Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:19

Sign in to follow this  

What's up with this "superior breed"?

Ok lately i have heard and seen of this problem, which is i think another level of bias in the community.

New community members are considered the filth of the community, or at least that's what it seems like it.

People that are older in the community call different other community members noobs or don't even respond to pm's because they are thinking they are superior because they are older, or have some fame in a roleplaying gaming community.I mean its your choice to respond or not, but we all know you do it just because a guy that has 2-3 months or less, is trying to talk with you, i mean how dare they, petty peasants. #sarcasm

That does not make you a better human, that does not make you a better roleplayer.

I've seen with my own eyes, tycoons or hall of famers from 2014 and 2015 that were worse rp-ers then the people that joined some weeks ago, the "whitenames".

How can people be so awefull, i mean yes there are new people that are not good rp-ers, and are "whitenames", but some are pretty good, trying to prove that they are worth it.But other people from the community, im not gonna give names as they know who they are, are blantly insulting people on steam or teamspeak for being new on this community.

My opinion on it, is that this is not the centre of the galaxy for roleplay, and that's why i accept new people, and even try to guide them, because it seems that now a days, few to none people are giving some interest of helping the newbies, and they are only judging a human being by the colour of a text name, or for something that another one with the same colour of the texture or the same time did.

In my eyes that's the exact same thing as racism, judging people without knowing them, and making them feel bad of themselves just because they are new.

Oh and im not talking only about new community members, if someone is older then someone else in the community, and they have that arrogant superior kind of thinking, they will insult and laugh of other members that even if they are old, they are not "famous".

This is some next level kind of judging, bias and "community racism".

As i said im not calling any names, im not trying to be overly offensive about it, but for real, i hope im not the only one that sees this in the community now a days.

Rebel Pado    284

-User has been warned for this post.-

Marcunt    218

Those übermensch you seem to have discovered are a well known breed that goes by the name of: Assholes.

Just ignore them, there's nothing you can do about it other than going on with your daily business as usual. Sadly.

For me, I'll be honest with you, if you PM me and I look at your join date, I'd not respond or I'd respond and tell you to never PM me again. Its just how I am.

Its not a superior attitude as I dont think I'm somehow better than anyone. Its not a matter of me thinking I'm a better roleplayer (do I even roleplay?). Its a respect issue. Respect is earned. I don't care who you are, where you have been, what communuties you have been a part of, how long you have roleplayed, what you've owned, or who your parents are. None of matters. All that matters is your presence in game, and on the forums. Show me what you got. Thats how you earn respect. Show me you understand the ruleset, show me you can roleplay. I AM biased. Always have been.

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS-

Spartan    1019

Alot of the newbies are worse RPers than the people who have been here for a longer time. Alot doesn't mean everyone of course and it most certainly doesn't mean that they deserve to get treated like crap on a cracker. Don't get offended when somebody doesn't reply to a PM and if you feel bullied just report it to an admin or grow a thicker skin and ignore them. Its still the internet...

Rebel Pado    284

Respect is earned.

In all seriousness this

Goes for a lot of things besides a online roleplay community also

-User has been warned for this post.-

I, too, wish I was with the "in-crowd".

This isn't a problem with just DayZRP, man. This is how pretty much all larger communities work. This is how life works. Some people don't want to converse with people they don't know, be it because they're new, or on the opposite team, or for pretty much any reason.

Furthermore, I agree with Thumper to a point - respect is earned. You shouldn't feel entitled to a PM from anyone that you send it to. Posting threads like this with undertone of feeling entitled to friendship or acknowledgement of older community members furthers the "divide" that some of us love to get mad about.

Not sure if that makes any sense but basically keep doing you and it'll all work out. Not everyone is going to be your friend.

Skinner    439

I mean, yeah. I don't understand your point. Experienced people have been mistrusting and looking down upon less experienced people for thousands of years. That's not a DayZRP thing, that's a human being thing. How do you think new constructions workers are treated by veterans? New police officers? New fire fighters? New soldiers?

Sure there are some that are better than veterans, but it's not common. Call it fair or unfair, but you must understand there is a good reason why this phenomenon exists. You're not the first to notice it, but for some reason you felt the need to point it out.

-snip-

Its not just about the join date and white name, its not me bitching about not getting a pm or something like that.

Its that it doesn't happen only with whitenames it happens with older members aswell.

The problem i've put here is arrogance, and people thinking of them as being superior.

I know cases of ex-staff members that got bullied, or very old members that came back and got the same treatment, and i've heard enough drama for a year.

How can you show respect if you are not given a chance, by the "superior breed", and why is the "superior breed" bullying other members that earned respect as you said in the past?Just because they are a new group or they didn't meet them in game yet?

As i said this is not about me, i don't really care of the peoples opinion of me, i say what i think is wrong, that's the point of being part of a community isn't it?

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

There are no superior breeds.

Sam Fields    154

Its a respect issue. Respect is earned.

Wow. That mindset will not get you far, pal. If you show no respect to people that you've had no past dealings with: I can't see how you survive in the real world.

-snip-

Its not just about the join date and Bambi, its not me bitching about not getting a pm or something like that.

Its that it doesn't happen only with Bambis it happens with older members aswell.

The problem i've put here is arrogance, and people thinking of them as being superior.

I know cases of ex-staff members that got bullied, or very old members that came back and got the same treatment, and i've heard enough drama for a year.

How can you show respect if you are not given a chance, by the "superior breed", and why is the "superior breed" are bullying other members that earned respect as you said in the past?Just because they are a new group or they didn't meet them in game yet?

As i said this is not about me, i don't really care of the peoples opinion of me, i say what i think is wrong, that's the point of being part of a community isn't it?

Ex-staff got bullied? Nah mate that doesnt happen. Whoever told you that isnt telling the whole truth. We dont even bully current wh1tenames cause 'flaming'. Noone wants permabanned for that shit. If you want permabanned, thats the fastest way out. 

I see what you see. Ill even be upfront and honest and say I kinda act like that myself. If you are not in my circle, which is rather large, I dont have much to do with you.

Rebel Pado    284

Wow. That mindset will not get you far, pal. If you show no respect to people that you've had no past dealings with: I can't see how you survive in the real world.

what

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

User has been warned for this post

Seeing as I'm twice your age, and probably have a lifetime more experience dealing with respect and people, we'll just agree to disagree. 

Repect is never given. Its earned. Do not confuse respect with kindness. They are not the same.

Shanoby    36

Im not better...

Sam Fields    154

Seeing as I'm twice your age, and probably have a lifetime more experience dealing with respect and people, we'll just agree to disagree. 

I know how old you are, that's why I'm so amazed by your attitude in general.

Regard for someone's feelings (one of the- admittedly- many definitions of respect) can quite easily be issued on the internet. And regarding your first post, you most certainly don't care for new players, nor their feelings of separatism.

Shiro    118

No offense thumper, but the guy is right. Age has nothing to do with it even if the guy is twice younger than you. he is right, you are wrong.

He is talking it is a common decency to give respect towards a person. At least this is what my mother and father told me in real life. Standing above a person that you never met or judge because how new he is to a community is just being hypocritical. I thought better of you bud.

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Praise the maker +1

And you are right, both of you, both you and sam.