Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Teamspeak Descriptions

Should Premium users have the ability to edit their own TeamSpeak description?   

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well to be frank for most of the old timers that donated, we never got to us our credits fully (I still have quite a log left) but you know. Meh. I think this could be a good idea though there is one massive down fall.. It sorta ruins the tradition of no one editing their own descriptions.. *Shrug*

As much as I like it I will have to say -1. I want to keep the descriptions special :D

-1 For me.

I can understand how innocently someone can feel about this, but there is a possibility for this to be abused. I understand that there already is a lot of things out there right now that is being, and can be abused by people, but why add logs to the fire per se? It's just another thing that we'd have to regulate in terms of inappropriate, offensive or hateful content. On paper, yeah, I'd enjoy to edit my description after reaching a certain donor rank, but ultimately, as stated above, I think it'll just cause more issues for a thing so minor.

-1 For me.

I can understand how innocently someone can feel about this, but there is a possibility for this to be abused. I understand that there already is a lot of things out there right now that is being, and can be abused by people, but why add logs to the fire per se? It's just another thing that we'd have to regulate in terms of inappropriate, offensive or hateful content. On paper, yeah, I'd enjoy to edit my description after reaching a certain donor rank, but ultimately, as stated above, I think it'll just cause more issues for a thing so minor.

You should read my replies. Staff is already immature and inappropriate and unprofessional with them, so whats the difference?

-1 from me

I understand staff has left inappropriate descriptions on people, but if you want them removed just ask a Moderator+ to take it off, not too difficult. I've always seen editing descriptions, as mentioned earlier in this thread as tradition and almost a small reward you get for being a staff member. If editing your description is something you're that passionate about and really want it to say something specific, just ask! It's not like a teamspeak description serves any real purpose anyway, it's just something fun to do that I feel like should stay how it is.

since where on the topic of TS descriptions why are staff even allowed to change others at all?

is there any difference from a HOF + changing it to Owned by X or claimed by X, I don't even see a point in staff being able to do this at all quite frankly, hows it a reward getting given a tag  by some random staff saying Oww I own you or hah I claim you wow such a price am I right?

This is silly. Staff has always added descriptions to people as fun little things, and honestly acting like you are offended by other people having descriptions is just ridiculous. If you are actually offended by your own description, just message a moderator, I'm sure they would be more than happy to remove it for you.

Like I said, they are just for fun and the whole point of them is that only Staff can edit them, so it gives them a different feel. But like Keedz said, letting everyone be able to edit their own would just make them plain old descriptions :T 

Again, this is a -1 from me. It's words on a profile on a TS channel, it's been like this for years, this is silly.

Words are never just words when people get banned for words, which is just as ridiculous. Remove ALL descriptions. Problem solved.

Words are never just words when people get banned for words, which is just as ridiculous. Remove ALL descriptions. Problem solved.

There's a difference between words spoken from someone, about someone else negatively, and descriptions given to you by staff about you. Again, if you have an issue with your own, you can have it removed. If you wish to not even have a description anymore because you are offended, you could probably just ask for that as well even. It's simple, there is no problem.

There's a difference between words spoken from someone, about someone else negatively, and descriptions given to you by staff about you. Again, if you have an issue with your own, you can have it removed. If you wish to not even have a description anymore because you are offended, you could probably just ask for that as well even.

Nothing offends me. But, to save drama, you can just take them all away and poof....no more drama. Fair, firm consistant drama free Teamspeak. No one can claim unprofessionalism of staff, or abuse, or offensive material if they all just simply go away.

-snip-

-snip-

Nothing offends me. But, to save drama, you can just take them all away and poof....no more drama. Fair, firm consistant drama free Teamspeak. No one can claim unprofessionalism of staff, or abuse, or offensive material if they all just simply go away.

There's always drama, calling out staff for every single thing is the current theme of the forums, I guarantee you if they are all removed, people would complain as well. Simply if someone is offended by their description, they can have it removed. It's they're own fault if they are just offended by it but don't even take steps to get it removed. It honestly isn't rocket science and it really isn't something to be going on a crusade about.

-snip-

There's always drama, calling out staff for every single thing is the current theme of the forums, I guarantee you if they are all removed, people would complain as well. Simply if someone is offended by their description, they can have it removed. It's they're own fault if they are just offended by it but don't even take steps to get it removed. It honestly isn't rocket science and it really isn't something to be going on a crusade about.

Nah, not every single thing. I let a lot go. Stay tuned, a new season of programing is about to kick off.  

But, 'its their own fault if their offended by it'? Really? Its that what it is? They caused the offense now? Thats a new one. Thats like blaming the gunshot victim for getting shot.

-snip-

Nah, not every single thing. I let a lot go. Stay tuned, a new season of programing is about to kick off.  

But, 'its their own fault if their offended by it'? Really? Its that what it is? They caused the offense now? Thats a new one. Thats like blaming the gunshot victim for getting shot.

I believe the full quote is "It's they're own fault if they are just offended by it but don't even take steps to get it removed". I did not say its their fault if they are offended, I said it's their fault if they are offended and do not take any steps to get it removed. 

I mean she is not wrong. When you are offended by the description you can just let someone remove it. :)

I mean she is not wrong. When you are offended by the description you can just let someone remove it. :)

You can, but it's not like you get a notification when someone changes it, it could be weeks before you notice.

Oh, so instead of blaming the offending party, i.e. staff, for allowing the offensive material, and actually placing it on the description, we blame the person offended because they didnt report it.....thats smart.

Mountains out of mole hills. Just remove them all and not allow it. /solved quickly

This is silly. Staff has always added descriptions to people as fun little things, and honestly acting like you are offended by other people having descriptions is just ridiculous. If you are actually offended by your own description, just message a moderator, I'm sure they would be more than happy to remove it for you.

Like I said, they are just for fun and the whole point of them is that only Staff can edit them, so it gives them a different feel. But like Keedz said, letting everyone be able to edit their own would just make them plain old descriptions :T 

Again, this is a -1 from me. It's words on a profile on a TS channel, it's been like this for years, this is silly.

Yall really need to read my posts. I nevet said i was offended, i just dont like being told im too imatture when all we need to is look at whats already being done.  Dont say we aint mature enough  when immaturity is the standard.

Mind my typos please.

there ain't much difference from being able to change your own description as you can already do that on the forums so why ain't this okay?

You can, but it's not like you get a notification when someone changes it, it could be weeks before you notice.

When you dont noticed it... you arent offended either. And when you notice it, you can simply let it remove it. 

I think the descriptions are fun even though people made fun of me too with that. ;)

Oh, so instead of blaming the offending party, i.e. staff, for allowing the offensive material, and actually placing it on the description, we blame the person offended because they didnt report it.....thats smart.

How often are people actually genuinely offended by it? Really? You're grasping at straws here. When they are added to people they are in good fun, staff doesn't just go around adding random offensive descriptions to random people they don't know, it's to friends. If it's something so over the top you feel you need to write a tumblr post about, show it to an admin. If the "offended" person sits there and just dosnt say or do anything about it, then yes, it would be on them.

RIGHT.... so this subject took a SLIGHT jot to the left... 

[align=justify]since when did people "being offended" have anything to do with this thread? i don't recall anyone coming out saying they were. all i was asking for in my OP was for certain user groups to have the ability to edit their own descriptions. nothing major, just a tiny perk for individuals whom have given so much back to the community. it has been an actually decent discussion for the most part, so could we maybe backtrack a page or so? 

How often are people actually genuinely offended by it? Really? You're grasping at straws here. When they are added to people they are in good fun, staff doesn't just go around adding random offensive descriptions to random people they don't know, it's to friends. If it's something so over the top you feel you need to write a tumblr post about, show it to an admin. If they just dont say anything about it, then yes, it would be on them.

I'm only offering a solution to those that have stated there is offensive material within them. Not that there is, or is not, or that I am offended.  I'm not grasping at anything...nor am I writing anything on the matter, just offering the simplest of solutions since people seem so....adamant about them. Its evidently a serious subject. One which can be ended and fair for all by its removal.

How often are people actually genuinely offended by it? Really? You're grasping at straws here. When they are added to people they are in good fun, staff doesn't just go around adding random offensive descriptions to random people they don't know, it's to friends. If it's something so over the top you feel you need to write a tumblr post about, show it to an admin. If the "offended" person sits there and just dosnt say or do anything about it, then yes, it would be on them.

Content being offensive and being offended by the content are two seperate things, however you are missing the context of the discussion.

And athough your statements are not towards the context of the thread, the logic you display is flawed. You describe people as victims of harassment yet place complete blame on them for not complaining.  That logic is beyond flawed. 

Can we atleast follow the discussion please?

1. It was suggested that hof or ty ranks be able to edit ts descriptions.

1a. Point brought up that users are too imature.

2.b point brought up that descriptions are a staff perk and declaring ownership of users is a sole beneifiet of staff.

3. Point made that staffs current discrptions are already immature and innapropriote thus nullification of point 1a.

So right now the only reasons other ranks cant is because staff feel and ex staff feel it is one of the few benifiets of staff.

So lets progress the discussion from here shall we.

Im on me phone mind the typos.

That moment people have literally nothing better to do than argue about teamspeak descriptions.

Maybe add a poll to the thread Buddy? I'm curious to see how many people think this should be changed.

This is all staffs fault.

But being serious here as I see I am late to the party I like the idea of maybe like a two or three word title or something although I already know the aboose would never make it viable.

This is all staffs fault.

But being serious here as I see I am late to the party I like the idea of maybe like a two or three word title or something although I already know the aboose would never make it viable.

What aboose, care to elaborate?

That moment people have literally nothing better to do than argue about teamspeak descriptions.

Maybe add a poll to the thread Buddy? I'm curious to see how many people think this should be changed.

This is a discussion please dont put.down the op