Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:41

Sign in to follow this  

Dumb Question :/

Question

I know this may seem like a very dumb question but I cannot figure out how to zoom in with the hunting scope. I know how to look into it and everything using right click but everything I try to zoom in doesn't work. I've tried to googling it and everything but I can't find anything on it. Can someone please tell me how to zoom in with a hunting scope?

29 answers to this question

Hebi Kotei    302

Moving to questions

/moved

Depending on your set up you may also bind "Page Up" to zoom in and it will not take your breath away so fast.

Hollows    432

Hold your right click or use the + and - keys.

Pretty much this. If, for whatever reasons your controls aren't default, I'd suggest you reset them to default after taking note of where/what everything is currently, so you can revert it back to normal if that doesn't fix it. Hope it works for you!

Pretty much this. If, for whatever reasons your controls aren't default, I'd suggest you reset them to default after taking note of where/what everything is currently, so you can revert it back to normal if that doesn't fix it. Hope it works for you!

I reverted my controls to normal, I've tried + and - and holding down right click and page up and page down and it still doesn't work.

Hollows    432

I reverted my controls to normal, I've tried + and - and holding down right click and page up and page down and it still doesn't work.

What scope are you using? To my knowledge, only the Hunting Scope can be used to zoom in like that. (Not certain on the ACOG/Red-Dot, etc as I haven't used those weapons much) If you're using like the PU Scope that would explain as to why it isn't zooming- because that specific scope cannot zoom, only zero up or down.

What scope are you using? To my knowledge, only the Pistol Scope and the Hunting Scope can be used to zoom in like that. (Not certain on the ACOG/Red-Dot, etc as I haven't used those weapons much) If you're using like the PU Scope that would explain as to why it isn't zooming- because that specific scope cannot zoom, only zero up or down.

Hunting Scope

Ramon    342

Hi there,

To be honest I looked on Google and found nothing regarding the problem.

Maybe this will help you.

Without a scope you can also zoom in when you are in first or third person with the same keys.

Does that work for you ingame?

Here are my current key settings, can you take a look if they are the same with yours?

C5SrEgu.jpg

Hi there,

To be honest I looked on Google and found nothing regarding the problem.

Maybe this will help you.

Without a scope you can also zoom in when you are in first or third person with the same keys.

Does that work for you ingame?

Here are my current key settings, can you take a look if they are the same with yours?

C5SrEgu.jpg

yes they're the same and yes I can zoom in while in first and third person but I can't when looking in the scope. The scope is damaged could that be the problem?

Deegan    156

The scope is damaged could that be the problem?

That shouldn't be the problem? 

I've had a damaged scope before,

and I was able to Zoom in.

{Edit} Verify your files and try again, there maybe a problem with your coding. ;)

That shouldn't be the problem? 

I've had a damaged scope before,

and I was able to Zoom in.

{Edit} Verify your files and try again, there maybe a problem with your coding. ;)

Idk how to do that.. lol

Deegan    156

-snip-

Idk how to do that.. lol

1. Go to Steam

2. Right click on DayZ

3. Properties

4.Go to local files 

5.c2ab76b559cd41bc1a43a23350bf98f2.png

Ramon    342

Hi Mozehh,

Did you verify your files already?

Can you please let us know if your problem is fixed or not?

Hi Mozehh,

Did you verify your files already?

Can you please let us know if your problem is fixed or not?

No, but I died so I lost the hunting scope so I won't know until I find another one.

RedSky    123

Hi there OP,

How do you want to proceed now that you can't verify if the issue has been resolved or not?

Is there any possibility you could aquire a scope in the near future to check if the bug fixes suggested fix the issue?

Please let us know.

Hi there OP,

How do you want to proceed now that you can't verify if the issue has been resolved or not?

Is there any possibility you could aquire a scope in the near future to check if the bug fixes suggested fix the issue?

Please let us know.

I might get on tonight but if I dont Ill be on early tomorrow morning and I will look for a scope. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Terra    1374

I will mark this as solved. Let us know if you find another scope and still have the same problem. We can unsolve this thread then.

Edit: Unsolved again.

I will mark this as solved. Let us know if you find another scope and still have the same problem. We can unsolve this thread then.

I actually just found another hunting scope and then I got off and forgot to verify my files. I'll do it as soon as I wake up in the morning and let you know.

Do you use a touchpad or a mouse?

mouse

Try using the + and - on the numpad, that's how I zoom with scopes.

Ive tried that

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

If you actually give a shit about killing the person/thing you are aiming at use the +and- key on your numpad and then hold right mouse to steady your breath. Using just right mouse does both so you can't look at something far away for long without becoming breathless.

Eagle    346

-Snip-

Are you sure both your keyboard and mouse are in good condition cuz there is no bug currently that doesn't allow you to zoom with a hunting scope.

Could you provide a video of this phenomenon?