Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Chaostica

Offline Base raids

Chaostica    144

Greetings all miscreated players,

I hope like me you've all been enjoying playing on the miscreated servers. I know my friends and I are having a blast but the down side of it all seems to be peoples interest in gear and stuff over RP. What do I mean by this? Several nights in a row now when we're all logged off, our base has been broken into. Now this is something that happens in a game but it's extremely frustrating when it comes from a RP standpoint. The time these people are spending breaking in could be better spent RPing and I find it kind of lazy to raid a base when no one is there. Come challenge us when we're online, something to further RP, don't just wait till we're gone, spend a good while breaking in then take stuff.

Unlike DayZ where barrels and tents are up for grabs in miscreated it's an actual claimed base and therefore someone's property. I would like to see a Rule put in place not allowing offline raiding of bases. It serves no RP purpose and is purely gear and items motivated. I say if they want the stuff do it the RP way and confront us. 

All I know is that if these offline raids continue and no RP is being found miscreated may as well shut down now as already there is talk among my friends at least, as to why bother playing if we're constantly getting nothing out of this but stolen stuff and NO RP. I can only imagine how other's feel who may have less then we do finding their stuff gone in the morning.

DeeBlack    310

+1 It's a pain, only issue is there is no way to determine whose base is whose so it makes it difficult to know which bases are fair game. Maybe if the game was better advertised and promoted then servers would be fuller and RP would drown out the offline raiding.

Diamond    0

Really? Who cares if youre offline? You could raid in mod whenever you wanted? even on this SIDE PROJECT people cant raid without a thread being made. Maybe thats why miscreated is dying, or the community for that matter.

Noxious    136

+1 I've been tempted to make like a fort that I can defend from raiders. But just scared if I put in the hours of work, for it to be just broken into when I'm offline :)

Coda852    38

Really? Who cares if youre offline? You could raid in mod whenever you wanted? even on this SIDE PROJECT people cant raid without a thread being made.  Maybe thats why miscreated is dying, or the community for that matter.

What?... Dude if they arn't online than what is the point of raiding the base? This is an RP server right? Usually you will wanna attack a base to get a bit of roleplay out of it and start making enemies. If they have no idea who did it what is the point? Just Gear?

Thumper    0

Nah. There is no way to enforce the rule currently. Just have to suck it up. If there were logs, maybe.

Malet    85

I mean, are there logs for such stuff like doing damage to a structure?

We all know Dayz doesnt, but other games like Project Zomboid actually do have such logs - How is the situation with Miscreated?

Thumper    0

I mean, are there logs for such stuff like doing damage to a structure?

We all know Dayz doesnt, but other games like Project Zomboid actually do have such logs - How is the situation with Miscreated?

No. There are only hit and kill logs. Thats it. Nothing more.

SatansNightOut    105

I agree from an RP standpoint. In RP terms, you'd think there'd always be someone guarding or sleeping or working at base-camp. You'd think if enough people got together to build a small fortress, it'd be manned.

But because it's a game, it's impossible to ALWAYS have someone stationed there. So it'd make sense if you weren't allowed to raid a base when no one is online because it's not only a dick move, but pretty shitty RP, IMHO.

Janana    28

Really? Who cares if youre offline? You could raid in mod whenever you wanted? even on this SIDE PROJECT people cant raid without a thread being made. Maybe thats why miscreated is dying, or the community for that matter.

This is a community entirely based around roleplay and you're going to come onto a thread based on someone asking loot-driven players to not raid so that they may promote roleplay and you're going tell them that it doesn't matter what they want? If you're getting onto the servers with only loot and exploit in mind, why the hell are you here? Redefine your priorities, pal.

The rule may not be something you can enforce at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't create a rule anyway. Some people follow rules because they are there -- not because they know someone may or may not be watching them.

Thumper    0

Seeing as we are a community built around roleplay, why are some requesting a rule that doesn't further roleplay, but only protects gear? Thats the question really. Gear doesnt effect roleplay, or shouldnt. If you want to protect a base...protect it. There are boobytraps and all sorts of ways in Miscreated to protect a base.

Cory    0

Even if this rule were to be added, which I pray it isn't, it couldn't be enforced properly.

Tough luck, it's part of the game to be honest. Just hide your camps better or have people from different timezones in your group to help watch it at all times.

Janana    28

Seeing as we are a community built around roleplay, why are some requesting a rule that doesn't further roleplay, but only protects gear? Thats the question really. Gear doesnt effect roleplay, or shouldnt. If you want to protect a base...protect it. There are boobytraps and all sorts of ways in Miscreated to protect a base.

Some people's RP can easily involve particular loots and structures so to defend what belongs to you is just as valid as defending your right to experience roleplay with other players.

Helix    40

getting raided while youre offline is just part of the game but i will say if you dont want all your things taken try not to leave your door open for a solid day when no one was online.

Rampage    0

To be fair, waiting till someone logs in order to raid a base is not role play either. Its called gear whoring.

Autumn    127

getting raided while youre offline is just part of the game but i will say if you dont want all your things taken try not to leave your door open for a solid day when no one was online.

This^

Also do keep in mind, like most things, all problems can be avoided by the builders themselves. Build higher and stronger walls, invest in multiple layers, do not have a ramp to get back out so the person inside is effectively trapped and will eventually have to face the reprecusions/attempt to break down a wall with their foot.

Rampage    0

This^

Also do keep in mind, like most things, all problems can be avoided by the builders themselves. Build higher and stronger walls, invest in multiple layers, do not have a ramp to get back out so the person inside is effectively trapped and will eventually have to face the reprecusions/attempt to break down a wall with their foot.

This is true.  Miscreated has a lot of traps and whatnot you can use to protect your base.

Dustin    0

Now i'm not big on "raiding" for gear. But I do like the challange of gitting into someones base, no matter what game it is. I do know your base, I have personally raided it, did I take anything? I stole some food. Yes you guys were offline, (I don't know who all is part of your personal group) Also like Helix said maybe make sure you lock your door cause it was wide open for a long ass time.

Coda852    38

This rule actually furthers roleplay...can you actually give me one way how it wouldn't further roleplay? If they are online that means the people are online for the raid. Only protects gear? It is literally breaking down the front door to a person's home, stealing their food and items to protect themselves. Breaking the door down to a base while people RPly are sleeping inside, than having them sleep through everything being blown up and stolen doesn't really make any sense now does it? Think about it like when the Governor went to the Prison in the Walking Dead. How exciting would it have been if they just let them destroy the place and just sat around?

When I was an admin on a Reign Of Kings RP server the rules were pretty simple, if people leave the door open feel free to go inside in take what you want. But if it is closed, and the people are offline you breaking it makes absolutely NO sense in RP. If I was sleeping in bed and I heard some bandits hacking down my door with axes do you think anyone in a camp with more than 10 people in it would just sleep through? Don't look at it from a gear standpoint look at it from an RP standpoint. Leaving the door open ICly is a big fucking mistake ICly and anyone can sneak in and just steal some stuff. But when doors and locked, traps are placed, and extra walls are put up for the night, and not a SINGLE person at the camp hears it there is an issue. We don't even know how to RP out getting robbed after that. 

I see the excuse of, "Well it happens in the game so just get better at building and hide stuff better.", Come into play. I get it it's a game but it is also a game where RP is supposed to happen as you are on an RP server. Are all of you really saying you would rather raid an offline base for instead of do it when defenders are online and RP can form between two groups?

Thumper    0

I think everyone is basically saying 'we dont care'. We dont need any more rules than whats present. Griefing is there. If they just bash a door and steal your shit, time to up your security. It doesnt build roleplay. I can say anything makes more roleplay. Doesnt make it true.

Nihoolious    1248

If you really give a damn about your gear and base, try harder to defend it yourself. Improve the design of the base, add more security, traps etc. Don't rely on the rules to do everything for you, it makes you look like a lazy prick.

Wumby    0

If you really give a damn about your gear and base, try harder to defend it yourself. Improve the design of the base, add more security, traps etc. Don't rely on the rules to do everything for you, it makes you look like a lazy prick.

wew

Ya I agree with that. I mean. really no matter what you do your base will get raided. Theres only so many places you can put it and have it hidden. 

Can I get a woot woot for waiting on mod support? Then we can have our beautiful red squad change things up to maybe make base building better.

LoneStarrr    84

Even though I agree with the OP to an extent, the others bring a valid counterpoint. There is no way to 100% enforce this rule, even if it were to be implemented. To report someone for this would require video evidence and evidence to who exactly is doing it, which means catching them. These are extremely specific circumstances that must be met and would therefore make this rule very hard to enforce. It sucks, but everyone is in the same boat and we've all got to deal with it.

Diamond    0

This is a community entirely based around roleplay and you're going to come onto a thread based on someone asking loot-driven players to not raid so that they may promote roleplay and you're going tell them that it doesn't matter what they want? If you're getting onto the servers with only loot and exploit in mind, why the hell are you here? Redefine your priorities, pal.

The rule may not be something you can enforce at the moment but that doesn't mean you can't create a rule anyway. Some people follow rules because they are there -- not because they know someone may or may not be watching them.

SEe thumpers post below,"pal";) Maybe you should buy your own server to sit and look at your bases, Or make a section on the forums for venting about base raiding because there are TONS of people who wanna read about those pesky bandits raiding another base full of m4s and 75 drum round mags of Arrrrrrrrrp.

Jetwells    0

I got raided and I had a little 4 square house, nothing fancy, out of the way, it happens, just had to make it extra secure, live and learn. Theirs options. While continuous offline raiding is a pain, it happens, but there are ways to prevent it. Double up walls in height and density, add traps, wire, sandbags, obstacles that make it hard to even get close. If someone wants to spend 2 hours getting into my base, kudos to them. I ain't got time for that. It's not a big part of this game to raid bases.

Sign in to follow this