Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dishes

Letters from Novigrad

Dishes    159

voO3vUr.png

A series of short stories from the city of Novigrad. 

These stories are based from the lore established in Dead Batteries written by Staggs.

Not sure how often new stories will be released, I guess whenever I'm struck with inspiration, so keep an eye out!

The following stories are written from different perspectives of the many different people residing in Novigrad, ranging from the time before the outbreak to present day.

Hope you enjoy! <3

725x435http://i.imgur.com/N6yN8ov.png[/img]

First story coming soonish~

Ramon    360

Looks good Dishes, I like the art.

I am excited to see and read the first story! :D

Good luck with it.

Autumn    127

Soon™

This is something I need in my life.

Cow    0

Very good Dishes, I look forward to the rest you'll end up putting out.

Nihoolious    1251

Im hyped

Dishes    159

g2sxe97.jpg

[mp3]http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/58160c8923665.mp3[/mp3]

"Mommy, who's out there?" spoke a little girl's voice through an old speaker of a baby monitor, crackling to life as it sat upon a nightstand next to a large bed. The covers seeming to have been thrown off hastily as they hung over the side of the bed. Through the open bedroom door and down the hall, echoed the sound of a hard tapping against a door. 

"Shh shh sh, it's okay sweetie, mommy just needs you to be quite okay?" Came an older women's voice through the speaker. Her voice, sounding more frightened than the child's, as she spoke in a hushed, breathy tone.

"Is it daddy?" spoke the little girl again, her voice shedding a tone of excitement. A light sniff can be heard through the speaker before the woman took a breath to speak.

"No sweetie, it's not daddy... I told you... daddy had to go away for a while... right now I need you to be quite for mommy, okay?" Came the woman's voice again in a shuttered tone. Down the hall, the knocking stopped, giving way to silence throughout the darkened apartment, the light of the moon shining through the cracks in the boarded up windows. The sharp sound of a crack against wood and the snapping of hinges before a loud bang, the heavy sound of boots on tile echoing throughout the house. The faint whimpering of the little girl could be heard through the speaker of the baby monitor, quickly followed by faint shushing.

"Shh hush sweetie... it's gonna be okay... hush now quiet now it's time to lay your sleepy head~..." The woman began to sing in her hushed, shuttered toned while down the hallway, the footsteps grew louder.

"Hush now... quiet now... it's time to go to... b-bed.." She continued to sing until her voice faded off as the footsteps stopped, and then silence. A light thump could be heard before through the baby monitor, heavy footsteps could be heard, as well as the rustling of pads. A faint creaking sound, cracking of glass beneath boots, before a sudden shriek breaks through the silence of the room. 

"No no no please!!!" Screamed the woman through the baby monitor, followed by the loud crying of the child, screaming for her mother and the thick low laughter of a man. Loud banging and what sounded like something heavy being dragged against carpet could be heard through the speakers as the woman continued to scream. 

"Stop fucking struggling or I swear to god I'll blow your brains out in front of the fucking kid!" Shouted a man in a gruff tone, easily heard both through the speakers and down the hall as the sounds of struggle moved to the hallway.

"Please! Leave us alone!" Shouted the woman down the hall. 

"Edvard! Let's go! Boss ain't gonna like you wasting bullets on kids!" Shouted a man from further down the hall as the screams and sound of struggle grew further and quieter. Crying, and the sound of faint rustling could still be heard through the speaker before those heavy steps would be heard once again, cracking glass between carpet as they seemed to leave the speaker and move to the hall, growing further and quieter. Silence again fell upon the apartment, tiny dust particles calling from the ceiling and through the beams of moonlight through the boards. The faint crying of the child down the hall was all to be heard in the silent, dark house, before a shot of a handgun cracked from outside.

(I was experimenting with using the perspective of an object in this, rather than a person, so hopefully it turned out alright!)

WilliAM    431

This is awesome! Can't wait to read more

Castiel    1124

Awesome Dishes, can't wait for the next one!

Sofie    0

I think you have chosen the right perspective. Fits well since we are going to be introduced to different people and their stories, instead of a main character that is experiencing everything. Keep up the good work.

Sign in to follow this