."

Baader6666    1

Also,

The server is as fun as you make it. You can decide if its fun, you can make it fun.

Yes, the problem is I did not brake any rules (I was initiated, but that wasnt mentioned on the report which was automatically false), and the problem is it was too late and there was no way to prove it ::)

There's a saying along the lines of "the problem is that stupid people don't realise they are stupid".  The same type of principle applies in this community, except in a modified version; The problem with people who think they know and understand the rules but actually don't, is that they don't realise that they don't actually know and understand the rules.  I don't think that the whitelist in it's current form is difficult nor is it a long application when compared to what it used to be, and there have been many threads commenting on this.

Sometimes people find out the hard way that they don't actually understand the rules via reports, it can be the person reporting that finds out that they were the ones in the wrong or the person being reported.  And sometimes, people know how reports work and can lie to save themselves if there is no video because it will likely end up in a word vs word result.  Having said that there are many reports where someone has come forward and said "it was me, I am in the wrong, I am sorry and will take whatever punishment staff deem appropriate."

Now I don't know anything about your case, but reports happen all the time, and you are bound to occasionally have things happen to you which are against the rules, but those few rule breaks shouldn't discourage people from continuing to play as the majority of RP on the server doesn't involve these things.  You will eventually learn which areas have a higher risk of rule breaks compared to other areas, which should help.

If you are the one hit with a ban, learn from it, learn what you did wrong, use the resources available to you (guides, questions thread, TS help desk, asking other community members for help) and try not to repeat the mistake.

I don't think people lying in a report or rule breaks in general are making people leave, people just get bored/fed up with the current patch, have RL stuff, get bored of RP here, etc etc.  There are many reasons and you will find that activity tends to pick up again when a new patch is released.  There are still many great RPers playing on the servers, you just need to find them, and sometimes this depends on timezones.  If you are really wanting to meet people from a particular group, try and contact them OOC or IC using the radio forums to try and arrange a meet up (just make sure you have IC info about them and are not metagaming if you use the radio forums).  Many people will be happy to arrange a meet up, even if it is something as simple as letting you know OOC what area they will be in so you can "stumble across them."

Thats a great way to put it..I totally agree with everything you said there...

Guys, I have to admit it...you just convinced me that this Server still has great people in it. Regarding the subject - me myself was in a little bit doubt that not all can be that bad and that everything that happens to us, we bring it to ourselves most of the time. This is why I started this discussion so I could make my own conclusion and to better understand the way people are thinking in this Server and have to admit it I am grateful and happy regarding your answers (most of your answers) cause I could see that there are lot of people who thinks the same way that I do :)

Just want to ask you one more question cause no one answered me that :

Have you encountered some initiation with really bad RP where they are cursing at you, your accent..to put it simple = they just talk stuff that dont have anything to do with your character etc...and doing everything to frustrate your game-play just because they dont have imagination and their RP is bored. I mean I really dont want to waste my time in filling reports ALL the time...cause I want to be left alone and just be in my character and play the game (I was killing zombies and planting veggies so I can wait people on the streets and give the food before I bumped into those idiots and got banned :)))) but as one of the members above said - I should learn from my mistakes, but I will never implement Bad RP or fill reports everyday when I see that someone doesnt play good :) Its not my thing tbh.. :) So, would you give me some advice how can I avoid this kind of stuff in the future while playing? :)

P.S. For all of you "bored" out there - TO be honest - there is no such thing as "BORED RP" that just means you dont have enough imagination and creativity and you just dont have the ability to enter in your own story and your own character. Just like Sophie (the member that added her comment in the above section) said "you need to learn more about your character" which is a thing that a good RP gamer will say.

Jack the Ripper    249

-snip-

Pretty much this, +1. Too much bullshit going around, and not enough people taking RP seriously, acting IC as if they KNOW the rules protect them. Hell, it's the reason I'm so inactive these days.

Aaamm I think you should read carefully before giving answers, the discussion is not about the report (which is solved :))) and the verdict is done and it is over), the discussion is about the problem of the people who are leaving this Server and by their approach with living instead of solving the problem. 

The discussion also opens the question about lots of people making false reports just for the sake of implementing hate instead of making it fun, creative etc... ::)

So, you did not answered my question, instead you brought some conclusion that had nothing to do with this matter and was totally wrong so, I hope you've confused me for someone else :)

My mistake, I missed the first report which got you banned. In this thread you do bring up the report as one of the reasons for your rant since you didn't agree with the verdict and report, so I'm commenting on that. You stated in that report "When that guy who showed the middle finger at me, told me he has a problem with me, he came close to me with his gun out and I really felt intimidated and shot him." which is RDM according to our current rules. So you didn't get banned because someone lied. You got banned because of your POV. If staff have contradictory statements from 2 parties without any solid evidence they wouldn't in most cases verdict someone guilty. If they have evidence that someone was lying then they will get banned for it. But they can't ban someone without evidence obviously. How do we stop people from lying? Well without evidence we can't is the short answer. We can only hope that the rules we have set for lying in an report is enough for people to not do it since they will be punished for it.

In that report you confessed that you shot him without proper KOS rights and therefor got banned for it. It wasn't a false report since you actually broke a rule.

Their story regarding the reason for you shooting didn't differ all that much from yours. They state that they did give you the middle finger and said that they didn't like you. The biggest difference is that you said that they walked towards you with their weapons out and they said that you walked up to them. That doesn't really affect the verdict since you didn't have KOS rights either way.

So from what I've gathered from this thread is that you have encountered badrp and ain't happy. Well that's just how it is. That's why we have a report section so we can help people understand when they've done wrong. There's plenty of great roleplayers on this server and it seems that you've just had bad luck or that the RP just isn't what you were looking for. If you stay and play a bit longer you might find what you are looking for or maybe not. If you don't then you at least tried and can leave this community.

Most people that leave do it because they have been here a long time. Everyone can get tired of doing the same thing over and over. Some people leave because they might not agree with something or don't have time. I don't think that the majority leave because of badrp or reports. They probably leave because the RP they encounter has gotten stale for them after a while.

You wont always get amazing RP, that's just how it is. But when you do, the RP this community has to offer is among the best you can get. There's a reason why people play here. You just need to find it.

Apologizes if I have misunderstood something but I find your grammar a bit confusing at times.

Nihoolious    1107

You've only been here two weeks. You ain't seen nothing yet. 

Yes people leave, that happens. But there are still plenty of people left here who are here to have fun. You may have had a shitty start buts its never too late to bounce back.

I say give it another shot, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Dustup    118

Thats a great way to put it..I totally agree with everything you said there...

Guys, I have to admit it...you just convinced me that this Server still has great people in it. Regarding the subject - me myself was in a little bit doubt that not all can be that bad and that everything that happens to us, we bring it to ourselves most of the time. This is why I started this discussion so I could make my own conclusion and to better understand the way people are thinking in this Server and have to admit it I am grateful and happy regarding your answers (most of your answers) cause I could see that there are lot of people who thinks the same way that I do :)

Just want to ask you one more question cause no one answered me that :

Have you encountered some initiation with really bad RP where they are cursing at you, your accent..to put it simple = they just talk stuff that dont have anything to do with your character etc...and doing everything to frustrate your game-play just because they dont have imagination and their RP is bored. I mean I really dont want to waste my time in filling reports ALL the time...cause I want to be left alone and just be in my character and play the game (I was killing zombies and planting veggies so I can wait people on the streets and give the food before I bumped into those idiots and got banned :)))) but as one of the members above said - I should learn from my mistakes, but I will never implement Bad RP or fill reports everyday when I see that someone doesnt play good :) Its not my thing tbh.. :) So, would you give me some advice how can I avoid this kind of stuff in the future while playing? :)

P.S. For all of you "bored" out there -  TO be honest - there is no such thing as "BORED RP" that just means you dont have enough imagination and creativity and you just dont have the ability to enter in your own story and your own character. Just like Sophie (the member that added her comment in the above section) said "you need to learn more about your character" which is a thing that a good RP gamer will say.

If you are talking about "initiations", I have seen really really terrible "bandits" who sit there in silence rummaging through gear while ignoring all attempts to RP from the hostage, I have seen "bandits" whose RP consists of swearing at the hostage and telling them to "shut the fuck up" because they have no idea what they are doing and haven't really thought the situation through or thought about what they wanted to get out of the situation RP wise, and variations of those two examples.  BUT,  I have also seen some amazing bandits on this server, who unfortunately get lumped in with the Terribly Bad Bandits ("Terribands"?) just because they play a bandit.  Honestly, I don't think the awesome ones get the credit they deserve and often get shit for simply being a bandit and can also end up being falsely reported because some people hate to lose gear (that's not to say that there aren't bandits out there that deserve every report that comes their way).

Some people will give you shit over an accent for many reasons including because the accent may not make sense.  Let's say you claim to have been born and bred in Cherno but have an Australian accent, someone may call you out on this, and rightfully so as it may be relevant to your background story and you may be able to explain it.  Other times there is really no need for it. For example, I have seen people type "//you would hear a _______ accent" or "*speaks with a _______ accent" when they aren't too confident in trying out an accent, and I see no problem with this.  Other times the people giving you shit may have good IC reasons to do so, for example, they may hate people who are not of the same race/ethnicity.

In terms of the cursing part, there was a good discussion on that HERE.  It's a good read and not too long.

Being robbed, taken hostage or just experiencing hostile RP is something you can never entirely get away from, no matter where you are on the map (although some areas are worse than others) so just accept that it will happen and no matter what you get from other people, always try and make an effort to RP with them.  You haven't been here long so I can promise you that you will see a lot more.  I shamelessly recommend THIS GUIDE to help get you some basic knowledge of what to do if you are initiated on.  If you want to sit on the side of the road growing vegetables to hand out to people, then go for it, just don't expect everyone to be super nice to you.  It's supposed to be an apocalypse and many people are distrustful of strangers and/or opportunists.  Remember, everyone who you don't know well is a potential threat, no matter how nice they are being to you, and the only way you will find out is to RP with them, maybe it goes well and you make some friends, maybe your character gets a life lessen in not being so trustful.  That's the beauty of RP on this server, you never really know what little adventure you might just have.  You will eventually learn areas where you are more likely to be initiated on, but it is best to find this out IG (although I will say that "the Triangle" is generally taken to be the worst place for this).

If you have a problem with someones RP, you can always try and give them some feedback via a PM or in TS if you can track them down, you don't always have to report them.  Just be mature about it and accept the fact that not everyone will listen to you or even bother to talk to you in the first place.  You should also be open to feedback from them.  Don't take what happens IC personally, some people are real assholes IC with good reason, but really nice in person when you talk to them OOC.  If you take what happens IC OOC, you will just end up a bitter, salty angry and frustrated person.

Also,

Yes, the problem is I did not brake any rules (I was initiated, but that wasnt mentioned on the report which was automatically false), and the problem is it was too late and there was no way to prove it ::)

snip

To you my friend, I recommend a recording software!

Pinkerton Wrote:

I've seen one thing, weather this be off topic or not. I've seen that certain people will go through anything to get PvP, or even to get at a certain group or character for said PvP. Groups being made and archived just to go after one certain person is something that has been troubling me and pushing me to think that these groups are exactly what everyone thinks they are, throwaways. You can't polish a turd, plain and simple. One group after the other with the idea of demolishing everybody with countrywide domination, no matter how many groups you have to burn through with all of the same members and all of the same allies OOC, no matter if your IC goals match or not, just so you have numbers, right?

This is probably why alot of veterans have been dropping or being less active. The rp is washed and boring. If youre actually talking about why people are leaving tho

Para    180

-sniperino-

Yet I understand the staff they are really working hard to fix these things...but how can you fix the problem with lying in reports..the problem with bad RP...

-snipe-

I know the feel of this when you know what actually happened but because you can't quite prove it you have a problem with them lying. Honestly it sucks, I get that. But unfortunately to put it simply there is fuck all we can do about it. If they lie, make sure to catch em' next time is the best advice i can give.

But in terms of good rpers leaving, this is sort of true. I do see what she means. A lot of older players have been dropping out (at least ones that I know) and sometimes the reason is due to abysmal rp provided. It really kills your passion.

Edit: Though in your case what dad said. If you shot him because you felt intimidated then that's still a rule break.

Tony    613

Every single one of you had to have been new once. You would have made mistakes. Unfortunately mistakes in a game like DayZ means shitting all over someone else's day. Unlike other roleplay platforms, DayZ hands you a loaded gun that can magically teleport someone to the coast in nothing but a shirt and pants. And when you take this magic teleportation ride, you want to feel like you've just been through a ride. Whatever sent you there should be an exhilarating rush which you'll remember forever because it was just that damn awesome.... but instead you got sent there by the 'drop weps, ten secs' guy. Fuck that guy, we all hate him.

Now there are solutions to this. We tell them don't play a bandit until you're more experienced. They decide fuck that and go be a bandit, because.... fuck it, they're rebel.

We tell them to be careful with your trigger finger, analyse the situation before acting and try to be rational.Instead they empty a drum mag into a settlement of Orphan's because they felt 'scared'. But it gets better, because in the report about this massacre they then proceed to blame the Orphans for fucking starting it.

People need to be given room to learn and develop as roleplayers, but at the same time when their learning experience means dropping a cluster fuck of grenades into a group of RP'ers then chances are you need to be punished as part of that learning experience.

It's like taking driving lessons, only there is no driving instructor to save your ass from running down those school kids. So TREAD LIGHTLY.

Baader6666    1

Every single one of you had to have been new once. You would have made mistakes. Unfortunately mistakes in a game like DayZ means shitting all over someone else's day. Unlike other roleplay platforms, DayZ hands you a loaded gun that can magically teleport someone to the coast in nothing but a shirt and pants. And when you take this magic teleportation ride, you want to feel like you've just been through a ride. Whatever sent you there should be an exhilarating rush which you'll remember forever because it was just that damn awesome.... but instead you got sent there by the 'drop weps, ten secs' guy. Fuck that guy, we all hate him.

Now there are solutions to this. We tell them don't play a bandit until you're more experienced. They decide fuck that and go be a bandit, because.... fuck it, they're rebel.

We tell them to be careful with your trigger finger, analyse the situation before acting and try to be rational.Instead they empty a drum mag into a settlement of Orphan's because they felt 'scared'. But it gets better, because in the report about this massacre they then proceed to blame the Orphans for fucking starting it.

People need to be given room to learn and develop as roleplayers, but at the same time when their learning experience means dropping a cluster fuck of grenades into a group of RP'ers then chances are you need to be punished as part of that learning experience.

It's like taking driving lessons, only there is no driving instructor to save your ass from running down those school kids. So TREAD LIGHTLY.

Wooow..you are so damn right there Tony...I always thought that being a bandit is being the most experienced RP player over there, so I had a little bit respect for these people before I bumped on the wrong crowd.. after all... holding you hostage, taking care of you and at the same time robbing you it really is a good RP ::)

Most of them think that being bandit is killing with no reason at all or initiating fight when they see that you are one they are 15 of them ::) not to mention that they dont mind the RP at all ::D

So, for all of you "rebels" out there...learn how to play than be bandits...

BTW...you are expressing tremendously good out there...keep up the good work with your writing and playing of course ;)

To you my friend, I recommend a recording software!

Hahahaha...just doing that in this moment ! Thank you for the advice :D