Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:27

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

How to Properly Make Demands in a Hostile Encounter

Nihoolious    1122

Hi, my name is Nihoolious. It seems to me more and more people are misinterpreting the concept of giving demands over the radio when in a hostile encounter. This is evident from numerous reports as well as comments from people on teamspeak being unsure about the action. In this guide, I will try and explain as well as break down how to properly execute this action.

Demands Over the Radio

This is what most people get confused on. When taking a hostage, they can sometimes have friends in the area who would gain KoS rights on whoever is taking them hostage. Just to clarify, when you initiate on someone, they become your hostage. Sometimes people will move long distances to prevent being shot at by the hostage's allies. Other times they will make demands over the radio to prevent gunfire heading their direction. Here is an example of how to properly make these demands:

"Tell your friends over the radio that if we take any more shots, you will die!"

In this example, the hostage taker is demanding that the hostage use their radio (Teamspeak, Discord etc.) to tell their allies, where ever they may be, that if they try to shoot at the hostage takers, the hostage will die. With one simple sentence, the hostage takers have a lower chance of being shot on sight and the window for negotiations opens up which of course leads to more RP.

People misinterpret this demand in various ways. The most common way it is misinterpreted goes something like this:

"If we take shots you all die!"

Here is the problem with this demand. Your hostages have no way to communicate this to their allies if their hands are up. Even if their hands are not up, they are not being told to relay this information to their allies. Hostages need to be taken care of, not treated like an object to be disposed of when things get too heated. As such, invalid demands like that can lead to invalid hostage executions, 3 days ban + a banstrike.

One thing to note is if the hostage does not follow the demands of the hostages takers (Tell friends on radio...) they can be killed for non compliance. Smashing their radio when being told to make demands is also non compliance and can result in death. If the hostage says no one is on their radio and they insist on not making the demands, the hostage takers can inspect the radio to find out the truth. An example of this would be:

*inspects radio for last used frequency* //what teamspeak channel are you in? 

The hostage takers can then either tell the people in channel themselves not to shoot at them or their friend will die. Or they can begin negotiations that way to arrange for the hostage's freedom.

If anyone believes more should be added to this guide comment below. I whipped this up in wake of recent events so it may be missing a thing or two. Hopefully this helps!

This is a great little guide Hoolio, glad you wrote it. A guide on how to properly initiate would be good to add on to this, I always just scream "RUN YOUR SHIT BLOOD" when I initiate and then kill them whenever they dont comply and I guess thats not right so if you could clear that up that'd be great

This is a great little guide Hoolio, glad you wrote it. A guide on how to properly initiate would be good to add on to this, I always just scream "RUN YOUR SHIT BLOOD" when I initiate and then kill them whenever they dont comply and I guess thats not right so if you could clear that up that'd be great

Hahahahaha omg

William    398

This is a great guide...

+1

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

This shit is Chernov level.

The hostage takers can determine if the hostage is lying about not having anyone on the radio and decide what to do with the hostage from there.

Wouldn't be able to be used IC as there's no guarantee the person on the other end would be transmitting so you wouldn't necessarily be aware of anyone being on that frequency.

Nihoolious    1122

The hostage takers can determine if the hostage is lying about not having anyone on the radio and decide what to do with the hostage from there.

Wouldn't be able to be used IC as there's no guarantee the person on the other end would be transmitting so you wouldn't necessarily be aware of anyone being on that frequency.

Perhaps I should have elaborated better for that part. What I should have included was that the hostage takers should enter the channel and relay the demands or negotiate. They way I worded it made it seem like the hostage takers would just look at the channel and shoot the hostage for non compliance or something. I'll fix that when I get home.

*He claps* Well done. Hostage situations are usually what causes the most confusion to new and even some older players. I am glad someone has made something like this to hopefully clear a few things up. Well done Hooli, you get a good ol' +1 from me and maybe some BeanZ to compliment.

Dusty    1065

Great guide my dude :)

I've been seeing more and more confusion regarding hostage situations where people kill compliant hostages due to not making demands/not doing it correctly.

Aeryes    124

Nice guide. Hope to see more from you in the future :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this