Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:47

Sign in to follow this  

Directive 64 [Open]

Jeremiah, finishing what he thought was his last expedition into Chernarus, picks up the radio and broadcasts to the crew that remained on the ICGV Thule. He beamed with excitement - thinking that, with all that has been accomplished in the past three weeks, that in a few days he'd be on his way home.

"This is Jeremiah Neumann of the Black Fox Expeditionary Force, broadcasting to the remaining crew on the ICGV Thule. As far as I know Lance has transferred the documents entitled "SOF-004" as well as dozens of miscellaneous documents and hard drives that we have collected from high priority areas. We've cleared ground zero - nothing of importance.

Primary mission directive complete, this place is a shithole, we've lost the majority of our medical staff, we're ready to get outta here. We're waiting for your go to pack up Camp Indigo and return to the landing zone. Over."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, a shiver of nervousness speeding down his spine. Finally, he was going to go home.

An unidentifiable voice, one of the crew members of the ICGV Thule, transmits over the frequency.

"Thule to Jeremiah, Camp Indigo- is it relatively safe? And what is the status of the region in terms of safety? Over."

The transmission cuts in anticipation of a reply.

Jeremiah, a bit shocked by the question, transmits once more.

"Yes, the area in and around Camp Indigo is relatively safe, we've been basing our research out of the area so we made sure of it. The region is, of course, destabilized, but it should be easy to section off a portion and stabilize an area, especially if this environment was urban. Most of the urban areas seem more filled with dead ones than bandits. Of what importance is this? Over."

The transmission ends and the shiver goes down Jeremiah's spine once more. What more do they want out of the team?

The unidentified voice transmits once more.

"Copy that, Jeremiah - wait one."

The transmission continues for a moment, but only static. Then:

"Thule to Jeremiah, new directive from HQ: you are to remain in the region until we can bring in reinforcements and replacement medical staff. Your new objective consists of keeping Camp Indigo and the surrounding area safe, creating a habitable safe zone, until the return of the Thule. How copy? Over."

The transmission ends.

It was as if the atmosphere had suddenly broke apart and all of the air in the entire world was sucked into deep space: Jeremiah's lungs were suddenly empty as his eyes widened and his hands went numb and his knees nearly buckled and his soul shriveled up as he struggled to get the radio off his his belt and shakily held it up to his mouth, pressing down the PTT as his voice clearly wavered, almost as if he was struggling to hold back tears.

"W-w-w-what do you mean, "when you come back?" You aren't.. you aren't leaving us here.. fuck.. no.. no. No. No. No.... Fuck."

Jeremiah releases the PTT, whipping out a photo of his girlfriend, Lilith. Carrying his unborn child. He continues hyperventilating as he presses down the PTT again.

"No.. NO. We can get medical staff here; there are natives that can help; we recruited one yesterday. Please, just give us some more time - don't leave us here. We can't stay here. We're gonna fucking die out here. You don't need to bring more of anyone.

YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!"

Jeremiah drops the radio and slides to the ground, sobbing.

*Mikey holds down the PTT, shocked from the news he had just heard, his face turns to anger and he shouts down the radio*

"I... I... I didn't sign up for this shit! I was told that when we complete the main objective that we will be shipped home! 

You bunch of fucking liars, shipping out your convicts to do your dirty work and throwing Hollow promises our way, arseholes the lot of you!

I bet your gonna sail your way back over to Iceland and enjoy the rest of your sorry lives! 

You're not gonna return are you, gonna leave us here to die and what of all the things we were promised back home!

Just going to disregard them? People out here have their families riding on this mission,

So you best be back Thule, soon, if not, I will find a way back, I will make the lot of you fucking pay."

*Mikey drops his radio and kicks open a house door in rage, he walks inside and smashes apart furniture, shouting and screaming as he does so, he throws a chair through a window and leans against the house's wall, falling down it and sitting curled up, seething with rage*

*Arthur is packing away the last of his items from his tent when he hears the transmission from Jeremiah. As the transmission ends, a could shudder runs down his spine and his stomach cramps up. Nervous, He presses the PTT.*

"Stranded... It can't be..."

*He waits a few seconds before replying. Rage filling his body.*

"THOSE BASTARDS!"

*Arthur breaks into a rage, grabbing the sledgehammer from off his back and plunging it into any object he can find. As the anger drains from his body slowly, he collapses to the floor exhausted.*

"This wasn't how it was supposed to go. Why would they do this? Was this all a joke to them?"

*Arthur slowly releases the PTT, tears in his eyes. He pulls out a tattered picture of Abby. He lays the photo on the ground before whispering to himself "Im sorry... I failed"*

ECat118    0

*Jon hears the quivering voice of Jeremiah and picks up the radio, chuckling a bit.*

"You know what wasn't part of the deal? Keeping you sorry shits alive. Maybe if you didn't steal from a fucking food truck back home then you wouldn't be this far up shit's creek. Ungrateful fucking Americans. Be glad you aren't at the bottom of the sea right now, choking on seawater. That was the alternative, remember? Stick to the fucking plan. You know what happens to Lilith if you don't."

*He releases the PTT and prepares to sail*

-snip-

*Mikey holds down the PTT while staring out to sea*

"He may have stolen from a food truck, but a least he ain't a liar, not like your sorry ass... 

You lied to him... he trusted you as a friend, you betrayed a good man Jon, for no real reason

So what if he stole from a food truck one time, people get hungry, its natural for them to look for more food

Doesn't make him a bad guy and...

How do you live with yourself, knowing you've sentenced a group of people to death? 

You feel good? Powerful? You should feel like a fucking disgrace

and what if J dies out here? What about Lilith then, you'll give someone your "Word" she is safe

Cause your word will hold so much credibility won't it

Piece of shit

If I ever see you again Jon, you're going to be the one choking on sea water"

*Mikey releases the PTT, choosing not to say anymore, just in case he goes way to over the top, he takes another quick look out towards the coast, before continuing on his walk*

Lost    35

Jack listens to the men with a small frown on his face before pressing the PTT, his voice quieter than the others.

"I-if it helps at all I could help with the whole medical staff situation if you all decide to stay around. I was trained the basics and little more by L.I.F.E before we sorta split off... I guess."

He would stop to clear his throat.

"I'll keep my radio on this frequency and wait for a response if you decide to take up on my offer. Is that the right saying? Whatever, if you don't hear from me I'll be on the old L.I.F.E frequency."

He would release the PTT and continue wandering through the woods.

Michael would rub his temples with his fingertips, listening to all of this unfold before speaking in a defeated tone.

"Yeah, we stick to the plan. That's all we've got at this point. We'll get home, one way or another."

He would pause, before replying to the doctor.

"Doctor man, what's your name and what's the best method of getting to you? I have a feeling we'll be needing someone with medical training shortly."

Michael would stop transmitting, putting his face in his hands.

-snip-

*Mikey tries to pull himself together and clears his throat to reply properly*

"We could definitely need your help, always glad to accept a trained professional

The camp is at co-ordinates zero-five-six, one-two seven, see you there

Contact me on this frequency if you have any more queries

and the names Mikey by the way"

*Mikey tucks his radio away and continues on*

Lost    35

Jack would clear his throat again, pressing the PTT.

"Just to be clear, sir, I ain't no doctor. Secondly, in terms of gettng to me, I can stick to this frequency, but if you mean in terms of face-to-face contact I'm sorta stuck in some woods, but I should be out by next sunset I'd think. I hope this clears anything up, sir."

He would stop for a moment, listening to Mikeys transmission.

"Nice to meet ya, bud, names Jack. About those co-ordinates... I have no clue what they mean, I am no army guy, just a kid. If you could dumb that down for me as my colleagues can tell you, I'm absolutely garbage at finding my my hence why I'm stuck in these woods, heh."

He would release the PTT before picking a direction to head in.

The Drunken Scotsman    17

*Hearing the chatter coming in John decides to chime in*

"I am sorry to be rude gents but from what i heard you guys are in need of medical staff my name is John Wilkinson i have a doctorate in hematology and combat medical training which i gained while in the British military. i would like to respectfully submit my candidacy"

"As he finishes you can hear him take a drag from a cigarette and then the radio falls silent*

*Mikey picks up his radio, relieved that some people are offering them help*

"okay, Jack and... uh... John, if the co-ordinates mean nothing, head down to Chapevsk, North West of Chernogorsk

we'll get you outfitted to be with us, get you on our frequency, give you some supplies, a new weapon if needed

Followed by a Briefing.... A... uh... refined briefing since those cocks from Iceland have left us here

Hope to see you soon"

*Mikey places the radio back into his bag, gets up onto his feet and begins to move down to Chapevsk*

Melvin    84

A Frenchwoman's heavily accented voice goes over the frequency.

"Your ride just packed up and left. Welcome to my house now, monseiurs. I'll be in touch once again, Jeremiah and I do wish you all the safety in the world now that the sharks here know your lifeboat is sailing back to Iceland. "

I'll look forward to our next chat.

Michael would stood up to look out of the dusty apartment's broken window  as he spoke into the handheld radio.

"Let's keep our eyes on the prize, gentlemen. We'll get home one way or another, just keep your head up. Our lost will get back to us and I'm gonna make damn sure we don't lose anyone else.

If we're lucky, maybe the boat'll come back. We only sent back a sliver of information, they'll want more. The next expedition that comes, we take their boat back or some shit.

I look forward to meeting you, Jack and John. It should help to have someone around who also has a bit of military discipline."

He let his arm hang loosely by his side before he released the PTT key and walked over the broken glass to the door.

Layman96    1

*Matthew overhears the conversation while in his workshop. He places another plate of copper onto the stove, removes his safety goggles, and picks up his radio to respond.*

[align=left]"Ahem..uh...sounds like you gentlemen are lookin' to build a safe zone?  My name is Matthew Pratt and I am a Restabilization Trainer with the USFDAO. I specialize in the establishment of safe zones and the teaching of management of said safe zones. Sustainability and longevity through food, water, power, safety etcetera. If you gentlemen can provide basic necessities and safety, just give me your location and I can be en route immediately."

*Matthew waits a moment before putting his goggles back on and preparing another plate of copper.*

-snip-

Michael would speak as he descended the stairwell, occasionally glancing at the decrepit apartments as he went.

"Safe Zone is the magical phrase that'll have all the people who want to take our lives and belongings on us immediately. Perhaps we could discuss this kind of thing in person. If you want to help, head down to Chernogorsk and hit this frequency up again."

He'd release the PTT before stepping out onto the sidewalk at the bottom of the building.

Lost    35

Jack would look up at the towering buildings before checking his map and pressing his PTT.

"I think I've made it, not quite sure, though, there was another little place just like this before."

He would stop and look behind him, questioning his own judgement.

"I can see that huge city and a crashed plane. I can meet someone there if you'd like, gimme a shout on here when you're ready."

He would release the PTT sitting against an island in a bar.

HE grabs his radio, the panick in his voice can be heard clearly. he stands on the top of the tall appartments he rested on

*what, th..th..the boat its g.g.gone. but, but they cant just leave us behind. *heavily breathing can be heard* i..i.. have family up there i need to get back, i cant stay down here for fucking ever. ohhh jesus fucking christ, they abandoned us. were gonna be stuck down here.*heavy breathing* this is so bad, its sooooo bad, its worse than my time when i was in afghanistan,iraq and syria as a photographer all toghether, i knew i could get to my fucking home. now jesus i dont want to die ohhhh fuck.

he drops the radio motionless, the PTT is stuck and a high sound can be heard as it falls to the ground before going to statick

swilly    13

*Alvarez picks up his radio, with a leave grin on his face, he begins to speak*

Oh senors, what's this I hear? You are stranded? No, that is just too bad. We will get to spend a little more time together though, which I will definitely enjoy.

*He releases the PTT as he eyes a camp from the top of a large apartment building, he scopes in with his mosin, but does not pull the trigger, as he decides it is not the time*