Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:51

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with DerSchnitzler

Terra    1368

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

DerSchnitzler

Thank you so much for participating!

~Tell us something unique about yourself!~

Well, my name is Simon, I'm from Ausria and absolutely love survival games such as DayZ, The Long Dark or Shooters like Battlefield or Insurgency. As many of you also know I entered the community trailer competition not too long ago (which I sadly didn't win but still think I did pretty ok) I've joined this community almost 2 years ago and have been enjoying every moment of it so far!

~Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why??~

I guess the ones I'm most interested in are the Radio Chatter, the Media Threads and the Groups tab because I love seeing what other people are doing IG. If I would have to choose only one though, I guess I'd go with the Radio Chatter.

~ How did you found out about DayZRP?~

I think it was when Silo Entertainment started with his first few DayZRP videos in January of 2015 ago. I remeber looking through the comments to look for the server he was playing on. After a few seconds of searching I did manage to find it. And I also still remember that overflow of happyness when I did get accepted on my last whitelist try (Yes kids, back in my days you could only apply 3 times before geting denied. If I read it right back then that is ;))

~Have you made any friends during your time in this community??~

Yeah, here and there I guess. Klette, Kaineki, WhiskeyFoxtrot or Brey I have met when I joined Enceladus and we had a lot of fun together since then! But not to forget biselvon, my fellow man in the allmighty BeanZ Revolution in the BeanZ War forum game! Viva la revolution, my friend!

~Is there something that you would like to see added to our community?~

I can't really think of anything besides more people puting some more time into making their characters belivable, interesting and unique I guess. There is not much that comes to mind besides that and maybe the BeanZ leaderboard.

~What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences?~

Oh boy, I'll never forget that one night with Mr. Black, Iceman, Outrun and Kibuka's crew in the lumber mill! Mr. Black hired Kibuka's guys to capture anyone at Camp Outrun (when it was still in Berezino). Sadly, I was also there that night and got restrained along with the other guys in the camp. We got ordered to go down to the lumber mill while Mr. Black and Kibuka's men where keeping an eye on us. Once we arrived, they put Josh's head in a vise. Each time someone didn't answer in a satisfying manner, he'd tighten the vise. Now, I was last in line, facing the wall once Kibuka told me to come with him, just before it would have been my turn to speak. He got me out of the lumber mill, cut of my handcuffs, gave me a pack of cereal and told me that he didn't think that just because of bad timing, I should be taking into this. After this I ran away, haven't seen him for a good while and now I'm in his group because ICly I still owe him big time!

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us??~

Sadly not, but I do plan on making some YouTube videos in the future

~Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us?~

Again, sadly not.

~What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules)?~

I would say that you should at least permadeath one of your characters and start with a new one because first, your RP will (hopefully) have improved over that time so you can think of a better RP story and second, it just adds a bit more diversity in the people you pay as. Personally, I don't like playing the same character for a longer period of time as long as I'm just so happy with my character that I don't want to switch again.

Also don't forget to help out the BeanZ Revolution in the forum games at least once! Who knows, maybe you'll end up as one of the brave conquerers who stood up agains the terror reign of Lemons and his men!

~If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why?~

That's a hard one. I was thinking of Ryan Robertson from Outrun for a sec but I'll definetely go with Kibuka Nanyonga because I just love the character in general!

~Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out?~

That changes everytime I start a new character. With Richard Flynt, I allawys loved to stay up north just above Novo, with Noah Glück I loved staying in the bar, handing out drinks and "The Oil". On my current char I tend to move around a lot but I would say mostly around the northern part of the map, north-east to be specific.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The people, no doubt! I mean we have people in this community from all over the globe, coming together here, sharing thoughts about the game, the server and also their personal life every now and then! It is truly amazing! There are only very few other communities that would come to mind that accived something like this!

~Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?)~

In OOC, I regret nothing. But the one thing that I regret most are the deaths of one of my characters. His name was David Altbaum, my first character before the character pages were implemented. It was my first ever death on DayZRP and up to this day I still know exactly what happened. Someone was trying to conquer Green Mountain again which originally belonged to The Family (basicly the less-scary and less hostile version of the clowns now). Seeing as I was on pretty good terms with the family I kinda tried to gain the trust of the leader, get him into the woods and then maybe kill him. In fact, I didn't. I talked to him and seeing as it would be a bit suspicious if only I would return to Green Mountain without him, I let him live and took him back with me (I know it was a stupid idea, don't judge). After that I found a Magnum on the floor back at Green Mountain and as soon as I turned my back, he aimed his gun at me and told me to put my hands up. I turned around with the Magnum in my hands (which again, wasn't the best idea) and then he shot me. I guess I kinda deserved it.

~Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers?~

Yeah, I do. I've been thinking about this a lot recently aswell. First, just look at some guides or videos before you get into the game without any expirience! There are some amazing guides created by the community here about almost everything, really. Also look at some examples of how other people do it, watch some videos on YouTube or simply ask for some advice around here in the community. Noone will hate you for it! It's actually the oposite way around (for me and some other guys I know at least). It's good to see that a newcomer is making the effort to get some more knowledge about things around here! And also, don't start off as someone who is a bandit. Trust me, for beginners the more basic it is, the easier it is for you to start off RPing here.

~Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community?~

Besides the allready mentioned more unique characters I can't really think of anything. Maybe some more good HostileRP would be nice to see. Not allways "Hands up!" then "What's your name?" and then "Are you with a group?". Would be great to have some people who make their HostileRP stand out from the other robberies and stuff. And more people using more general terms for items ingame and not reading the item's name out from the inventory. Other than that, I can't really find anything else.

<3

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

my boy dersnitxhegarwje

Good interview.

Ayy , great interview amigo !

Majoo    644

Nice interview man, thanks :)

Ramon    334

Good interview, thanks for doing it!

But you going to lose that BeanZ war to be honest ;)

Phoenix    1049

Still waiting for voodoo's interview like...

Terra    1368

And that was needed on this interview Phoenix? Well done and take it to PM's.

Thanks again for this Interview DerSchnitzler <3

Phoenix    1049

I mean if others are being posted but voodoo's was supposed to be out 2 weeks ago, yeah it's kind of necessary.

Terra    1368

I mean if others are being posted but voodoo's was supposed to be out 2 weeks ago, yeah it's kind of necessary.

It kinda is not. I am sure Voodoo can ask himself. Afterall it is his interview. Not yours and I am sure you already PM'ed one of us and also got an answer.

Take it to PM's I already told you. Thank you.

Saradomin    351

Viva la revolutoin! Now that my name is in an interview, am I famous?

Very nice interview, I like some of the points you brought up in the more serious part of the interview, along with your tips for newcommers.

Aeryes    124

Nice interview :)