Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:05

Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

Guns that break lore?

Question

So I was just watching a video about a gun that just came out, or is about to come out, of the Czech Republic, and That made me thinbk about DayzRP.

Then this question popped into my head; "What if they came out with a gun for DayZ that didnt fit the DayZRP lore?"

so, I reckon this is a question for staff; what if there was a gun that came out in DayZ that didnt quite fit the lore? A gun that came out after the events in DayZRP?

7 answers to this question

The Czech Republic is the base for Chernarus. And they'll probably turn it into a CR instead a CZ550. Just like they did with the CZ75, (in-game the CR75) and the CZ527 carbine. It's a reoccurring theme, really, so I don't expect them to not do that subtle name adjustment. So there wont be a lore break at all. :)

The CR series of weapons actually indicate that there's a weapons factory with its own brand in Kirovograd, Chernarus.

I get that, i think it may be more of a copyright issue tho but i could be wrong. 

What I am asking is what if a gun is introduced into the game in the future that JUST came out or WIll come out in the future. 

Meaning that the infection started in 2014 right? WHAT IF the devs introduced a gun into the game that didnt come out for sale, to the public, etc that came out, for example, in 2016?

I get that, i think it may be more of a copyright issue tho but i could be wrong. 

What I am asking is what if a gun is introduced into the game in the future that JUST came out or WIll come out in the future. 

Meaning that the infection started in 2014 right? WHAT IF the devs introduced a gun into the game that didnt come out for sale, to the public, etc that came out, for example, in 2016?

That'd be fairly easy to fix, too.

The ingame world is, after all, set in a different universe so we could just alter the lore behind that new gun and we'd have it in our lore.

One advantage of having a flexible and developing lore.

Alex    451

I get the feeling they wouldn't, though. So far the guns they've released haven't really come close. Either way as fox says I think we'd come up with a reason. After all, in this universe of dayz there are varying things from real life that the LMs have changed for one reason or another.

RedSky    122

Hi there shipwreck,

Like the people before me have stated, the chances of the developers releasing an out of lore-sync weapon isn't very likely.

Bohemia has a track record for picking dates and era's for their games and sticking to these certain time dates.

I also believe that apart from some not well known bolt actions under the masses of the community that aren't american they wont really deviate from the favourite weapons.

As they have already shown they go with iconic and well know weapons.

Just as an example the Steyr Scout ,M249 and UZI are currently being made.

It follows the trent of the popular guns, and as Fox mentioned before hand they based chernarus off the Czech Republic, so they will stay in tune with that aswell.

Now in the case that they do bring out a lore breaking weapon.

Well without any server sided tools which we currently lack, we can't really do anything against it.

We dont have the ability to disallow the weapon to spawn so we would be powerless against it.

Does this answer your question OP?

Glad we could help you get the answer you were looking for!