Server time: 2017-10-19, 22:00
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Keira

November 2016 Community Meeting Agenda

Keira    1451

447x129http://www.dayzrp.com/images/newlogo.png[/img]

Community Meeting

Here you will find the code to fill out for the topics you wish to discuss at the meeting. Please submit them on this thread

[color=#ff3333][b]Proposed Topic:[/b][/color]

[color=#ff3333][b]Why do you think this should be discussed?:[/b][/color]

[color=#ff3333][b]What outcome would you like to see:[/b][/color]

Cid    333

Proposed Topic: Lore Wipe

Why do you think this should be discussed?: It has been admitted multiple times that the current state of RP is stale. Some people think that it can be revitalized but others feel like the best course of action would be to wipe the lore and start fresh. Maybe it's a good time to discuss it, with .61 coming up and everything.

What outcome would you like to see: Selfish answer is a Lore wipe, but what I also want to see is Staff/Loremaster opinion on whether or not the Lore should be wiped as well as what things the Loremasters could do to make this next Lore wipe (whenever it comes) much more interesting. Also it would be nice to see the community opinion as well.

Leon_Idas    0

Proposed Topic: Rules about large camps (Hope, 101, etc.)

Why do you think this should be discussed?: I feel alot of community members have crossed wires when it comes to this and to talk about it in a civil manner with staff there would help settle the waters.

What outcome would you like to see: See something similar to how settlements were done on mod, with CR's, and have the group put thread up with the camps backstory.

Cole    10

Proposed Topic:   DayZRP's Ability to moderate free speech on platforms not affiliated with DayZRP.

Why do you think this should be discussed:   I feel that some past events have shown us the communities stance on this, and that it should be spoken about in a more public manner between staff and the community together.

What outcome would you like to see:   I'd like to see the community and staff team reach a point at which we can agree on the censorship of the community outside of DayZRP.

Jango    47

Proposed Topic: More groups with better story and roleplay driven motives.

Why do you think this should be discussed?: The game has been plagued by people and/or groups who just simply claim a patch of land or area and nothing beneficial to roleplay ever comes from this.

What outcome would you like to see: Possibly new requirements and/or better roleplay in game rather than the usual highway rob , kill and pillage.

Diamond    0

Proposed Topic: OOC friendships affecting in game relattions and OOC drama

Why do you think this should be discussed?: OOC friendships has always been a issue in rp and people will band together and or be friendly with eachother when it makes no sense at all IC.Or people will hunt people in character because they have beef ooc.

What outcome would you like to see: Just people in general being more about roleplay and not scripted robbery and being friends with people who make no sense in character.

Wumby    0

Proposed Topic: Meme Thread

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Its going to get brought up one way or another, might as well throw it out there now. 

What outcome would you like to see: Maybe the meme thread back. maybe not. 

The Traveler    137

Proposed Topic: The idea of Lore Meetings between the LM's and several (if not majority) of "figureheads" within the community every month to come up with cool ideas these individuals can then go away and work on.... 

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Because as great as the LM's have and can be, it is ultimatly up to the players to make good lore and events up. And even the most passionate of people need to bounce ideas off other equally minded players, so why not have a big friendly idea bouncing session every month or so?  

What outcome would you like to see: Honestly? More diverse content! And what brings out diversity than inspiration from sharing your ideas with other people with their own ideas to share!  

Wumby    0

Proposed Topic:  http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Group-and-LoreMaster-changes THIS

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Ill be 100% honest and straight up, this idea is spiraling down the wrong road. All this does is,

1. Let anyone and everyone have an "official group"

2. Makes working hard and putting alot of effort into a group worthless. 

3. Basically make the group section the new meme thread. 

4. Makes community members feel like "they're involved"

What outcome would you like to see: This idea needs to be re worked completely. 

Cory    0

Proposed Topic: Safe Space

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Recently this community, a "mature" gaming community has really transitioned into a "safe space" environment. People are in fear that no matter what they say or do either on the forums or in-game there's a chance they will get points. I got perm banned for talking in a private chat among st a group of friends, I've seen people get warned for roasting someone in-game, I've been given points for "baiting" and "rule-play" when a group initiated on me and I killed them. It's pretty absurd.

What outcome would you like to see: The community stop this transition and return to how it used to be in 2014 and 2015 when you didn't have to be scared. The rules for IC gameplay are basically transitioning to support and suggest campfireRP, where's the fear factor going? The rules for OOC basically suggest that you can't speak your mind, even in a private environment, without the chances of being banned.

Proposed Topic: Biased System

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Recently, mainly in threads, people have been getting points for "unnecessary posts". In a certain thread, a few people were given points for saying a few words or posting pictures/GIFs, yet a staff member posted a "+1" and didn't get warned. That's completely biased and absurd. I believe after the appeals were done and the point was brought up on the biased points given out, Rolle stated that "+1" comments are allowed. In no way shape or form are "+1" posts "necessary". If you're going to give points to someone because they posted a 1 or 2 words or because they posted a picture/GIF then you should warn someone for saying "+1". This is just my example, I believe there are more biased things happening and occurring as well.

What outcome would you like to see: The biased things need to stop.

Keira    1451

Proposed Topic: False Reports

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Thread is here

What outcome would you like to see: Clear answer about when these verdicts will be given and how they are assessed

Proposed Topic: Consistency with Forum Etiquette and their punishments

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Thread is here

What outcome would you like to see: Staff punishments versus community punishments and their consistency. Rule breaks judged fairly and punished accordingly. Also staff moderation of the forums - how much leniency and where does this occur? Strict or liberal? Consistency is needed here as well.

Proposed Topic: Mentor Program & Walk a Mile program

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Thread is here and here

What outcome would you like to see: Implementation of these two programs and helping newcomers and current community members

Proposed Topic: Community Meetings - monthly, biweekly, possibly add Twitch Q&A's

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Keeps the community together and on the same page, allows for community wide discussions in TS and other various media if using Twitch. Keeps staff and community connected and involved with one another and allows transparency.

What outcome would you like to see: Implementation and organization of these events to better establish a relationship between staff and the community as a whole

Wumby    0

Proposed Topic:  Staff needs to ask more questions when dealing with reports

Why do you think this should be discussed?: When staff doesnt ask questions, they do not get the whole side of the story. There may be evidence that is not put forth, or details of the report that are not said, because the staff did not ask for it. 

What outcome would you like to see: I would like to see staff asking more questions in reports, too many people are holding the L on reports because staff did not have all the facts. 

Mathematics    0

Proposed Topic: Moving away from DayZ Standalone

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Due to the slow progress and lack of proper support the game has, as obvious by the wait time between each update and the fact the game has been in Alpha for so long, I feel like we should move on to a new(or old) medium, such as ARMA 3 or a variety of other survival-oriented games with steady support.

What outcome would you like to see: A marginalization of Standalone in favor of expanding the community further out to other games and genres, if possible.

------------------------

Proposed Topic: Mentions of permabanned players

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Currently, staff go about enforcing the 'no mention' policy in an imbalanced way. For some members, they're allowed to mention permabanned players as 'jokes' or in passing. In other cases, you can be having a serious discussion only to mention what a permabanned player did once, whether it was something that player did that was beneficial or not to the community before the ban, and immediately net warning points because someone in staff feels you're 'promoting' a permabanned player. It needs to stop.

What outcome would you like to see:  Have the ability to reference permabanned players, with the only restriction being 'memorial' threads. It makes no sense to make it seem like the good things people have done go away when they get perm'd.

Proposed Topic: Community divided

Why do you think this should be discussed?: It's no secret that as a community we are completely split on play styles at the moment. What is power gaming, what isn't power gaming. Consent vs Non Consent. Realism vs Character Longevity. We are not just divided but in a lot of cases, we are in fact at each others throats. Regardless of play styles we are all roleplayers and in such a subject when it comes to what is the better of all these options, I feel it should either come down to majority vote or alternatively different server rules. We do after all have 2. Whilst I realise this in no way is ideal, as it stands right now, it's not ideal either. 

What outcome would you like to see: A community on one track forward, instead of internal opposition.

Saints    93

Proposed Topic: Events

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Because we have not had an official event for a long time , and i feel like we should have more and have different a lore between each of them. As i felt like the events made every thing less boring and still had good roleplay experiences at the same time. 

What outcome would you like to see: More events that have good lore for each , with fun objectives and interesting scenarios . I would also like them to be spread out between the updates .( basically giving each update their own events and lore , for example in the 0.61 update a faction could be keeping wolves for breading for 2 years and then they get released or something like that) 

( Sorry if grammar is bad , i'm ill and tired)

Proposed Topic: Revert to the old whitelist system, Open questions instead of the system that is implemented right now.

Why do you think this should be discussed?: Many role players are PROVEN to avoid DayZRP because of how 'silly' the whitelist system looks, The true roleplayer would go a head and put some effort in it, like all of us the old members did, it would also minimize the amount of rule breakers.

What outcome would you like to see: I would like to see the old whitelist system to be brought back, or at least something more similar that would actually show that this isn't a test or something, this is an actual whitelist that you need and want to put effort in.

Bizbok    67

Proposed Topic: Community

Why do you think this should be discussed?: I have been a part of this community for just over a month and I have heard or read many a discussion about ways to 'fix' the community. Everyone has ideas about what could make it better and bring people back who have grown bored or left.

I feel it's quite simple, the community is disconnected. There is no lore/events that connect the many groups together. Everyone has their own story and some people refuse to accept, involve or see someone elses story as relevant to their own. Maybe this is a problem with the lore, but I believe it's much more than that. Certain individuals don't want to roleplay with other individuals, they like to roleplay with 'friends' and have no reason IC to connect with others.

What outcome would you like to see: I think that it is possible to bring the majority of the community together. This is what I want. We need co-operation and connection between individuals/groups. The server and people who play in the server will benefit from communication and co-ordination. THIS is what we need.

Lil_Beefy    0

Proposed Topic: Helpdesk Inactivity

Why do you think this should be discussed?: The helpdesk is empty 90% of the NA/AU timezone. I want to see this issue addressed because that issue is kind of bullshit.

What outcome would you like to see: More activity so that the community gets the help we need.

reesesaddict    28

Proposed Topic: Map

Why do you think this should be discussed?: The map is pretty unorganized. Lots of icons are there regardless of whether they are meaningful or still apply. Territories, locations, and other icons no longer apply and need to be removed.

What outcome would you like to see: Old icons removed.

Keira    1451

No more topics can be submitted. This has been up for a week. We are already pressed for time with the meeting.