Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:12
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Teamspeak Descriptions

Should Premium users have the ability to edit their own TeamSpeak description?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Premium users have the ability to edit their own TeamSpeak description?

• Yes
    • No

Buddy    1065

Simply put; i think it would be a nice perk if Hall of Famers and above (Tycoon, MVP, VIP) could have the ability to freely edit their own teamspeak descriptions. I mean.. for those of us who have donated €100 and much more, or have received special awards for services to the community.. i couldn't imagine that being able to change their own ts description is too much to ask. am i out of line in asking that?

[align=justify]i'm sure that others would love to chime in and discuss, thoughts? c:

Randle    928

No it has always been that staff edit your descriptions.

AndreyQ    0

I think that people will go too far with it adding inappropriate descriptions.

So that's a -1 for me.

Melvin    84

I don't think it's possible to just have the ability to edit your description.

On a personal note, I always found it as a tiny staff perk and a small reward for mod+. :P

Clumsy    226

It would be nice but then like all nice things you would have people that abuse it and would end ruining it for everyone else. It would also be another thing that staff would have to monitor.

Dishes    159

Nah not really necessary. Like the others said, you'd get people putting some inappropriate stuff into their descriptions and it would just be more for staff to monitor so, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Plank    0

So that's a -1 for me.

I mean, it's not like staff don't do this already.  :P

Lyca    780

So that's a -1 for me.

I mean, it's not like staff don't do this already.  :P

Very true. *cough*

I think it should stay that way.

Dustin    0

So that's a -1 for me.

Like staff don't go to far with editing people's descriptions?

But still a na from me.

Raptor    173

As cool as this would be, the abuse of it would put an end to it real quick.

Sofie    0

Edit: I guess I'm guilty for not reading the OP thoroughly, sorry Buddy. As long as it's only people editing their own description I don't mind. I do like the whole idea of a description being something others think about you though, rather than you writing something about yourself on it.

Frosty    0

Nope. Staff already aboose my description. I think its fine the way it is. People would aboose it themselves.

Toska    0

Y'all realize he's talking about their own description, not others.

Don't really see anything against it. The argument with "staff would need to monitor more" is not very potent either. You can already customize your teamspeak avatar, which has some questionable content in some cases. Checking the description while checking the avatar shouldn't be something staff can't handle.

MrNine    3

I don't think it's possible to just have the ability to edit your description.

On a personal note, I always found it as a tiny staff perk and a small reward for mod+. :P

It is possible.

My thoughts on this:

It would become lame when so many ppl could change their own teamspeak descriptions.

And also getting to know what the Admins or mods think about u is much better then just writing your own description.

Not to forget, some people would abuse it.

Buddy    1065

Y'all realize he's talking about their own description, not others.

Thank you for clarifying that, Fox.. i did state only their own

However if the general consensus is that people would abuse it with crude comments, flaming and trolling then so be it. It's just incredibly sad how the immaturity level of a few, ruins the potential fun of the many. then again... this is the internet        this is why we cant have nice things  >.<

regardless of the outcome, i'm glad it was (and still can be) discussed. thanks everyone for your input

Deegan    162

Now, I believe if this was made a thing that we'd have to make rules about it.

I'm gonna go ahead and +1 This. there's just a few things that need to be done

before it can be taken into affect though.

Diamond    0

I find it dumb that only people who staff like or  kiss ass get their description edited tbh, should just be opened. Makes no sense to me hahah..

Sylvester Todd    403

I find it dumb that only people who staff like or  kiss ass get their description edited tbh, should just be opened. Makes no sense to me hahah..

I mean, you're not wrong

MagicMike    69

i agree, and to those of ya saying "theyll abuse it", then people can report the desc to an admin/staff if they find it offensive. Gave yall 60$ id like to edit a description for shits and giggles.

Jewell    15

I think its only really funny when others change peoples descriptions not when people change their own, so I believe that the power should remain with staff

Hop    0

Everyone loves a cheeky personal description. Its better when someone else gives it to you there shouldn't be a need for you to change your own description.

Terra    1449

Most of the time I get poked to remove a description from a member. Having in mind that only Mods and higher can set them, I have to agree that some of the things I had to remove have been inapprobiate.

Nihoolious    1248

To people saying it would be abused and there would be inappropriate descriptions, this already is happening. Only this time people can fix it themselves if they are Hall of Fame+ instead of going to the help desk or poking staff members who have better things to do. And if people give themselves inappropriate descriptions it would be handled the same way it is now.

Really I don't see why not to implement this.

Diamond    0

To people saying it would be abused and there would be inappropriate descriptions, this already is happening. Only this time people can fix it themselves if they are Hall of Fame+ instead of going to the help desk or poking staff members who have better things to do. And if people give themselves inappropriate descriptions it would be handled the same way it is now.

Really I don't see why not to implement this.

Zero    454

I like it, don't see anything wrong with it. It would allow me to remove my description that I don't really like. Only reason I haven't poked anyone to please remove it is because it's just a waste of staff members time.