Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:06
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Rampage

"Walk a Mile" program WIP

Rampage    0

So this is a suggestion.  Staff seemed to like this idea, I want to see what Yall think about it and if this is something people are willing to do.  

So it is no suprise that one of the many challenges in this community is dealing with ooc drama in regards to the whole "bandit vs camp fire" RPers.    

Despite the stupid name of this thread, the concept behind this program is to try to bridge the gap between different RP styles and give people a chance to experience RP from the "other side of the coin". 

I dont think this is the  answer to cure all OOC hate/salt but I strongly feel this is a step in the right direction.  

Now here is how this works 

Have a leader or a member of a group spend one day or two playing on an alt in a different group, preferably one opposite their play style or better yet a group they may have ooc problems with.  Of course each person will have to agree that anything they experience in game cannot be metagamed on their regular characters.

This is 100% voluntary and you are not required to allow people to play with you.  However we do encourage participation.

So here is how this would work 

Leaders of each group can volunteer to be apart of this program.  Each leader that is apart of this can get a chance to play with another group for a day or so.  Individuals or group members can PM the leaders and work out a time to play together.   You can even message me or another staff member if you feel uncomfortable approaching someone.  

So, what will this do?

1.  People that have had a bad ooc impression about a group will gain a better understanding through playing with them and hopefully squash some of the ooc drama

2.  People who play camp fire/ friendly rolls will gain a better understanding about hostile RP.  Vice Versa.  

3.  Hopefully open up dialog, build rapport with one another so if something happens in game people are more willing to talk about it first before throwing up rage reports.   This will happen because people will hopefully more comfortable talking to each other. 

4.  Boost moral of the player base and hopefully create understanding between different types of role players.  Maybe have people appreciate what one another does for this community.  

5.  More benefits that I cant  think of.  

Also part of this, I am challenging the staff team to reach out to all groups and maybe roll with them once or twice in order to get to know the groups and their RP.  Give them feedback and help them improve.  This will help increase the quality of RP.  

If you have some suggestions to add to this  to help improve this idea, feel free to comment.

Nihoolious    1248

There will still be the stubborn saltlords who wouldn't dare associate with someone from the other side, but this is a start for the more open minded people on both sides.

New Moon welcomes anyone who would want to try this.

Cipher    0

all I can really say is yes, I would be super down to take part in this as well as allow other people to RP with Black Fox, even though I've been on both sides.

+1, +2 actually

Dustin    0

I see what you are tryin to do but it would never work, simple fact is ****NOTHING PERSONAL*** say Sanctuary leader Rose, would never RP with say Undead. Would never happen and would possibly add more salt to the saltmines already around

Rampage    0

I see what you are trying to do but it would never work, simple fact is ****NOTHING PERSONAL*** say Sanctuary leader Rose, would never RP with say Undead. Would never happen and would possibly add more salt to the saltmines already around

Its volunteer.  If someone is not willing to role play with someone or try to gain an understanding its their loss.  As I said this is not the solution to solve all salt but if even 1 or 2 people can gain a better understanding thats pretty good.

Storm    215

Though I like the idea, I highly doubt people will volunteer for this merely because people within this community are way too stubborn for their own good.

To be honest, it would be kinda awkward hanging out with people you have OOC hat for.

Rampage    0

Though I like the idea, I highly doubt people will volunteer for this merely because people within this community are way too stubborn for their own good.

To be honest, it would be kinda awkward hanging out with people you have OOC hat for.

Well as I stated before.  This is one of many things that can be done to help.  If this changes the attitude of one person its a success.  People just need to be humble.

I know I would personally like to roll with every group to experience their RP and get to know people.  I think this would be fun.  So I know Im gonna do this.

Cipher    0

Well as I stated before.  This is one of many things that can be done to help.  If this changes the attitude of one person its a success.  People just need to be humble.

I know I would personally like to roll with every group to experience their RP and get to know people.  I think this would be fun.  So I know Im gonna do this.

stop by anytime

200x96https://media.tenor.co/images/3ccff8c4b2443d93811eac9b2fd56f11/raw[/img]

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

This is something I'd be interested in. I'm always looking to learn, and my experience with the mechanics of hostile RP is nonexistent. If anyone'd be willing to take me, I'd love the opportunity to shadow somebody.

CorbSlayer    44

I think this is a step in the right direction in the sense of bringing people together in the community and lowering the amount of OOC hate towards one another.

+1 I'd like to see this happen

Mikey    37

I think this is a great Idea.

I mean i dont have any Problems with other People,but before i joined The Pagans a few Weeks ago,i never had any Experience in Hostile Roleplay,because i thought i would not like it.

The first Days i was not sure if i Fit into it,but now i have Tons of Fun with the Group and i learned alot too.

I think this is a great Way to see what the Roleplay on the opposite side really is,maybe you like it and you dont know what you are missing.

+1

Thumper    0

+1 I can see this working for some individuals. But, for others I see it backfiring and only creating a bigger rift.

Clumsy    226

This actually works.

I used to dislike bandit groups as most of my characters were mainly made for campfire RP. That was what I enjoyed to do. Until this year when I finally joined up with a lot of the people that get crap for play bandits and saw that they are not as bad as some people make them out to be. A lot of people take IC actions OOCly and start disliking a person simply because of what they do IG.

When I switched over to the more PVP/Hostile RP side I had a blast. It was way different and a lot of fun to step out of my comfort zone. I found out these guys were really fun to roll with and I got to experience a side of DayZRP I thought I would hate.

Hebi Kotei    350

It's a good idea, you have my support as well Rampage, +1

Keira    1471

Love the idea Rampage. Definitely sign me up! I am always up for new RP experiences, even though I've played both sides, it would be nice to see how others operate and do their own styles of hostile RP. Or even medical RP I would be interested in as well.

Skinner    506

I definitely think this will help people understand that the other side has to deal with. I used to have very negative opinions of a lot of bandits and banter brigade people until I saw what things are like from their perspective.

The only hesitation I have about this is it requires the participants to go into it with an open mind. If someone goes into this with their mind already made up they will be like "Duhhh shut up fuck you I'm gunna shoot you because that's what we do *BOOM*" or "Put your gun away, lower your voice it's triggering me! Let's start a camp fire and sing you guys because that's all we ever do right?" or some shit like that. Basically I wouldn't want people purposely being the dick that they assume the other side is, basically RPing as a caricature of the other side rather than experiencing what it really is like.

Roach    1659

I support this +1

Frosty    0

Great Idea Rampage. You have my support on the matter. No one should judge the other style until they've tried it themselves.

Slash    87

I really see this working!

I believe this can bring some badly needed change to the community. I hope everyone will volunteer for this and take part of this idea to create a better and bring a more friendly atmosphere to the community.

+1

Dishes    159

I think this is a great idea! However, I feel that some people would be far too stubborn to ever even try this, and I think the majority of the problem actually rests with those people in the first place.

But I totally support this ^-^

Poro    0

Might be difficult for some people to try but a good idea nonetheless. But I can definitely see it working.