Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:33

Sign in to follow this  

Interview with Voodoo

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Voodoo

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

Cant really say there is anything unique about myself. I'm 26 and have been working in the National Health Service for just over 7 years, a majority of that time in pharmacy manufacturing making all kinds of drugs some that can be said and some that I'm legally not allowed to disclose. I guess a cool thing from my time in the job was that I can say I weighed out cocaine and diluted it down with saline into eye drops.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

I cant really say I'm mostly interested in one section, each section of the forums can be interesting depending on the content. General discussion and suggestion sections can be interesting as they can help see other members opinions and what can be done to improve on an already successful community, radio chatter can help understand what's happening on the servers and introduction section can help see how the community is increasing in numbers or to say goodbye to someone you may remember in the past.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

Much like a lot of people back in the mod days. I watched an episode of PsiSyndicate and decided to join the community.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Quite a few over the past 3 years, some got permabanned and some just distanced themselves from the community but a majority are still around.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Not something really to be added but id love to see abit more freedom in the creation of groups with the staff team being abit more lenient. Some of my best memories from the mod days were from groups that would now not likely make it through the process due to not being 100% lore friendly or not meeting the image that is wanted on the servers.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

I hate to say it but it has to be from the old days. The battles at Altar castle, the fear generated when seeing SDS running over a hill towards you. It was a time when every person you met had you on your toes unsure what to expect, it wasn't all firefights like many would say it was more of an immersive experience that really had your heart going even from general environmental threats such as the infected. So far Standalone hasn't really competed with it but I'm hoping with each patch we will get closer to that more traditional feel.

One of my most memorable experiences of the past however has to be when I was leading 501st during 2013 and I had just recruited Kanen (Now a good friend). We were giving him his trial, roaming the NWAF, I had just got up on the roof of the ATC chased by an infected climbing up the ladder. Kanen (armed with a bizon) tells me not to worry and that he will kill the infected that was now on the roof with me. From 300m or more he fires a shot, straight into my characters head mistaking me for the infected. He was worried as he was new to the group but the rest of us just fell about laughing and its one of them memories that will always stay.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

I don't really record much unless its for a report but there have been the odd times such as:

Why initiate?

[video=youtube]

and

[video=youtube]

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

[video=youtube]

We were all speechless after it really but looking back it was quite funny.

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~ 

Explore other areas other than the middle of the map. There are a lot of places all over that are quite incredible but rarely seen as many stay in the popular destinations. Also id have to say try sneaking around, it can be really fun and gets the heart racing when trying to get around a camp created by a group without being detected, you just have to have a lot of Patience.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why? ~

There are too many to choose from that I really cannot decide. From one of the old imperial dragons to some of the characters we would have around Altar castle there are way to many to choose from.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

I really like the Vybor area but recently have found a lot of places to the North that are really interesting to explore.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

Its a unique community with many members all here just to relax and RP. Yes it has its ups and downs but the community always feels united and welcoming.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

I regret handing the 501st ownership over. It was the first group I joined back in 2013, I was the 3rd member brought in and over the months I took over the group from its leader that was too busy to lead it. I lead it through what I believe was the groups golden age aswell as the communities. I don't regret giving the group to the members I did at the time but looking back I wish it ended with my leadership so that it could be brought back for Standalone by myself. I'm sure if that was the case the 501st lead by me again for Standalone would be seeing a decent run on the servers after being left in an archive for many months/years. However that wasn't the case and it became a group that switched leadership a lot and eventually got associated with just banditry and green mountain which was never the base ideology of the group to begin with.

I also regret leaving staff on two occasions most memorably the first time when I could have potentially got an admin spot. Frustration and uncertainty were pretty much my reasons for leaving on both occasions but looking back at it I made GM twice working up all the ranks, I never expected to even get to GM the first time but now I really regret not pushing on abit further for that Admin rank, not knowing how things would be like. Its not because of selfishness or prestige but more that I believe (and many others over them 2 years) that I have/had the ability to make a good Admin but never got the opportunity or stayed long enough to achieve it and prove to myself that I could do the job and to a sufficient standard.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Stay away from banditry for atleast a month and keep reading up on guides. As glamorous as it is to do banditry it is tough on these servers and a general slip up can mean a report. Don't rush to rob someone ingame take the time to learn how the community operates. I really advise to join a group that matches your play style it is a great way to make friends and to learn from experienced members that have been through it all.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

I would like to see the mentor system being fully introduced with selected members that have experience. Some new players may find it abit intimidating to join the helpdesk whereas a list of dedicated mentors will be able to help newcomers via PM or through a question thread.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

The moment we've all been waiting for

Good interview

Nice interview Voodoo.

Majoo    645

Nice interview Voodoo :)

Nice interview man :)

Good read Voodoo. Actually something to read and was pretty interesting. A 300m shot with a Bizon is impressive I must say :D

Phoenix    1057

Finally.

That RDM Suicide Video was one of my favourite memories from Outrun times :D

Poor Plank, Papa Bless.

Kanen    108

I am a Bizon god, Haha thats gotta be one of the best memories from back in the day... Good interview my brethren.

VooWho?

:troll:

Good interview.

Ghost    8

Voodoo Remember the Al-Takizh raid with them crashing all the heli's and the plane into us.

Kanen    108

Voodoo Remember the Al-Takizh raid with them crashing all the heli's and the plane into us.

When they got b-17 to sneak one into our camp so they could plant a satchel charge also fuck man so many good memories.

GaryCash    24

I hope the mentor system you mention is something we see soon

Great interview was an entertaining read

Ghost    8

When they got b-17 to sneak one into our camp so they could plant a satchel charge also fuck man so many good memories.

I think that was probably one of the best if not the best settlement raid in the mod days.

Helix    35

solid interview voodoo good to see an interview on an old community member and learn some new stuff about them.

The interview nobody wanted but the one we needed

Sweet interview voodoo

Keira    1046

Thanks for the interview Alex!

Hagger    117

So do people just get interviewed through a random selection process?

Yes, a random generator gives out a user ID and the person gets interviewed. You don't have to take part in interview if you don't want to.

Yes, a random generator gives out a user ID and the person gets interviewed. You don't have to take part in interview if you don't want to.

To my knowledge, the different people who handle the "interviews" have different ways of selecting people, or at least they did several months ago. The random number generator just being one of those ways.

To my knowledge, the different people who handle the "interviews" have different ways of selecting people, or at least they did several months ago. The random number generator just being one of those ways.

Admins use random number generator because they have access to all UID's in one place, GM's just have to randomly pick via the forums or ts.

saVageSam    3

Awesome :D I'm looking forward to that.