Server time: 2018-07-20, 14:53 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Chaostica

Offline Base raids

As I see the point in this, and agree to a point, The others bring a lot of valid points too.

1. No way to enforce it.

2. In Misscreated there is a lot of ways to build traps, If you really want to protect your gear, build stronger bases.

3. Except for vehicles, why store gear in a base?

And my own thought, how do we know it is YOUR base? Lets say there is a few other people online, me and my friends say ok these guys are online, lets raid their base, only to find out it was someone elses base?

No. Don't make this a rule.

And as quoted by thumper, it does not protect roleplay, it protects gear.

IMO, you loose your gear, you have to go and re-loot, while doing this you will probably bump in to people in the towns and BOOM, roleplay, instead of staying alone building your base or whatnot.

Seeing as we are a community built around roleplay, why are some requesting a rule that doesn't further roleplay, but only protects gear? Thats the question really. Gear doesnt effect roleplay, or shouldnt. If you want to protect a base...protect it. There are boobytraps and all sorts of ways in Miscreated to protect a base.

Well, attacking and raiding a base when there is people in it definitely involves roleplay... Just saying. Not that I agree or disagree with the OP, just pointing that out.

I'm gonna agree with Biselvon and Thumper, here. Being raided, whether offline or online, can lead to roleplay. While online, sure, you have a siege situation but... usually, the people involved will die and bye-bye RP, they forget the situation.

Offline, well, shit, there goes some gear you didn't deem important enough to carry on your person. Hey, why not go into town and... Hey, it's people! Roleplay!

Seeing as we are a community built around roleplay, why are some requesting a rule that doesn't further roleplay, but only protects gear? Thats the question really. Gear doesnt effect roleplay, or shouldnt. If you want to protect a base...protect it. There are boobytraps and all sorts of ways in Miscreated to protect a base.

Well, attacking and raiding a base when there is people in it definitely involves roleplay... Just saying. Not that I agree or disagree with the OP, just pointing that out.

No offense and please dont take this this the wrong way but do you actually read posts, or do you juat skim them over and reply? Because if you actually read my post, nowhere in it do I say anything remotely about raiding online or offline involving roleplay. I said something about gear being involved in roleplay. Just pointing that out.

There ain't no real reason to place a rule like this as it does nothing more but get people on a witch hunt hunting for those that did  or didn't,There is already a rule for griefing so unless they ruined your base while you were  offline  then there is no need for this.

There is already a rule for griefing so unless they ruined your base while you were  offline  then there is no need for this.

While we're on the subject, where is the line for griefing?  

Can we have examples? 

I understand the difference between just breaking the door, go in and take some stuff and go out, and go in and place bombs or whatever everywhere...

But where is the line?

There is already a rule for griefing so unless they ruined your base while you were  offline  then there is no need for this.

While we're on the subject, where is the line for griefing?  

Can we have examples? 

I understand the difference between just breaking the door, go in and take some stuff and go out, and go in and place bombs or whatever everywhere...

But where is the line?

basically you can break down walls etc to get to loot/vehicles or to get a vehicle out but anymore than that is griefing.

This is a community entirely based around roleplay and you're going to come onto a thread based on someone asking loot-driven players to not raid so that they may promote roleplay and you're going tell them that it doesn't matter what they want? If you're getting onto the servers with only loot and exploit in mind, why the hell are you here? Redefine your priorities, pal.

The rule may not be something you can enforce at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't create a rule anyway. Some people follow rules because they are there -- not because they know someone may or may not be watching them.

SEe thumpers post below,"pal";) Maybe you should buy your own server to sit and look at your bases, Or make a section on the forums for venting about base raiding because there are TONS of people who wanna read about those pesky bandits raiding another base full of m4s and 75 drum round mags of Arrrrrrrrrp.

If you actually read the flow of posts, you'd notice I had already responded to Thumper's post prior to you even commenting again. The point is that you're here for RP, so if you're running around with goals that don't support RP -- I say again -- why are you here? Loot-orientated players not only take up space, but waste everyone else's time. This isn't your home if RP isn't your focus, now stop trying to defend looters by blaming RPers for not being "good enough" at protecting what belongs to them.

-snip-

Loot-orientated players not only take up space, but waste everyone else's time. This isn't your home if RP isn't your focus, now stop trying to defend looters by blaming RPers for not being "good enough" at protecting what belongs to them.

Personally I'm just here to gun innocent RPers down. Ruleplay is how I live my life

But seriously, I love the complaints about "gear-orientated players" when literally the only reason these people have bases or stashes is to protect their loot :>

And before anyone says "oh but I use my base for RP" this is what a miscreated base looks like

basebuilding1.jpg

So at the end of the day you can use any house or other prefab building that looks somewhat realistic to do campfire RP in.

Make any excuse you would like but at the end of the day the reason you have built a base is to protect your loot. When it comes down to it you like loot just like the rest of us "gearRPers", the primary focus of both DayZ and Miscreated is to obtain cool gear. RP is what we are here for but literally the game mechanics and game design promote a focus on gear.

Sorry if that was a ramble but it honestly triggers me to hear people who want a safe space to hoard gear RP lose their base due to their own mistakes and then cry gearRP when people take advantage

EDIT: also your post about wanting these gearRP scum to find somewhere else to ruleplay and ruin everyone else's RP triggers me too, because you are mad that you lost your armory due to your own poor base planning and then scream at the gearRP scum of the community to go somewhere else when in reality they are the ones RPing out in towns and in populated areas while the "true RPers" sit in their base aka safe space and rub one out to the metric tons of gear equivalent to the arsenal of the US marines that sits fermenting

makes me giggle a bit tbh

It saddens me to see so many people saying those who build bases are just looking to be raided, that their bases are only there to store their loot. I don't know about other players, but to me and my friends we build a base to safely log out in, to store as much food as we can since we don't want to be constantly spending the day looking for it due to this game unfortunately being very hard on water and food, if anyone has played they know how you can eat and drink over and over and it only gives you a little amount of food and thirst quench. We'd rather be out looking for RP.

Personally at our base our supplies were pretty much 80% food, 15% clothing in case someone died and needed to regear and then maybe 5% weapons or ammo depending on what we happened to come across. Sure we had a car or two that we happened upon and rebuilt but they weren't that important since they can be found pretty much anywhere in the game. Heck we were half considering opening a taxi service or a used vehicle lot to entice folks to RP.

In conclusion, to many folks who do worship gear believe unfortunately that so must everyone else when in truth they don't. I've never been one for gear and neither are my friends, it takes to much time and energy to find that oh so 'dank' gear that we would rather spend in RP and having fun. Why build a base then? So we can have a 'home' of our own. Simple.

It saddens me to see so many people saying those who build bases are just looking to be raided, that their bases are only there to store their loot. I don't know about other players, but to me and my friends we build a base to safely log out in, to store as much food as we can since we don't want to be constantly spending the day looking for it due to this game unfortunately being very hard on water and food, if anyone has played they know how you can eat and drink over and over and it only gives you a little amount of food and thirst quench. We'd rather be out looking for RP.

Personally at our base our supplies were pretty much 80% food, 15% clothing in case someone died and needed to regear and then maybe 5% weapons or ammo depending on what we happened to come across. Sure we had a car or two that we happened upon and rebuilt but they weren't that important since they can be found pretty much anywhere in the game. Heck we were half considering opening a taxi service or a used vehicle lot to entice folks to RP.

In conclusion, to many folks who do worship gear believe unfortunately that so must everyone else when in truth they don't. I've never been one for gear and neither are my friends, it takes to much time and energy to find that oh so 'dank' gear that we would rather spend in RP and having fun. Why build a base then? So we can have a 'home' of our own. Simple.

being upset over losing the gear in turn is gear rping and valuing the gear over the rp? Am I wrong?

-snip-

EDIT: also your post about wanting these gearRP scum to find somewhere else to ruleplay and ruin everyone else's RP triggers me too, because you are mad that you lost your armory due to your own poor base planning and then scream at the gearRP scum of the community to go somewhere else when in reality they are the ones RPing out in towns and in populated areas while the "true RPers" sit in their base aka safe space and rub one out to the metric tons of gear equivalent to the arsenal of the US marines that sits fermenting

I don't play Miscreated. Lmao. I just fail to see how looters can come to a RP orientated community and then complain that RPers want RP and rules that enforce RP encounters --rules and encounters that threaten their ability to loot whatever the flock they want and have their perspective of the discussion make any sort of valid sense.

mostly my post was aimed at Janana calling out us gearRP scum and telling us to find another home but simply put my opinion is that a rule like this would only further confuse people. if there were logs then maybe

-snip-

I don't play Miscreated. Lmao. I just fail to see how looters can come to a RP orientated community and then complain that RPers want RP and rules that enforce RP encounters --rules and encounters that threaten their ability to loot whatever the flock they want and have their perspective of the discussion make any sort of valid sense.

Chill with the OOC hate fam.

We are trying to have a discussion here, it is in the General Discussion tab after all. If the only thing you can do here is label people and flame them because they have a particular playstyle that you don't like then kindly stop posting. It makes you look bad.

God, I wish I wasn't such a scum looter just playing the game as intended

Maybe if I took the guidance of the gods of RP then I could see the error of my ways and come to disregard the primary mechanic of the game which is to find cool shit

To be honest this rule would never ever work unless there were the logs for it, unless I'm mistaken there are none. Even if there were, I wouldn't be in favor of this simply because it'd be such an immersion-breaking thing, "oh I can't break into this place and steal their stuff to aid in my survival because... they're out of town"

Just nah, to all of those who actually play Miscreated there are methods that you can use in-game to protect your base. Use them.

Could always just make it an RP base. No actual gear inside. 

Full of nothing but the Airport Golf Carts and Whiskey~.

10/10

ez pz.

Like I stated, I raided your guys base... A few times... Find me IG, look at my "base" I don't even have a full wall built yet, I run around with a gun that has no ammo. Cause I don't care about what gear I have.

I will continue to raid your base. Why? Cause I can. Will I do it when your offline, ermmm yes, just how it goes.

I say thanks in advance for the food.

I've been raided every night I've been offline since I started. I suck it up and carry on. Shit happens, Like I say, If they have the time to spend 1 hour + on just breaking into a wall. Let them, Got more time than me for that shit. Heck, My group is a raider group who should be tearing into peoples bases, But we haven't yet. But I hope people won't be upset when we finally decide to get revenge for our constant base raids.

There is no way for us to enforce that kind of rule, there are no object damage logs. Plus, it would be very... clunky in character, preventing people from scavenging food when they are starving just because nobody's home.

If someone destroys bases on purpose though, that's griefing and against rules already.

Sign in to follow this