Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:42

Sign in to follow this  

ARMA 3 Does It Again

Mr Shank    22

As much as I agree that Arma 3 is a better game than SA, it will never work for the reason of there being more to do in SA and imo it is a much more immersive game. SA now actually feels like a survival game mix in with the apocalypse, whilst in Arma 3 I never got that feeling, just a whole bunch of mods thrown on a mil sim (which is exactly what it is).

Now if we implemented things like ACE and enhanced movement, then I would seriously be tempted as well as enhanced interactions or whatever mod that is). But another massive issue with arma 3 is optimisation, fuck I have a i7 6700k and a 1070 and I still barely get 60 in open fields, which is fucking pathetic. Obviously not everyone is going to have amazing setups, so that is why a lot of people get drawn towards DayZ cos they can play it without making their game look like shit just to not get a brain aneurysm from all the frame lag.

As much as I agree that Arma 3 is a better game than SA, it will never work for the reason of there being more to do in SA and imo it is a much more immersive game. SA now actually feels like a survival game mix in with the apocalypse, whilst in Arma 3 I never got that feeling, just a whole bunch of mods thrown on a mil sim (which is exactly what it is).

Now if we implemented things like ACE and enhanced movement, then I would seriously be tempted  as well as enhanced interactions or whatever mod that is). But another massive issue with arma 3 is optimisation, fuck I have a i7 6700k and a 1070 and I still barely get 60 in open fields, which is fucking pathetic. Obviously not everyone is going to have amazing setups, so that is why a lot of people get drawn towards DayZ cos they can play it without making their game look like shit just to not get a brain aneurysm from all the frame lag.

Funny... I run A3 better than I do DayZ, and I have older parts that you do. *shrug*

Mr Shank    22

Now if we implemented things like ACE and enhanced movement, then I would seriously be tempted  as well as enhanced interactions or whatever mod that is). But another massive issue with arma 3 is optimisation, fuck I have a i7 6700k and a 1070 and I still barely get 60 in open fields, which is fucking pathetic. Obviously not everyone is going to have amazing setups, so that is why a lot of people get drawn towards DayZ cos they can play it without making their game look like shit just to not get a brain aneurysm from all the frame lag.

Funny... I run A3 better than I do DayZ, and I have older parts that you do. *shrug*

It depends on a lot of things, I play on High and if you play on modded maps like Chenarus and load shit loads of mods your frames go to sht. Like my frames for Altis on just a normal mode are fine, but if I play exile Cherno I'm fucked. 

But with DayZ my frames are in the hundreds on ultra, so I seriously don't know. I should really stop questioning BE cos those guys are seriously off their fucking head.

I never got to experience desolation. It is one of the things I always wanted to try in an RP setting. Arma gets updated on an actual realistic timetable and not whenever Brian Hicks stops jerking off long enough to push an update.

Plus vehicles that actually are fun to drive and having a server that doesn't shit the bed every half hour would be fun. I agree that DayZ SA would be better but DayZ SA is basically a dead game at this point so idk

EDIT If DayZ SA released mod support none of this would be a concern but then again Brian Hicks would be out of a job if that happens.

Guys. Tanoa is lit.

Wanna play later?

Honestly seeing Tanoa in a post apocalyptic setting would be killer

Guys. Tanoa is lit.

Wanna play later?

Honestly seeing Tanoa in a post apocalyptic setting would be killer

If I can fine time today hell ya.

I like Miscreated more :)

Only thing better about miscreated is it's cheaper and you don't have to find devs.

I honestly love arma 3, but for different reasons than I love dayz. I cant and wont ever go back to rping on arma 3 due to the fact there is almost nothing to do. The amount of stuff you can do in SA is a big factor in it.

I honestly love arma 3, but for different reasons than I love dayz. I cant and wont ever go back to rping on arma 3 due to the fact there is almost nothing to do. The amount of stuff you can do in SA is a big factor in it.

Everything you can do in SA, you can do in ARMA 3... with a lot more options.

Only thing DayZ does decent is that it has a modular clothing system which, to be honest, lacks variety anyways.

I love the houses, they are so cozy.

Ender    508

Now i dont know if this mod adds JUST the enterable chernarus buildings but I'm going to say a HUGE no if thats not the case as i am seeing A whole lot of content from Arma 3 Epoch. and me being one of the beta testers of A3Epoch I know that they have had a lot of problems with people stealing their code/artwork/models and have had to be in multiple lawsuits because of it. take Overpoch for instance they tried to steal the entirity of Epochs work and copyright it as their own, which didnt hold anything at all in court but the fact they still tried is beyond me

if this mod adds nothing but the enterable buildings then i think it is cool. but if it adds all the other items/playermodel/inventory system then thats where i'll have a problem

Now i dont know if this mod adds JUST the enterable chernarus buildings but I'm going to say a HUGE no if thats not the case as i am seeing A whole lot of content from Arma 3 Epoch. and me being one of the beta testers of A3Epoch I know that they have had a lot of problems with people stealing their code/artwork/models and have had to be in multiple lawsuits because of it. take Overpoch for instance they tried to steal the entirity of Epochs work and copyright it as their own, which didnt hold anything at all in court but the fact they still tried is beyond me

if this mod adds nothing but the enterable buildings then i think it is cool. but if it adds all the other items/playermodel/inventory system then thats where i'll have a problem

It only adds the buildings. It's for use outside of Exile and Epoch, but can be used with them. Aka a modular mod.

P.S. Concerning the Epoch stuff seen, that's because DirtySanchez, the mod-author, is heavily involved in Epoch as well as Exile, having fixed issues for both dev-teams on his own free time. The guy's a genius with scripting and ARMA syntax, to be honest. Would explain why his DonkeyPunch compilation is popular for Exile. And why the Epoch devs have him listed as a special contributor in their credits.

Kerkkoh    45

Arma 3 focuses so heavily on the milsim aspect that it's fairly hard to make it into a good survival game like DayZ. I still think it's possible to make a good Arma 3 zombie mod with some time, effort and good project management. Something like these enterable buildings would make Chernarus a lot better as well, but I feel like the author won't release them for the public to use.

Another thing with making a mod for Arma 3 is mod licenses. For example if you want to add a weapon pack in, you need to make sure that you can use them on a private server and monetize them (Since many authors take stuff like forum perks as monetization). Going against these licenses and author's terms will obviously be illegal and possibly lead to a lawsuit.

Another thing is that even if for example, I started scripting and putting a mod like this together now, would it be finished before mod support is released for DayZ and would anyone play it.

Side projects usually tend to fail and they take some time to complete. If I started scripting this kind of side project now, I think I could be able to finish a playable version around February with minimal features. That would include only scripting and not making new vehicles or clothes, even though it seems like people are eager to use existing assets nowadays.

Arma 3 focuses so heavily on the milsim aspect that it's fairly hard to make it into a good survival game like DayZ. I still think it's possible to make a good Arma 3 zombie mod with some time, effort and good project management. Something like these enterable buildings would make Chernarus a lot better as well, but I feel like the author won't release them for the public to use.

Another thing with making a mod for Arma 3 is mod licenses. For example if you want to add a weapon pack in, you need to make sure that you can use them on a private server and monetize them (Since many authors take stuff like forum perks as monetization). Going against these licenses and author's terms will obviously be illegal and possibly lead to a lawsuit.

Another thing is that even if for example, I started scripting and putting a mod like this together now, would it be finished before mod support is released for DayZ and would anyone play it.

Side projects usually tend to fail and they take some time to complete. If I started scripting this kind of side project now, I think I could be able to finish a playable version around February with minimal features. That would include only scripting and not making new vehicles or clothes, even though it seems like people are eager to use existing assets nowadays.

The building assets -are- open for public use. And the mod was released under, and I quote:

"This source was released under APL-SA as seen in the second link.

This release is also licensed under APL-SA. "

Link mentioned: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/page-2#entry3051642

Looks horrible.

Thanks for your opinion, bby.

Shanoby    36

Man... I used to be against Arma3 mod, but now... Standalone with its slow progression has taken my enthusiasm away... also seeing how in PsiSyndicates video where he had good old Arma2 SUV car (actual working vehicles), Arma2 weapons and saw some pics of settlement building and best part, the admin tools to spawn in zombie hordes...

I find myself wanting to keep away from Standalone and focus on Arma3 modding... for some reason, though we will not get the nice movement for characters and clothing like in standalone, I feel the casual RP fun and fire places and vehicles and settlements and guns and zombies and food system outweighs it all... we could just import in Standalone map right?

I hope somebody out there will make a good RP mod out of it... I can sadly see that this community has given up on Arma3 moding :(

Ender    508

It only adds the buildings. It's for use outside of Exile and Epoch, but can be used with them. Aka a modular mod.

P.S. Concerning the Epoch stuff seen, that's because DirtySanchez, the mod-author, is heavily involved in Epoch as well as Exile, having fixed issues for both dev-teams on his own free time. The guy's a genius with scripting and ARMA syntax, to be honest. Would explain why his DonkeyPunch compilation is popular for Exile. And why the Epoch devs have him listed as a special contributor in their credits.

OH! Its created by DirtySanchez. Okay that makes a lot more sense now