Server time: 2017-11-18, 21:23

Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

PSA: KOS Rule and It's Requirements.

That fact that this needs to be said makes me want to bringing back report discussions or false reports if you made a report because you didn't know the rules you got banned for wasting staff time. 

Seems to me once you pass the whitelist you don't need to know the rules any more.

False reports are still a thing, however now we explain the situation and why there is no rulebreaks, and then we ask the OP how to proceed. If they wish to proceed, they get hit with a false report ban. If not, it'll just get closed.

What dumbass is gonna continue the report tho. That's like shooting yourself in the foot, that's why there isn't any false reports. If you report someone and there's no rule breaks you should get a 7 day. I never understood why anyone would continue the report if they are told here's no rulebreaks, if the report is found to have no rulebreaks then it's a false report, know what I mean. That's why there's so many salt reports.

That fact that this needs to be said makes me want to bringing back report discussions or false reports if you made a report because you didn't know the rules you got banned for wasting staff time. 

Seems to me once you pass the whitelist you don't need to know the rules any more.

False reports are still a thing, however now we explain the situation and why there is no rulebreaks, and then we ask the OP how to proceed. If they wish to proceed, they get hit with a false report ban. If not, it'll just get closed.

There hasn't been a false report verdict since 1969. Even though, false reports have been made, and reported, staff has closed them without a verdict. I believe there is even a post saying they dont exist anymore, but I dont know for sure or where, or by who.

If you report someone and there's no rule breaks you should get a 7 day.

I could not agree less.

The rules are kind of meh at the moment and there are a lot of times you can be unsure.

There are also sometimes where people have been in situations where it seems that there has been a rulebreak, but when they get the full picture they understand why there is no rulebreaks.

No, I like it as it is. Report discussions can be good, but i feel like there will be flaming and other unneccesary things. I know myself how it was back then.

If you report someone and there's no rule breaks you should get a 7 day.

I could not agree less.

The rules are kind of meh at the moment and there are a lot of times you can be unsure.

There are also sometimes where people have been in situations where it seems that there has been a rulebreak, but when they get the full picture they understand why there is no rulebreaks.

No, I like it as it is. Report discussions can be good, but i feel like there will be flaming and other unneccesary things. I know myself how it was back then.

I think he meant if a staff member basically says "there are no rule breaks, would you like to take a ban how would you like to proceed" and the person is absentminded enough to proceed they should get a 7 day. Which I'm fine with personally, if they basically want to keep digging for a ban on the other end when there is clearly no rule breaks as addressed by a staff member, then they deserve the 7 day tbh.

What dumbass is gonna continue the report tho. That's like shooting yourself in the foot, that's why there isn't any false reports. If you report someone and there's no rule breaks you should get a 7 day. I never understood why anyone would continue the report if they are told here's no rulebreaks, if the report is found to have no rulebreaks then it's a false report, know what I mean. That's why there's so many salt reports.

Seconded, too many people nowadays grasping straws to get others in trouble disguised as a "potential rulebreak"

People should be damn well sure when they have been wronged, thats what the rules are for yet the ones that do rarely see any consequences.

You get a fresh can of beanz from me dear sir, very nice piece of work

Seconded, too many people nowadays grasping straws to get others in trouble disguised as a "potential rulebreak"

People should be damn well sure when they have been wronged, thats what the rules are for yet the ones that do rarely see any consequences.

Any staff member ever once said "If you think a rule has been broken, make a report". People can't be expected to know every detailed angle of the rules. No one is perfect. Somebody people aren't just here to play. Ya know? "Potential rulebreams" let people learn.

Any staff member ever once said "If you think a rule has been broken, make a report". People can't be expected to know every detailed angle of the rules. No one is perfect. Somebody people aren't just here to play. Ya know? "Potential rulebreams" let people learn.

Its very easy to flip to the rules page and verify any specific rule or possible rule break before submitting the report.

Its very easy to flip to the rules page and verify any specific rule or possible rule break before submitting the report.

I mean you're not wrong. But if you're expecting everyone to do that. That's a laugh

I mean you're not wrong. But if you're expecting everyone to do that. That's a laugh

I expect people to know the rules. They have to pass a whitelist and play by them.  So yeah. I expect everyone to know them well enough to play the game fairly.

I expect people to know the rules. They have to pass a whitelist and play by them.  So yeah. I expect everyone to know them well enough to play the game fairly.

But with the current whitelist. Are people really reading them? Or are they reading the questions and finding answers.

But with the current whitelist. Are people really reading them? Or are they reading the questions and finding answers.

That is a fabulous question, but unfortunately I can not answer it. Its fairly certain though, that a majority are not.

That is a fabulous question, but unfortunately I can not answer it. Its fairly certain though, that a majority are not.

I mean thats a fabulous question for the entire process. 

The only real part of the whitelist is the story writing section. But of course the majority has the generic super soldier or local. not saying its a bad thing. But really to pass this whitelist, you can cheat, and then be so generic you pass through.

No, they arent. They are reading the question and pressing control f on the rules page to simply find the answer and avoid reading. 

IIt might be more efficient thanks the old whitelist but it definitely does not have the sameresults. This whitelist needs to be reworked.

Ignore any spelling errors, mobile is bae

Ok, I'm going to give a situation that happened to me and some people I met and I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me if this was or was not against the rules.

Some people I met and I set up a campfire in a church (blasphemy, I know). Then a man entered the church and we invited him to join us at the campfire, he proceeded to shut the door and join us. Somebody then typed in chat "Everyone in the church put your guns down or we are going to kill you". Now, that is where I am a tad confused as I am unsure whether that was the guy that just walked in and joined us or if it was someone outside the church. Anyway, I didn't put my gun down and then about a minute later the guy who walked in before came over to me and shot me in the head and then proceeded to do the same to the others that were there. Thinking about it now, it was probably fine but it just feels a bit off and so I felt I should ask. Thanks for any help :)

Ok, I'm going to give a situation that happened to me and some people I met and I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me if this was or was not against the rules.

Some people I met and I set up a campfire in a church (blasphemy, I know). Then a man entered the church and we invited him to join us at the campfire, he proceeded to shut the door and join us. Somebody then typed in chat "Everyone in the church put your guns down or we are going to kill you". Now, that is where I am a tad confused as I am unsure whether that was the guy that just walked in and joined us or if it was someone outside the church. Anyway, I didn't put my gun down and then about a minute later the guy who walked in before came over to me and shot me in the head and then proceeded to do the same to the others that were there. Thinking about it now, it was probably fine but it just feels a bit off and so I felt I should ask. Thanks for any help :)

Completely inside the rules. It's called having an inside man and it is completely allowed and almost every initiation will have one.