Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Sofie

Accidental Transmission [OPEN FREQUENCY]

Recommended Posts

Sofie    0

In the city that was now becoming their home, Sonja had found a house that resembled what she and her family used to live in. On the second floor, she was certain there must have lived a young girl with the exact same taste as she used to have. The walls were coloured pink with stickers of princesses all over the wall above her bed. Sonja spent her first free hours to clean the room from blood and things that did not belong. One of these things were a small radio. 

The curiosity grew over the days. So the moment she got her hands on a battery, she quickly stormed up to her room, snuck in behind the old clothes of the closet where she felt safe. She gently presses a few buttons on the radio, not quite sure how it works. Hearing a soft buzzing noise she slowly rotate the button hoping to hear voices. Not knowing that her other hand was pressing down the transmission button. 

A soft breathing is heard along with a young voice whispering   " Please... Please work "

The sound of static is being transmitted for a while, the girl having no idea she is making contact over the radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

*While walking back up north with the rest of his pals Tim hears the young voice*

"Well, if it's any help. It's working and hello.."

*Tim turns up his radio volume to listen for further noise*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beni    870

*Danny wakes up at the bus station he is currently stationed at, and tries tuning into the blackwood frequency, as he is changing through the frequency's he hears the females message and imminently feels concerned for the female and grips his radio and presses the PTT*

" Are... Are you okay? "

*Danny releases the PTT, sets it down and begins to tie up his shoelace... and waits for a reply*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

Hearing a stranger's voice come trough the radio causes her to release all the buttons and just listen for a minute. Confused that the man was calling out an answer that fit so well with what she just questioned herself. She frowns and presses the same buttons as before, this time consciously.

" A- Are you talking to me? "

The girl's voice sounds scared and confused while muffled voices can be heard from someone entering her building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beni    870

*Danny hears the females response and feels even more concerned... He would also notice the females nervous voice and think to himself... Then presses the PTT Button*

" Yeah... Yeah I am, are you okay? You don't sound okay... I mean, It probably isn't helping hearing a stranger over the radio but... Yeah, so are you

 okay? "

*Danny releases the PTT*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

She peeks through the clothes and listens for a minute in case someone is coming upstairs. When nobody does, she hesitates a bit before lowering her voice to answer the stranger.

" Oh... I'm fine... I guess? Nono it helps. A lot. "

She sounds unsure what to say. Like she was not expecting to be answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frosty    0

:: Jessy hears the girl transmit while going through frequencies. He smiles, and lifts the radio up to his mouth to respond. His voice would sound British, and in his teens. ::

We can hear you loud and clear, love. Try not to say anything stupid over the radio.. You never know who's listening...

::He takes his finger off the PTT, and puts his radio into his vest. He walks along a road and whistles a song. ::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beni    870

*Danny walks through the town he is in at, fist bumpin' his friends, and hear's the females reply and exhales deeply in relief... He then sits down in the pub and puts his radio to his mouth, and presses the PTT button*

" Well uh... That's uhh, good to know I guess, so I guess.. My name's Danny? Did you mean to speak into the radio? I mean, I was flicking through frequency and heard so umm, are you sure you're oka..

*You would hear a man shouting " Oi Oi Danny " with laughter*

" *he would be laughing at the man shouting* So, you sure you're all good? " 

*He would release the PTT Button*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

Sonja smiles a bit hearing the strangers being nothing like she expected, kind. Even so, she decides to ignore the questions about how she is feeling. 

" So I guess anyone who wants to can hear us now, huh? "

She pauses for a second. The thought making her feel a bit insecure about contacting strangers on the radio.

" I had no idea you could hear me... Does this mean we are close? "

The sound of footsteps on the stairs causes her to gasp and quickly turn the radio off. She hides it in a pocket of a winter coat before she crawls out of the closet to not seem suspicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   10

*Jacket switches between the frequencies as suddenly stumbling upon this one, He chuckles as listening through, deciding to speak after a few moments, His voice would be rather clear and young sounding.*

'Heh... I remember my first time discovering how to use the radio professionally, *Short chuckle*

The radio is long ranged, unlike the walkie talkies, so perhaps... we all are not that close.

Funny to hear more people over the radio than seeing them around the world.'

*Jacket remains on the frequency during the time being, Letting go of the button.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

* Picks up radio, not knowing that anybody was on the line until that moment*

The fuck's goin on here? this is the most people ive heard on a radio since.... well since ever! *said in a shocked manner*

*holds radio closely to ear and waits for response*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-snip-

*As Tim picks up his radio you hear a light chuckle before a deep sigh*

"Professionally pressing a button on a radio? Someones certainly special. Maybe stick to finding a new helmet to keep 

whats left of your brain undamaged.."

*You hear laughing in the background of Tim's broadcast as he takes a breath to reply to the young woman*

"Listen, sweetheart here's a couple of tips to abide by while on the radio unless speaking to friends. One, never use your name unless you fancy a bit of trouble. Two, don't broadcast openly about your settlement if you have one. Chances are you'll get frequent visitors and they won't be nice. Three, if they sound like a cunt they're probably a cunt."

"Need anything, give me a shout. The names Tim."

*Tim places his radio back on his belt and continues to chat with the rest of his pals*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiles    20

Stiles flicks through his radio before coming across this frequency, he listens to everyone chyme in and wait until he hears silence, he then speaks, the sound of a teenage boy's voice is heard, he sounds worn out, like hes been running forever, or hasn't slept in weeks.

"Don't make the same mistake as me, watch what you say through here, *He coughs.* watch who you trust too."

He collects his things up, places his bag back on his back and begins to walk.

"Only so much someone can take, right?"

The transmission ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Servous    3

Richard smiled, hearing voices after flicking through ffrequencies. He pressed the PTT. Music could be heard being played off and old cassette player.

All we hear is Radio ga ga

Radio goo goo

Radio ga ga

All we hear is Radio ga ga

Radio blah blah

Radio, what's new?

Radio, someone still loves you!

He sand sang along with the lyrics, his thick northern accent coming through clearly before removing his finger from the PTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-Snip-

*Tim picks up the radio upon hearing a cracking tune*

"Great song, good choice. I too have a tape with their greatest hits funnily enough."

"Shame your shit voice singing along ruined it."

*Tim places his radio back on his belt while chuckling to himself*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

Sonja had spent most of the day in the closet listening to the radio, excited to hear so many different voices. The singing made her laugh quietly to herself before she held down the button that she had now learned was transmitting her voice.

" But Tim... You just did exactly what you advised me not to do.  Do you fancy trouble?"

She smiles and continues speaking to the ones listening. 

" You can keep on calling me sweetheart then. I wish to keep bad people away from my friends, so let's not talk more about them... I just wanted to know that the world wasn't as deserted as it seemed. "

Hearing the stranger offering his help in such desperate times were so tempting she couldn't stop herself from taking it.

" Insulin. I need insulin... My stock is running low and my life depends on it. Do you know where I can find this? " 

Her voice sounds serious but nervous since people now knew about her flaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Servous    3

Richard flicked the butt of his cigarette into the fire place as he has done many times that day. He picked up his rifle that layelayed rested across his lap and put on his cap, pressing the PTT.

Insulin...almost as rare as cigarettes nowadays.

He released the PTT button, pushing himself out of the tired old armchair and made his way to the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-Snip-

*Sat in an old wooden chair found in a barn leaning back on its two back legs Tim pulls his radio from his belt with a smirk on his face*

"Trouble? You could say it's my middle name, nothing like a good old fight. As for the world being deserted, it's far from it. Just full of scum at this point."

*Tim pauses shortly and checks his pad for previous medical frequencies.*

"As for the insulin, I'll see what I can do. I have plenty of ammo spare which is mostly the currency at the moment so I'll see if I can't sort something out. I'll let you know, sweetheart."

*Tim leans forward in his chair bringing all the legs to the floor, places his radio back on his belt and begins to flick back through the list of frequencies he's acquired. He then pulls out his ammo box to count the spare rounds and then sets off to find a dealer.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

The bad news causes Sonja to sigh.

" That's not good... I was hoping to find some hospitals or pharmacies close by but I have no idea where I am... " 

The man offering his help makes her believe that not everyone can be scums, despite recent events.

" Thank you, Tim. I will try my best to stay close to the radio in case you contact me any further. "

She turns off the radio and hides it again, feeling the need to be with the others not to be suspicious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-Snip-

*Tim, finishing a deal with a member of his group picks up his radio and tunes into the radio hoping the woman is listening*

"It's me, again.. Anywho, I made contact with someone within my group and they have a small stock of Insulin available. I managed to barter for 3 with what I had to spare, he has more and I will be getting it from him but of course finding rounds takes a little bit of time."

*Tim grunting as he picks up his pack and rifle sounding like a struggle due to lack of rest*

"Like I said I have 3 of what you need.. All I need is a time and place and I'll set off. Might have a friend or two just for safe keeping, announcing I have such a highly needed medicine wasn't the best idea but if you're in need I'll make the trip."

*He lets out a hefty sigh*

"Your move, sweetheart."

*He places his radio back on his belt and leans against a beam within a barn awaiting a response*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Servous    3

Richard chuckled, he kicked a loose stone off the road and into the gravel ditchs on his right. Flicking 

another smoked cigarette into the window of a burnt out car, he grabbed his radio.

Do you really think you can trust this guy? I wouldn't. 

He clipped his radio back onto his vest and carried on walking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

She had not been able to leave the house afraid to be missing out on important information. Walking up and down the stairs to check her radio. Luckily she timed it perfectly with the man's response.

" That's was quick... Three injections you say... I wish I could ration it, but sadly I don't have that option. " 

Her heart pounds hard in her chest as she is trying to make up a plan for making this work without involving the group.

" I don't know where you are out there Tim. Hopefully, you are able to see the same as I do in the distance. There are six apartment buildings standing on a hill top, reaching so far into the sky I'm sure you can see them from miles away. I do not know the name of this place nor if the trip will take long for you to make. Leave the injections by the entrance of the building closest to the road exiting the city. I will give you a few days to do this and go up there afterwards. Hopefully, to find them when there is no one else around. I can never know for sure who might show up. I'm sorry..."

Sonja apologises and leans the back of her head against the closet wall. Hoping for this to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-Snip-

*Tim snatches at his radio and letting his anger get the better of him replies with haste and without thinking*

"Wouldn't trust me? Listen to me you slimy little cunt I'll drag my hook across your chest and rip out your festering heart and shove it down your throat. Speak out of place again and we'll be having a problem."

*A short but heavy breath is heard as Tim begins to calm down*

"People with short tempers aren't those you should pick fights with, friend. Nor call them untrustworthy."

*He slams his radio down on the stone window frame causing the radio to crack slightly*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Servous    3

*He chuckled, picking up his radio.*

That is why I wouldn't trust him. Did you not hear that outburst? 

*He chuckled again before letting off the PTT.*

[align=left](On phone, cba to do colour text anymore.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexi    1313

-Snip-

*Tim hears the instructions loud and clear but proceeds to shake his head and begins to talk into his radio*

"Unfortunately due to this being a highly requested and expensive bit of medicine I cannot and will not be leaving what I have for just about anyone to come along and snatch them up, sorry to say but this will have to be a direct hand over to yourself or someone else."

*Tapping can be heard from Tim's side of the radio as he continuously taps his leg with his hand as he thinks of how he can go about this meet*

"Not quite sure how urgently you need it but as said before.. Time, place and I'll try to be there on time. Apologies if this is pushing your boundaries but as I said before, this isn't easy nor is it cheap to come by.. Ignore what the little cunt said before, I have a short temper but can be trusted I assure you no harm will come to those you consider your friends or yourself, sweetheart."

*Releasing the talk button Tim begins to pace, awaiting the reply from the woman*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×