Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:53

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Miscreated Promotion

Question

Jetwells    244

Why are we not promoting this side project? Do the PR managers not want to try and encourage people to play the game? Is their any particular reason why we cannot promote the game? 

Honestly, I regret even buying the game now, theirs been no effort put into once again another project. With the current decline in popularity and enjoyment for others with SA, I thought this would be a nice change the community PR would try and promote rather than just leave it to die after a week again. 

So, is their a reason behind it?

9 answers to this question

I am of the mindset of "it is called a side project for a reason". I'd much rather spend the PR and LM resources on the main event and advancing SA rather than dividing the already seemingly limited PR resources among Miscreated and SA.

Thats just me tho

Jetwells    244

It's being worked on :)

Thanks. Even if the project doesn't work out, I was just looking for at least what looked like a bit of interest in promoting the game. I feel it has so much potential to co-exist with SA that I would hate to see it just be forgotten about again.

I am of the mindset of "it is called a side project for a reason". I'd much rather spend the PR and LM resources on the main event and advancing SA rather than dividing the already seemingly limited PR resources among Miscreated and SA.

Thats just me tho

I just don't understand what resources the PR team are currently using for SA? We had our influx of members with the Psy wave, and its died off again. The game takes 6 months to even get an update, so how can we advance it more than it already is? IMO SA has run its course, you cant do anything more with it unless we have a full lore reset and start fresh again. Its stale IMO so something like this could be a needed boost which brings the popularity back to the community. I remember when we had 4 full SA servers pretty much every night. Now we are lucky to get one full server on a weekday.

Anyway, Rolle, Thanks for answering me. This can be /solved.

Dishes    159

I mean, we have the server advertised right there on the homepage, and have a whole section for it on the forums... what more exactly do you want? Play it if you want. I mean I'm sure it's promoted, but I wouldn't expect it to be at the same level as we promote our DayZ servers, I mean we are called "DayZRP" after all.

I mean, Standalone is already kind of dying, not sure what you would expect from a side project to be honest.

Even if the PR managers did promote it, it wouldn't change anything in my opinion.

Rolle    2456

We're gonna keep Miscreated simply because it's the closest you can get to DayZ experience, it has frequent updates and major improvements in terms of game mechanics. Plus, the game is super cheap (8€) so it will be less of a problem introducing it into the community. The server is also a minor cost (36€) that can be covered by ad revenue.

This is not a side project like Minecraft or LiF which were completely unrelated to DayZ - our main thing. This is a really good alternative that offers similar experience to DayZ, so it should appeal to most people who came here to play that.

I believe Jim is working with some content creators to create a promotional video.

I will also be doing a giveaway for Miscreated, got 5 copies that nobody in staff needed and I can get more copies if it's popular.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

We're gonna keep Miscreated simply because it's the closest you can get to DayZ experience, it has frequent updates and major improvements in terms of game mechanics. Plus, the game is super cheap (8€) so it will be less of a problem introducing it into the community. The server is also a minor cost (36€) that can be covered by ad revenue.

This is not a side project like Minecraft or LiF which were completely unrelated to DayZ - our main thing. This is a really good alternative that offers similar experience to DayZ, so it should appeal to most people who came here to play that.

I believe Jim is working with some content creators to create a promotional video.

I will also be doing a giveaway for Miscreated, got 5 copies that nobody in staff needed and I can get more copies if it's popular.

where did you get the game for 8€ ? its 19,99€ on steam

G2A most likely.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

G2A most likely.

thanks