Server time: 2017-08-21, 17:58

Sign in to follow this  

Blender video editing

Im not really sure where to put this so i did it here

recently i started using blender as video editing program since it feature the possibilities for doing so. i did my editing and set up al the preferences that should be to make whats hopefully the best quality for both sound and video parts. now my issue is when im done im going to render it all. i set the save location for where it should end up. now i press animation to render it all, and it takes at least 2hours to finish but ive no video to put onto youtube.

is there anyone in this community that has more knowledge about how to use blender as video editing program and get the video fully working?

Dishes    159

Blender? I thought that was only for 3D Modeling.

I'd highly recommend Sony Vegas over that, just because Blender prioritizes in modeling over video editing. Have you tried to actually ctl+F search for the video? Maybe it's in a weird format and it isn't showing for you.

Vader    13

I also recommend Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere... Blender is more for 3D modeling and textures etc.

true true but it also has its own video editing part. ive gone trough lots of tutorials for making a video si it should be working, right now im only able to use fre software until i can buy something.

I've messed around with blender. But only for 3D modeling. I wish cinema 4d was still relevant

I've messed around with blender. But only for 3D modeling. I wish cinema 4d was still relevant

I still have my cracked version from the edgy days back in the cod community : ^)

Op i recommend just using Sony Vegas or After effects absolute life savers.

I still have my cracked version from the edgy days back in the cod community : ^)

Op i recommend just using Sony Vegas or After effects absolute life savers.

For sure not plugging another community here,  but tbh best community ever. 

To op thread: I hate Sony vegas. They make it to complicated.

i think i might have found out how to do it but it had a shitty quality. now ive to do it all over again with other encoding

I'm affraid you don't use blender for video editing...

Though, you could create an animation, render it and then upload it to youtube.

Have an example ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :

[video=youtube]

WELL in the newest wersion its actually a video editing part. and ive already rendered a video and put it on youtube. managed to solve it somehow after a while, tho ivent gotten the best quality out of it yet

WELL in the newest wersion its actually a video editing part. and ive already rendered a video and put it on youtube. managed to solve it somehow after a while, tho ivent gotten the best quality out of it yet

Didn't know that, i am still using Blender 2.77...

Yeah it's kinda hard to find but it's there well hidden