Sign in to follow this  
Aeryes

AfterMath - Canada. [Not Official]

Aeryes    127

Not Official.

ZuxWmff.png

iwm6c1R.png

[mp3]https://puu.sh/s00Xi/bbb665907e.mp3[/mp3]

Canada is located in the northern half of North America. Canada shares it's border with the United States of America and happens to have the longest land border on the planet. Canada and it's ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean and then north towards the Arctic Ocean which in total covers an area over 10 million square kilometers which makes it the world's second largest country. Canada's populous is spread out over the surface area of the entire country leading to a very sparsely populated country.Most people live on the Eastern side of the country. Most of Canada is covered in dense forest and tundra as well as vast mountainous terrains.

Before Europeans colonized the North Americas it was mainly inhabited by Aboriginal peoples. Europeans came to mainland America during the 16th century.  The first colonies were established on the east coast and later spread further west.

Canada is a developed country and has the tenth highest nominal per capita income globally as well as the ninth highest ranking in the Human Development Index. It ranks among the highest in international measurements of government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic freedom, and education. Canada is a Commonwealth member of the Commonwealth of Nations, a member of the Francophonie, and part of several major international and intergovernmental institutions including the United Nations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the G8, the Group of Ten, the G20, the North American Free Trade Agreement and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum.

In terms of Ethnicity Canada's ethnic origins go by the following, Canadian (accounting for 32% of the population), followed by English (21%), French (15.8%), Scottish (15.1%), Irish (13.9%), German (10.2%), Italian (4.6%), Chinese (4.3%), First Nations (4.0%), Ukrainian (3.9%), and Dutch (3.3%).

Facts and Stats:

Capital: Ottawa

Population: 35.16 million (2013) World Bank

Prime minister: Stephen Harper

Currency: Canadian dollar

UbYB1xb.jpg

Political Regions and links:

Nunavut

Northwest Territories

Yukon

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Ontario

Quebec

New Brunswick

Fredericton

Nova Scotia

Prince Edward Island

Newfoundland and Labrador

Charlottetown

Infection:

Canada had ample time to respond to the infection after news reached the Canadians that the first case of the infection had been observed in Oakland,CA. Canada knew the danger that the infection presented, they knew that in order to preserve their way of life they needed to isolate themselves from the rest of the world. All travel between foreign countries was ceased within a 72 hour period and all major roadways to the United States were blocked of, this lead to huge panic from those just near the border who were unaware of what was happening in California. The Canadian government abandoned the United States and the Prime Minister refused to have any contact with the President of The United States simply saying that "The future of Canada and the world depended on how we reacted to this situation".

At the start of the infection life in Canada for the most part went on as normal, the rest of the world which was too busy panicing over the events taking place in the United States spent no time monitoring what the Canadians did. This allowed them to hide away from the rest of the world and prepare for the aftermath that was yet to come.

Military:

The military holds the line at the border.

Canada-army.jpg

Prime Minister of Canada:

stephen-harper-11.jpg

Rob Nicholson Minister Of Defense:

RobNicholson-2015AboutPicture.jpg

Minister for Defense Rob Nicholson urged the Prime Minister to set up containment borders between the United States and Canada to prevent anyone from the United States escaping to Canada and thus spreading the infection up north. With the Prime Ministers support and approval Rob Nicholson went ahead and began preparations for a huge border along the United States with the goal of stopping all refugees from fleeing north into Canada. Gen Jonathan Vance was placed in charge of ensuring that the operation was a success. At first the border that was implemented proved to be of huge benifit in preventing people from across the border making their way into Canada but over time the refugees found other ways in through the mountains and wilderness, this lead to many deaths along the trails up north earning them the nicknames "The trails of lost hope".  As time went on a case of the infection was discovered in a town called Milk River in Alberta. The town lay just across the border and it was discovered that some refugees from the United States had found their way across the border and thus the first case of infection was discovered in Canada. 

Research:

The Canadians did little in terms of Research towards the discovery of a cure and instead they hoped that by total isolation the infection could be starved away. The idea that the virus/infection could be starved was thought by many in the parliament as the most logical way to combat the crisis, if the United States and United Nations could not find a cure then what hope did they have. As time went on the Canadians discovered some ways to hide themselves from the infected through certain smells that acted as a repellent of sorts.

Conclusion:

As more and more cases of the Infection were popping up across the Western lands of Canada the government made the choice to close of the capital Ottawa and evacuate as many healthy people as they could to the city. It took a huge amount of time and resources but it is believed that almost 20 million people were evacuated to the capital city, the other 10 million are either dead, infected or just missing. Contact with the outside world was lost a few months in and Canada managed to hold together some sort of power grid to aid communication efforts. The United Nations made an entry into Canada and helped evacuate many Canadians to their main facility at Nuuk in Greenland. Ottawa was left with a new leader as the Prime Minister stepped down in order to join the council at Nuuk and Rob Nicholson was declared the new Prime Minister due to his heroic actions in saving so many Canadians.

The goals of the new Prime Minister were to keep the populous safe and keep the threat of infection outside the city limits. With the help of a huge wall and military experience the new Prime Minster would strive to rebuild the Canada he once knew.

Little else is know about the current state of the capitals lock down or other survivors outside of the lock down. 

Alex Vivian    189

I haven't read the whole thing but... When the infection broke out, Stephen Harper was our Prime Minister, Trudeau was only put in office a year ago.

Unless of course, this is just a story you've come up with and has nothing to do with the lore of DayZRP. If this is the case, carry on

Aeryes    127

I haven't read the whole thing but... When the infection broke out, Stephen Harper was our Prime Minister, Trudeau was only put in office a year ago.

Unless of course, this is just a story you've come up with and has nothing to do with the lore of DayZRP. If this is the case, carry on

It is not official. If I ever get a chance to make my Lore official Ill prune it all. For now it is just a nice read.

Ill update it none the less. Thanks for the help :)

Alex Vivian    189

It is not official. If I ever get a chance to make my Lore official Ill prune it all. For now it is just a nice read.

Also, when Trudeau assumed office he changed the minister of defense, meaning Harjit Sajjan wasn't the minister of defense at the time of the outbreak, it was Rob Nicholson.

64659e9a0fbdcf3ff7f1ee5ef9e2e6ea.png

Canada***

Aeryes    127

Also, when Trudeau assumed office he changed the minister of defense, meaning Harjit Sajjan wasn't the minister of defense at the time of the outbreak, it was Rob Nicholson.

64659e9a0fbdcf3ff7f1ee5ef9e2e6ea.png

Canada***

Awesome. All updated. I really appreciate your help. That's the kind of help that will get our community lore looking way sharper, thank you :) take my BeanZ

Aeryes    127

Hey, that was pretty good.

Thank you very much :)

Aeryes    127

Thank you guys much appreciated :)

Roger    0

I would avoid writing on such topics such as countries that haven't been touched on by the LM team. I say this as what you have written may conflict with what other players have in their backstories, not to mention about what might conflict by future work by the LM team. The least I can say here is nothing in this thread can be considered canon, and this would have no bearing on in game events/lore.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from being creative, but we can't allow the practice of letting people decide what happened to certain nations in the world as it could come down to alot of power gaming of events/locations/people. I think your already aware of this regarding your earlier posts, I just wanted to make it clear to anyone reading it.

With all that being said though, it was a good read and you put alot of work into it; perhaps we can find some way of incorporating some of this into a continuation series post.

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

PM next time, new people might take this as literal regardless of warnings in the thread.

Aeryes    127

I would avoid writing on such topics such as countries that haven't been touched on by the LM team. I say this as what you have written may conflict with what other players have in their backstories, not to mention about what might conflict by future work by the LM team. The least I can say here is nothing in this thread can be considered canon, and this would have no bearing on in game events/lore.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from being creative, but we can't allow the practice of letting people decide what happened to certain nations in the world as it could come down to alot of power gaming of events/locations/people. I think your already aware of this regarding your earlier posts, I just wanted to make it clear to anyone reading it.

With all that being said though, it was a good read and you put alot of work into it; perhaps we can find some way of incorporating some of this into a continuation series post.

I said it was not official. I just figured it would be a good thing to write on to show my skills. I can even make a huge NOT OFFICIAL Logo at the top if needs be.

Roger    0

I said it was not official. I just figured it would be a good thing to write on to show my skills. I can even make a huge NOT OFFICIAL Logo at the top if needs be.

I understand that, only really mentioned it for the use of others, If I were you I'd add non-official in brackets to the title of the thread. Just so no one gets confused.

Aeryes    127

I understand that, only really mentioned it for the use of others, If I were you I'd add non-official in brackets to the title of the thread. Just so no one gets confused.

Okay I'll do that.

BigRig    20

A pretty good read I cant wait to see more. However I see some issues in regards to the realisim. Im not sure if you're familiar with the areas your describing but there are a few logistical issues.

-Ottawa isnt where most of the population is. The Greater Toronto area is where nearly 1/3rd the population of Canada lives. Nearly a 6 hr drive away in good conditions is Ottawa via the main highway the 401. I travel this highway every day and its a crapfest in the best conditions let alone a mass migration from Toronto to Ottawa. However there are backroads like #7 and others. But theyre mainly 2 lane roads. So a mass evacuation of the GTA doesnt seem possible considering the logistical problems. 

-Ottawa doesnt have the housing or resources to house 20 million people. Its a smallish city in comparison to others. Theres only 870 000 people living there now. Housing 20 million seems a bit unrealistic. Also its not a very defendable location for the limited canadian military. 

If it were up to me Id try to evacuate asmany people as possible to either the Western mountians and blast the roads in for the western provinces. As for  Ontario. Id imagine people would migrate north into "the shield" Its a very unforgiving environment that id imagine would make it impossible for infected to pass through. Hiking the paths is hard enough, I couldnt imagine how torn up an infected would get aimlessly stumbling through the dense rocky woods.

Aeryes    127

A pretty good read I cant wait to see more. However I see some issues in regards to the realisim. Im not sure if you're familiar with the areas your describing but there are a few logistical issues.

-Ottawa isnt where most of the population is. The Greater Toronto area is where nearly 1/3rd the population of Canada lives. Nearly a 6 hr drive away in good conditions is Ottawa via the main highway the 401. I travel this highway every day and its a crapfest in the best conditions let alone a mass migration from Toronto to Ottawa. However there are backroads like #7 and others. But theyre mainly 2 lane roads. So a mass evacuation of the GTA doesnt seem possible considering the logistical problems. 

-Ottawa doesnt have the housing or resources to house 20 million people. Its a smallish city in comparison to others. Theres only 870 000 people living there now. Housing 20 million seems a bit unrealistic. Also its not a very defendable location for the limited canadian military. 

If it were up to me Id try to evacuate asmany people as possible to either the Western mountians and blast the roads in for the western provinces. As for  Ontario. Id imagine people would migrate north into "the shield" Its a very unforgiving environment that id imagine would make it impossible for infected to pass through. Hiking the paths is hard enough, I couldnt imagine how torn up an infected would get aimlessly stumbling through the dense rocky woods.

Ill be adding more to these. I have stories planned to explain what happened to get those people there etc. This is just a tester of my abilities.  The main reason why they didn't go west is because the west is where the infection hit Canada in this lore i made up. I was basing the population on the general eastern area. My words probably could have described it better and I will fix that up.

Sign in to follow this