Server time: 2017-10-18, 09:24
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
The Traveler

A Whisper In The Dark... (Event Series) WIP

The Traveler    137

a9e951e1c7.png

Many take the silence of South Zagoria for granted. Accepting the days of long range communication have come to an end, and the voices of the outside world are something that are only heard in old recordings...

green-mountain.jpg

However, there have been some who have tried hard to cling onto the hope of someday being able to communicate with people outside the borders of Chernarus. Many a would-be engineer and mechanic attempted to fix the radio tower at Green Mountain, and many have failed...

That is where I come in... 

My name is the Traveler, I have had many professions in my life. Cook, First Aider, Survivalist, Story Teller... But the one set of skills that matter right now are that of my skills as a mechanic, a researcher and a stubborn son of a bitch...

You see, I have had enough of the silence that now falls across this, once great land and intend to bring back the hope that so many have lost...

I have, in my travels , done much research into the matter of South Zagoria's communication grid and, after months of trying to find it I finally acquired the last piece of the puzzle, in a little town known as Zelenogorsk.

A communicative engineer lived on the town's outskirts you see, and on his corpse lay 2 things: data on most the radio towers in Chernarus, and a Manuel to the Green Mountain Radio Complex that changes everything...

Green Mountain is not a radio transceiver or receiver... it is an amplifier... 

An amplifier for the countless number of radio towers across the landscape of Chernarus that, when connected to the Green Mountain hub, will boost the the overlapping signals to allow for international communication (with whoever is still out there to listen to us).

So now I have a goal, and a list of things I need to do to achieve it:

-Gather support from the civilians to aid me in the repair of the towers

-Restore several power generating facilities around Chernarus

-Repair at least 4 of the Towers

-Make deals with local groups to have them maintain the towers after repairs are complete...

-Reconnect the towers to the Green Mountain Amplifier and re-establish long range communication.

It won't be easy but, with the right help, the right motivation, and a hella lot of good luck, perhaps maybe... just maybe... we can succeed...

OOC Info: AKA: It's baaaaaaack....

Hi guys! Traveler here! So some of you may be familiar with this concept from the times I have tried to do it before. (An endeavour that, whilst successful, was quickly cut short due to University troubles I had at the time). But here I am for another crack at it!

This is a pre-conceived, lore adding event series that ultimately will have it's ending both played out , and decided by, random members of the public player base (Groups and Non Groups alike) who want to come to these events. 

It is a WIP that will take a week or two to actually get off the ground and, for now, all I ask for is your support, a show of interest and, for anyone who wishes to, any of the following:

-Any group or significant person who wish to act as "influences" (People who will interact with the main bulk of players going to the event, acting as allies, opposition, obstacles or boons (To be decided between me and the group in question) If you want to do more than just turn up to the events, send me a PM! 

Art work by Papa Fidel

Leon_Idas    0

Gonna need alot more than juice from car batteries to fire up the ol grid, Might need a few of them engineers.

Ben Dory    0

yeah im really interested

Hope it goes well and cant wait to take part in the RP this event will bring.

Cipher    0

Yeah we here at black fox are interested, we talked to this yung fellow yesterday, seems legit.

+1

Ethereal    13

Willing to do graphics work, send me a PM with your requirements. Looks good, let's hope this goes somewhere. :)

The Traveler    137

Willing to do graphics work, send me a PM with your requirements. Looks good, let's hope this goes somewhere. :)

Can't seem to PM you bud, but would love to see some example work :)

PM me and we can go from there :D

Stagsview    624

Hey Traveler, have been reading over the event along with Lankin and want to tell you we should be contacting you soon in regards to supporting you with the event itself. We are just organizing some stuff within the LM team first. Once that is done and discussed a few things we will be pushing to help with this event if there is enough interest for it!

Feedback: I personally like the idea however both Lankin and myself have come up with some idea tweaks for it (First need to talk with the other LM's first). It could be used for a good introduction for something in the future :)

The Traveler    137

Hey Traveler, have been reading over the event along with Lankin and want to tell you we should be contacting you soon in regards to supporting you with the event itself. We are just organizing some stuff within the LM team first. Once that is done and discussed a few things we will be pushing to help with this event if there is enough interest for it!

Feedback: I personally like the idea however both Lankin and myself have come up with some idea tweaks for it (First need to talk with the other LM's first). It could be used for a good introduction for something in the future :)

Thank you LM team <3 

Looking forward to hearing from you !

Western    496

Sounds interesting, count me in

WilliAM    431

Sounds pretty cool

I like it Traveler, maybe the Rough Rider's will gain interest to see if they can contact back home in Mississippi! It'll be interestin' you got our guns and our interest!

Aeryes    127

Hope this works out, could cause some interesting stories for others to create.

Dr. Phil    2

Yeah very exciting! I believe that there is a group camping at green mountain + there is an engineer in that group ;)

I didn't want to be too specific, but definitely it's a great idea, and i'm sure there are quite some people that want to know what is happening beyond the borders of Chernarus. I have no skills to contribute, but it's still very exciting ;)

The Traveler    137

Yeah it is a cool idea, but you may struggle to get the numbers for it :)

Well I already have 19 replies and several groups taking an interest, so I think I'll be fine :D

Glad you like the idea though :D

Derk    5

so whats the situation on this event. Still happening right?

The Traveler    137
On 24/11/2016 at 9:38 AM, d3rk99 said:

so whats the situation on this event. Still happening right?

The website has shagged up the post (gonna fix that asap) , but apart from that yeah :) 

I just would like to say thank you for making this idea. Because my character had no purpose in life until this was a thing.

build the tower we will come.

download.png

Edited by Kirov Mironovich

Sign in to follow this