Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:47

Sign in to follow this  
THE LITTLE NERD

Announce that you must be 16 in order to whitlist upfront on newcomer guide

Alright. I'm 15 and have been wanting to join an DayZ role play server for a while, and DayZRP seems like a great community. Yet I just wasted 2 hours reading your rules, newcomer guide, white list stuff, videos/tutorials, threads, etc. just to finally get to  the first step of getting white listed to find at the bottom of the page that I gotta be 16. I would rather just wait a year to turn sixteen and then join rather than get banned(even though I know im more mature than most 16 year-olds), but it would be really helpful to just put it upfront on the newcomer guide that, yes, you do have to be 16 to join this community. Sorry if this seems like a non-issue, but it would've saved me some time. Yall seem like you've got something really good going and I cant wait until I'm apart of it. I bet this will help a bunch of people (or they'll probably just lie anyways but).

Eagle    341

don't think this is really needed as you mostly should go to the whitelisting page before you think about going through everything else.

The Marshal    351

We can't wait to have you, thanks for not circumventing the rules! And huh, I've never heard this complaint before, even when I was staff. I'm sure the admin team will look into this.

don't think this is really needed as you mostly should go to the whitelisting page before you think about going through everything else.

Well, when you first come on to the site, the "Join Now" button brings you to the newcomers guide where it tells you all of the things necessary to join the website. Then after I make a forum account, log in with steam and go through all of the articles necessary, I find out that I cant join.

Phoenix    1045

Well, when you first come on to the site, the "Join Now" button brings you to the newcomers guide where it tells you all of the things necessary to join the website. Then after I make a forum account, log in with steam and go through all of the articles necessary, I find out that I cant join.

When you read the rules it states that you are required to be 16 to play ingame.

Eagle    341

You bring a valid point only person that can answer this is Role himself.

Zombru    25

I don't think it's necessary. Just helps the people who are underage lie about it. If you're of age, then just put in your age and it doesn't matter. I can understand that it sucks to read all of the rules and fail the white list just because you're underage.

Maybe I'm wrong though, idk.

Eagle    341

I don't think it's necessary. Just helps the people who are underage lie about it. If you're of age, then just put in your age and it doesn't matter. I can understand that it sucks to read all of the rules and fail the white list just because you're underage.

Maybe I'm wrong though, idk.

I think he's more of less speaking about the fact that the front page button brings you to a page that speaks nothing about how old you need to be to join.

Zombru    25

-snip-

I think he's more of less speaking about the fact that the front page button brings you to a page that speaks nothing about how old you need to be to join.

Yeah I get that, but if you make it really easy to find out specifically how old you have to be to join, then it could cause a rise in underage community members. I guess you can still find it on the forums, but if it's on the white list information it's just more easily accessible.

I can understand why this would be frustrating for people who don't want to circumvent the rules though.

Eagle    341

-snip-

-sNip

Seeing as most underage personal get caught due to the way Staff gathered the information about how old that person is, adding this information would not really matter as I'm sure it confirms this already somewhere on the forums itself.

Ramon    331

If it's stated in the whitelist that you need be 16 or older that is good enough for me.

Like The Marshal said this is the first time that I heard this.

I see no problem to be honest.

If there is a mention on the newcomer guide or on the rules I think people will lie about their age.

But that is only my opinion.

Alright. I'm 15 and have been wanting to join an DayZ role play server for a while, and DayZRP seems like a great community. Yet I just wasted 2 hours reading your rules, newcomer guide, white list stuff, videos/tutorials, threads, etc. just to finally get to  the first step of getting white listed to find at the bottom of the page that I gotta be 16. I would rather just wait a year to turn sixteen and then join rather than get banned(even though I know im more mature than most 16 year-olds), but it would be really helpful to just put it upfront on the newcomer guide that, yes, you do have to be 16 to join this community. Sorry if this seems like a non-issue, but it would've saved me some time. Yall seem like you've got something really good going and I cant wait until I'm apart of it. I bet this will help a bunch of people (or they'll probably just lie anyways but).

I done the same the thing kid trust me its more enjoyable to walt for it.

Para    176

If the guy is stating a minor change that benefits new people who are around his age, do it. Maybe it'll stop some people from circumventing the rules if it's bright, flashy and in their face. I say make the change. +1 little nerd

Honestly, that would've helped me save some time when I tried to whitelist last year... +1 #savetheweans

If the guy is stating a minor change that benefits new people who are around his age, do it. Maybe it'll stop some people from circumventing the rules if it's bright, flashy and in their face. I say make the change. +1 little nerd

change it to mental age?

Vorobye    34

change it to mental age?

How would that be enforced?

Beni    679

change it to mental age?

Although, yes I do agree that some fifteen-year-olds are more mature than others.. How would we as a community determine this? There is no actual way, it would be more peoples opinions on mental age.. One member of the staff team may think someone is mature enough, when others may not.. There is no way to determine someone's mental age... Judging this on how someone act's is not a good idea, like I said... One person may think someone is mature enough, and someone else may not. 

We have a lot of underage blacklists, and it would make the staffs job a lot harder. We would have a lot more applications coming through, and how would we determine someone's maturity level over a whitelist application? It's just words on a computer screen...

The first part of the whitelisting application is to put in your age... If someone is being honest with their age, they would not be able to preside with the whitelist application.. So there isn't really any need to announce it... it's common knowledge. 

The whitelist age is just about right in my eyes, the roleplay in this community may be shocking to some and I think personally, that someone who is fifteen just isn't ready for it. One year does make a difference... 2016 do have a lot of games that feature extremely violent or shocking story-lines/scenes... But it's a lot different when it's you yourself doing it, unscripted. 

We as a community can't take the risk of someone who we think may or may not be mature enough.

Although this is a discussion to be had, I highly doubt the age limit would be changed, I actually think that Rolle said himself that the only way the age limit would change if it would raise, now lower.

change it to mental age?

You cant serious. Plz plz plz plz edit and say "Jk that was a hell of a meme"

That would not work in no universe ever. Actual age will do laddy.

Helix    35

i feel like the age limit is well enough announced and that most members check the whitelist page before actually reading the rules and lore to see if they are atleast eligible to whitelist in the first place.

Rolle    2447

I've added it to one of the first paragraphs in the newcomers guide, thanks for the suggestion.

Cole    10

Glad to see this was thrown up on the guide, very good suggestion.

Stiles    21

I guess a way in which you could determine it on mental age is as follows:

People who are 15 and wish to apply do so, and if they pass the application process and get white listed they are placed on a trial placement, during this placement they can participate like any other member, however if they break a rule, their account is blacklisted until they are of age, when they are old enough they can re-apply, unless ofcourse it's a perms-bannable offence.

Clumsy    140

Glad the suggestion was added and hopefully clears it up for new members.