Jump to content
Server time: 2017-08-23, 10:13

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Chaostica

Warning...Approach with Caution [Open Public Frequency]

Recommended Posts

Chaostica    143

*holds her radio in shaking hands as she takes a deep breath and begins to transmit in a soft unsteady voice*

I uh...I'm not sure if this is a good idea but....if anyone were to get hurt I wouldn't be able to live with it.

*pauses for another moment taking another deep steadying breath, her voice returning much stronger now*

To any and all people who know Marshal John Waters, it is with a heavy heart I have to tell you that Marshal has uh....has Uh recently suffered from a great loss and is currently not thinking clearly. He is acting extremely violent and as such is to be considered dangerous. He has already attacked one person and we believe he will strike out again. 

*pauses again for a long moment, her voice now sounding sad as she speaks again*

The man is grieving people. It should pass in time but for now keep your distance. We disarmed him after he'd held a gun at uh...one of us. However he won't be long without one, he's resourceful even in his current state.

*her voice lowers and becomes heavy with grief as she starts again*

Marshal, I'm not sure if your hearing this, Axel tells me your without a radio but I'm not sure if you found a new one by now. Marshal I know your suffering, well so was she. We all walk around now a days thinking if we haven't caught it by now we're safe from it.  Some are saying we're immune, who knows, unless your really confronted with it. 

*takes a deep breath but continues speaking in the same grief heavy tones*

I had to do it Marshal. She made me promise. If she showed any signs of it, of turning, I was to end her life. She didn't want to be a specimen for those who were watching over her. Marshal, I waited, I wanted to be completely sure. At one point as the fever was on her she was ranting at me to keep my promise. I held off, a fever could be something else, she had been sick. Only when time passed and she entered the paralysis stage did I know for sure it wasn't something else. I was by her bedside praying to whatever deities there might be out there to spare her, that the sickness she had was something else, hell even if it was brought on by her own fear and was psychosomatic. 

*a sob is quickly cut off as she clears her throat and begins to speak again*

She saved that little girl Marshal, at the cost of her own safety. She was getting well, she was.....I don't know what else to say that I haven't told you already. Yes I had to kill Anne, Marshal and those are my reasons. 

*a soft cough is heard and the voice continues stronger now, but holding a note of defeat*

So I repeat, to anyone out there, be cautious of Marshal John Waters. He is not himself in his time of grief and has already displayed violent and irrational tendency's. To clarify he attacked the Doctor trying to help him and then immediately jumped from the roof he was located on, approximately two stories and ran away. Approach with caution if you must. Any word on his location would be appreciated.

*the messages ends on a softly spoken 'Marshal, I truly am sorry', before it ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSky    123

-Finnr sighs and clicks on his radio a certain form of sadness can be heard in his voice-

Whe..re....where was he headed?

I'll try to look around before someone unfortunate runs in to him.....

Marshall,. Dont let grieve turn you in to me.

-Finnr squezes the radio hard realising that he went down the wrong road his voice is a bit shaky-

Nyleea, please if you find him. Chief.... dont let that darkness turn him in to something he shouldn't be....

This apocalypse has claimed far too many... minds... we forget so easily who we were....

-Finnr clicks off the radio-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaostica    143

*lifts the radio and responds to Finnr*

We're trying Finnr, the others may even be mad at me for putting out that warning but Marshal has been...I don't know what to call it, just something has been brought to my attention that has struck a cord with me and some of the 'bells' that have been ringing for me since I first met him. Don't ask me to explain, I can't. Be safe Finnr.

*the radio transmission ends*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dustup    118

The Northerners will keep an eye out for him, the real ones, not the pretenders that sit up on our lands building a city of tents and mistakenly thinking that the North has ever been safe.  He was always welcome in our lands, but we will also respect his wishes as he has proven himself to us.  Marshall, if you can hear this, that old bastard "Harry" has been away for a while, but I know he would want us to help you however we could, you know where to find us should you need anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Marshal    351

John sat there, his legs spread out in front of him, his back pressed against the wall. The radio sat next to him, beside the loaded pistol. He was shaking lightly, overwhelmed from the agony he was experiencing without his pain pills Axel had dumped when he was restrained. He threw the book across the room with a thud, the sound of fluttering pages bordering the impact. He'd been trying to bury his mind away from the pain, but he couldn't even get through half a page of Gunman's Reckoning.

He reached over, picking up the radio, depressing the PTT. He let it ring dead air for a long time, his mough slightly open and head cocked in thought. You can hear his shallow breathing, tinny and filtered through the airwaves, plagued with static.

[mp3]http://puu.sh/rY2V7/0e07492246.mp3[/mp3]

He released the PTT, struggling to his feet. He rubbed his shoulder, aching from the leap off the roof. He looked out the window, over the rooftops of Cherno, pondering what his Northern friend had stated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irish    73

*Eliane listens in getting more and more confused and concerned, when she speaks it is soft and gentle*

Ugh..j-John?  Nyleea?....w-What ugh actually..happened?

*She sighs and shakes her head* 

Um..You ugh..Don't have to say....If you ugh..d-Don't want to......b-b-but ugh I won't be back..For a while at least.

*She releases the transmit button before walking back into the bedroom and climbing back into her bed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Combat Logo    80

*Eliane listens in getting more and more confused and concerned, when she speaks it is soft and gentle*

Ugh..j-John?  Nyleea?....w-What ugh actually..happened?

*She sighs and shakes her head* 

Um..You ugh..Don't have to say....If you ugh..d-Don't want to......b-b-but ugh I won't be back..For a while at least.

*She releases the transmit button before walking back into the bedroom and climbing back into her bed*

*Logan sighs, pressing down on the talk button.*

"We lost someone Eliane... Someone... close... Marshal's needs time to recover... We'll be fine, don't you worry about it."

*He lets go of the button.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Northerners will keep an eye out for him, the real ones, not the pretenders that sit up on our lands building a city of tents and mistakenly thinking that the North has ever been safe.  He was always welcome in our lands, but we will also respect his wishes as he has proven himself to us.  Marshall, if you can hear this, that old bastard "Harry" has been away for a while, but I know he would want us to help you however we could, you know where to find us should you need anything.

*Tuco pick up the radio laughing*

The pretenders that sit up on your land say "hi", specially since I have never heard of you, and I have never seen you in any fight or battle for the north for the past two month ... The North has never been safe, specially in your specific land.

If you are one of the true Northerners, you probably one that left us as soon as the war started, you were probably too busy defending your 500 square meter territory. 

*While releasing the PTT you can hear Tuco asking his friend : who the fuck his that guy, never heard of him*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack the Ripper    251

*Ivan puts the radio up to his mouth, his hand trembling. He speaks in a sickly, stuttering voice. He seems a lot more broken down than usual, but manages to force the words out.*

"M-marshal. I-I-I.... *coughs violently* I know it hurts. Believe me I do. I'm.... I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry things didn't work out...."

*His breathing grows heavy and his voice becomes faint.*

"Come north Marshal. C-c-come find me.... You know I always have your back.... you're family.... come f-find me....."

*Ivan releases the PTT and vomits onto the floor beside the table he sits at. Even in the dark he can see that it is a horrible shade of red.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jade    177

Amy juggles the radio nervously in her hands for a moment before pressing the button down.

"Is... Anne..?" Her voice would trail off unable to finish the sentence.

She'd hope someone would understand what she was trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grime Stein    42

*LT happens to come across the radio broadcast. He listens in for a minute before frowning, his scarred face taking on a wrinkled look. He glances about for a few moments and thinks back to Anne and what must've happened. He looks to his own proof of immunity, the faded bite mark, before he slowly brings the radio to his lips.*

*Presses the transmission button*

"Marshal... I... I know intimately how you must feel... so much... I never got over my own loss... never will probably... but... I let it consume me... let it cloud who I was and now I controls who I am... but you... you are so much stronger than me Marshal... infinitely more so..." a sigh is heard while the sounds of a picture unfolding are heard.*

"I want you know that no matter what... you are not a monster... for if you are a monster... what does that make people like me... like Ivan... like Finnr? What does that make us... because you are a good man to the bones Marshal... Much better than any of us... that I am sure all of us would admit... I cannot tell you it will be all okay in the end because that would be a lie... but what I can tell you is not to let it consume you... please... do not let it end who you are..."

*Releases the transmission button*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaostica    143

*starts to speak then stops, open air on the channel is heard for a few moments before a soft sigh of resignation comes over the frequency followed by a voice*

Amy.....get a hold of me on our private frequency so we can tell you where to come, but yes Amy....Anne...isn't with us anymore.

*clears her throat of the thick emotion that was already starting to build again*

As for the rest of you...I'm sure if Marshal was himself at this moment he'd show his appreciation for all the out reach but as I stated in my previous message, he is NOT himself. Do you understand? He has literally been driven to a place by his grief that is NOT the Marshal we know...you heard him as well as I did.

*grinds her teeth for a moment in frustration and continues to speak slowly and cautiously*

Marshal...we both know that to some extent some people with certain...traits....might recognise those same things in others. How? I'm not sure but it's not to late Marshal, it's not to late to turn away from where this is leading.

*opens her mouth to say some more but cannot find any more words so ends the transmission reluctantly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Marshal    351

*Scoffs, ripping his radio off his belt, as he walked through the street of downtown Cherno, picking through the leftovers for something useful.*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/rZjGI/326826a54f.mp3[/mp3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaostica    143

*listens to the broadcast, her gaze going unfocused at the end as she lifts the radio to her lips to reply, almost as if speaking to herself*

Sane or Insane....which is he......cold blooded killer or grief stricken widower.......someone is beginning to travel a lonely path...

*a half chuckle ending on a sob bursts fourth for a moment*

poor man...poor stupid man.

*a slight hiss of impatience is heard then the crack of glass shattering followed by silence*

Your on a path I refuse to follow you down Marshal....I won't travel it again. It...YOU aren't worth it. Not in the state your in now.

*the transmission ends abruptly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarcof    0

William frowns, listening to the back and forth chatter over the frequency. He tries to draw what conclusions he can, the young man picking his own way through rubble and lost possessions, searching for better gear, more food, more water. Novoselky bore little, the satellite town too far from Chernogorsk to have more than the occasional infected. He strains his ears, picking up no clues that could tell him where The Marshal walked, hearing only a tinny voice and the faintest rustle of gear. A frown crossed his features. Was that the moan of an infected? No, just his imagination and distortion. Besides, would Marshall leave anything around him alive, in the state he's in? At least, when it came to the infected? The man was losing his grip on hi- No, that didn't fit. he just said that he'd been like this for a long time. That means he'd have been masking it, and masking it well. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back, that was all. He stopped, flicking open the Zippo and closing it, the action repeating itself over and over again. It helped him focus, helped him think. He started walking once more. It was time to try and find his way back to the hospital, to start from scratch. He had only brief memories of the walk to the hospital, being more preoccupied with a steadily worsening sickness. He should have started trying to follow Marshal as soon as he started running, or at least started on the trail. But he hadn't, and now he was paying for it. The trail would be several days old by now, the tracks faded. No scent left, no trace fibers or disturbed grass. Any bruised plants would be difficult to pick out. Disturbed stones would be hard to spot, but not impossible. They might be the only way to track him. Even then, it'd only give him a general idea of where he might be going. It would be damn near impossible to find right where he is. But, the Great Wall wasn't built overnight. He had to start somewhere. Might as well be here.

He turned the knob of his radio, turning it on and wincing as he turns too far, the white noise seeming as loud as the roar of a waterfall. He depresses the PTT and raises the radio to his lips. After just a moment to clear his throat, he speaks into the microphone of the radio.

"Marshal. I don't know if you can hear this, but stay away from the South side of Chernogosk. I'd prefer to not run across you while scrounging. I like my blood where it is, and I'd prefer to not have you spill it."

He releases the PTT and starts walking down the road towards the Hospital. With luck, Marshal might take his transmission to be the truth and avoid the South side of Chernogosk, wanting to be alone. With luck. If he was unlucky, he'd go to the South side specifically hunting for the young man. If he was really unlucky, he'd avoid Chernogosk entirely, having been tipped off that someone looking for him is walking in the city. Either way, it was a gamble to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Marshal    351

*Depresses the PTT, annoyed*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/rZlXG/0718bc6b89.mp3[/mp3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpaceCowboy    226

Ian sat in the court yard of the apartment buildings looking up at the tall crumbling buildings, his face free of the mask he always wore. He exhaled as he listened to the garbled communication, trying to listen to John's words. He lowered his head, wincing at the bruised burn spot on his neck, the present Marshal had left him before he ran off, his hand rubbing the spot gently.

He brings the radio up hesitantly at first before speaking, 

"Marshal...John..."

Ian paused, nothing but a small breeze could be heard ruffling up against the mic

"I know what its like. I know what its like...to lose the one you love. I know what its like to walk down this road. To walk the line. John you and I both know...It's not to late to turn back. To be the man we know and care about. You don't have to be one of the monsters."

He exhales and shakes his head

"If you need anything. Contact me and I will be there."

Ian releases the button and drops the radio down, falling back onto his back pack, rubbing his neck gingerly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grime Stein    42

*LT sighs as the to and fro goes on. Messages fall on deaf ears as the seem to do and he knew that no one was immune to that. He knew Marshal was always... similar but not that much. He takes a look at the photo again, the last he has with his own wife and son. He blinks as he starts at it, no feelings coming. The only reason for that would be he was always feeling that way or he buried himself so far into a state of.... something he didn't know what to feel anymore. He wondered what the man would do now. What The Trust would do now. He knew he was estranged from the only thing he could call family in this rotten existence so there was maybe no reason to continue... maybe there was. He sighed before setting himself down in a old lighthouse in the coast. He didn't know how long he was at there but after a time he pulled out the radio again.*

*Pressed the transmission button.*

"Marshal... John... or...fuck it... I... agree that what must be done should be done... should've been done a long time ago. I... admit that maybe.... maybe it is better to live this way than live that way... Maybe I am wrong.... maybe they are wrong... but... don't... don't burn bridges that can never be rebuilt Marshal.... not without just cause. Maybe it is for you and the reasons are good... are... just for burning those bridges.... I'll never know because only you can decide that... but... sometimes one end is a new beginning... sometimes it is just an end. I... never knew where my end and beginning happened... but I would like to think it was a day where what I... fought for... lost it's appeal... it's reasoning. If you lost that Marshal... then... I guess maybe people like... us... people who go on without reasons or purpose... just... go on. I... wish you luck Marshal. I would like to think that our bridges never burned down... just that they grew old and unused. Maybe they are... or they are cinders... but... should you ever need me... you known how to reach me... To the rest of those who wish to help him...I would recommend that you continue as you see fit... just... don't try to brush off what is there nor try to hide it. Hiding things always end up getting revealed in the end... whether by choice or not. Good luck to all of you... LT out...."

*Releases the transmission button.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*holds her radio in shaking hands as she takes a deep breath and begins to transmit in a soft unsteady voice*

I uh...I'm not sure if this is a good idea but....if anyone were to get hurt I wouldn't be able to live with it.

*pauses for another moment taking another deep steadying breath, her voice returning much stronger now*

To any and all people who know Marshal John Waters, it is with a heavy heart I have to tell you that Marshal has uh....has Uh recently suffered from a great loss and is currently not thinking clearly. He is acting extremely violent and as such is to be considered dangerous. He has already attacked one person and we believe he will strike out again. 

*pauses again for a long moment, her voice now sounding sad as she speaks again*

The man is grieving people. It should pass in time but for now keep your distance. We disarmed him after he'd held a gun at uh...one of us. However he won't be long without one, he's resourceful even in his current state.

*her voice lowers and becomes heavy with grief as she starts again*

Marshal, I'm not sure if your hearing this, Axel tells me your without a radio but I'm not sure if you found a new one by now. Marshal I know your suffering, well so was she. We all walk around now a days thinking if we haven't caught it by now we're safe from it.  Some are saying we're immune, who knows, unless your really confronted with it. 

*takes a deep breath but continues speaking in the same grief heavy tones*

I had to do it Marshal. She made me promise. If she showed any signs of it, of turning, I was to end her life. She didn't want to be a specimen for those who were watching over her. Marshal, I waited, I wanted to be completely sure. At one point as the fever was on her she was ranting at me to keep my promise. I held off, a fever could be something else, she had been sick. Only when time passed and she entered the paralysis stage did I know for sure it wasn't something else. I was by her bedside praying to whatever deities there might be out there to spare her, that the sickness she had was something else, hell even if it was brought on by her own fear and was psychosomatic. 

*a sob is quickly cut off as she clears her throat and begins to speak again*

She saved that little girl Marshal, at the cost of her own safety. She was getting well, she was.....I don't know what else to say that I haven't told you already. Yes I had to kill Anne, Marshal and those are my reasons. 

*a soft cough is heard and the voice continues stronger now, but holding a note of defeat*

So I repeat, to anyone out there, be cautious of Marshal John Waters. He is not himself in his time of grief and has already displayed violent and irrational tendency's. To clarify he attacked the Doctor trying to help him and then immediately jumped from the roof he was located on, approximately two stories and ran away. Approach with caution if you must. Any word on his location would be appreciated.

*the messages ends on a softly spoken 'Marshal, I truly am sorry', before it ends*

*Thomas press the button* 

So he was bitten and turn?

*thomas release the button*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×