Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:42
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Raio Boss

raiding and griefing rules

Raio Boss    1

I know this would be difficult to enforce but since we cannot basically defend our tents due to no building system implemented in the game, I think there should be some rules.. I'm gonna tell you what happened to me and my friend..

We had like 3 tents, one was big. I logged in and it disappeared and it was full of stuff, like, a lot.. If the tent was stolen (and i guess it was, since the others are still here..) they basically either took everything from it for themselves or they took the tent and dropped everything on the ground and let it all despawn (while they could simply put the stuff they didn't want into the other tents.. so I tend to consider this as griefing honestly..)

If we had some rules regarding griefing and raiding it'd be better imho. Not sure what you guys in the staff can check with logs, but even if you cannot see who takes what and where, it might be hard to enforce, but I think that the presence of rules can somewhat influence people's minds and maybe we could avoid this kind of situation more.. Just like when robbing people you cannot take ALL of their stuff, I think it should be the same with tents and camps, especially if they are in a place right due to RP reasons.

Nihoolious    1248

I believe that straight up "griefing" a camp is against the rules but impossible to prove without sufficient evidence. But if it has a valid IC reason its fine. Personally, I think anything is free game. If people want to keep their shit, they need to put in the effort to protect it, not rely on the rules. That includes tents being destroyed.

But I do agree simply deleting a tent for the sake of doing it is unnecessary.

Raio Boss    1

In the rules page I searched for "griefing", "tent", "camp" but I found nothing. I did read that staff can punish even for things that are not listed there, but since I'm new in this community (I joined Dayzrp 4 days ago) I am not sure what's been dealt with or not in the past. As I said I don't mind being robbed and similar stuff, but I also doubt that those guys needed like 168 slots of stuff. You need food, fine. You need bandages and medical stuff, fine. You need a gun, fine. But do you need all my sewing kits and similar? Lol

ANd yeah it's impossible without evidence, that's why I said that maybe it might influence people's mind in any case, but I also know after years of RP that many people give no damn lol but it's just a suggestion and my opinion. Also where we live now, well.. we are here because of RP..and it's sad to move into a forest because of this.. yeah, this might be a rp reason to move away, but I also feel like it's just so poor to take such a decision because of this.

Buddy    1063

they basically either took everything from it for themselves or they took the tent and dropped everything on the ground and let it all despawn (while they could simply put the stuff they didn't want into the other tents.. so I tend to consider this as griefing honestly..)

for the most part im fully inclined to agree with your thread and that i believe intentional griefing is poor RP and looked down upon

the only part that stands out is that the people in question actually took your tent. had they just emptied everything onto the ground and left all of your tents there then that would be griefing / spite. basically... you had something very shiny.. and someone else wanted it, so they took it. 

i am not personally a fan of tent thieving nor do i think it was nice to just leave everything on the ground in that manner, however judging by this and several other previous similarly themed threads? im not so sure staff would rule what happened to you as griefing, as unfortunate as it was

also currently there really is no way to catch / punish who commits these acts unless you see them doing it in the flesh and are able to get names / pulse check

Raio Boss    1

also currently there really is no way to catch / punish who commits these acts unless you see them doing it in the flesh and are able to get names / pulse check

that's why I specified that maybe it might influence people's mind and we could avoid this situation more often, but it's a big MAYBE ofc.

And my point is that alright, you took my tent, fine, but I doubt you needed all the stuff we had in there, including sewing kits and similar.. so if they dropped everything on the ground.. they could have the decency to put them in the other 2 tents that are right next to the one they stole. That's it. Take the tent but don't get rid of hours of looting. I'm fine with people robbing, I wanna underline this. I'm not here to whine, but simply to try to limit unpleasant situations.

Clumsy    226

To be perfectly honest if I find a camp with tents and I want to take one of the tents I am basically stealing from you. If all I want is the tent I'm not going to spend time putting your stuff into other tents and having a higher chance of getting caught. It's just a case of stealing a tent and maybe taking some of the things inside of it and then needing to drop the rest in order to pack up the tent.

Now had they removed everything from all the tents placed up and left the tents there it could be seen as grieving, which is against the rules, but very hard to punish without proof unless you have video evidence and their names.

Raio Boss    1

I understood it's hard without video evidence and names, and that's why i'm saying that MAYBE an addition to the rules might influence people's mind. If the staff and the community think it's something that won't help, then amen to that and I'll behave accordingly. This is the main point.

Hex    31

You have stuff, I want stuff, I'll take stuff.

To be quite honest, expect to lose your shit when you put it in tents to people...like me...who will happily spend hours on end just looking for such hidden wonders. Will I destroy your loot horde or 40 tents filled to the brim? probably not unless I know its a groups shit that I have issues IC with, then I'll happily burn it all to the ground with a smile on my face and a spring in my step like some sort of arsonist clown. But yeah, I love theses threads, hearing about how 'Someone found my stash and took everything' makes me laugh quite a bit, albet not quite out of humor but out of sadness that people care this much about their hordes of gear and will actually bring this issue to the forums and the OOC level as opposed to just saying 'Hey thats DayZ' and moving on.

Boy I miss the good ol' days.

Raio Boss    1

I've never said I'm attached to the gear and I've never said I'm whining about it. You steal the tent, fine, but i just think there should be some rules about it like with robbing people. That's my opinion. If you think I'm here to whine then you are wrong. Also because I said that in the OP. I think that it should not just be a game where you basically have to play 24/7 to have a tent and defend it. There should be a chance for everybody to have one also for RP reasons too.

Valkerion    0

The only rules I want to see added for stashes and tents is that they are limited.

Simply put all these people who have tents full of gear that they will never use fucks with the loot economy of the server it also fucks with the stability of the server as a whole making it unstable because there is so much stashed gear to process especially when you walk within the vicinity of such stashes your game basically blows up.

Im glad there are people going around destroying camps because they make the server run better and the fact is you dont even need to stash gear it can be found with so much ease anyway.

Dishes    159

Actually, griefing is against the rules and has been punished for in the past.

1aaed73b9dd48513a620badf2e8be3cf.png

If people come across your camp and empty all your tents, throwing all your stuff on the ground simply with the intention to make all your items despawn, that would be griefing. If they come across your camp though and steal a bunch of your stuff, well that's just raiding and there is nothing wrong with that. 

However, if you are going to have a camp, you need to take actions to guard it and not rely on the rules. There are people who actively go around the map looking for camps, so they get discovered quite often. Really though, it's best just not to get attached to gear because shit happens and we're all here to roleplay anyway, people don't really need M4's with coupler mags in order to roleplay.

Frosty    0

There are rules in place for griefing. Also, you're correct. It would be very hard to prove without lots of evidence. Sorry that this happened to you mate, but people will be people. :/

Mr. night    4

Tbh I have a camp but I tend not to put gear in ot because its more of rp purpose for my group, I saw things stolen from my tents but I don't mind that they steal gear whay I do mind is them stealing tents, IMO they could steak my gear but what triggers me is when they steal the tent as there wouldn't be a point since they got the gear l, I know it can't be prevented but that's my 2 cents

Diamond    0

Well if you are a group and you find a huge base with tons of shit and it looks like someone's gearing up for world war 3 plus you have enemies, might as well take as much as you can and make it your own. I couldn't be bothered to raid bases cuz it's to easy and no fun involved. But the whole concept of grieving is stupid in my opinion. You don't want people to take all your shit don't make a camp. Can't defend it or think shit will get stolen. Don't make a camp. At the end of the day if you think you will make a thread saying your base was raided, don't make a camp.

Dusty    1572

I personally don't think griefing should be a rule. I don't think we need more things that limit what we can and can't do. If I find a tent in a real life apocalypse, I'm gonna take everything I can, and then either steal the tent or destroy the camp. Why would I let other people have stuff that would give them an advantage? 

Anyways, tents and barrels are just loot stashes. Who actually fucking cares if your shit got stolen or destroyed. It's just virtual items in a video game. Get over it and don't whine about it. Not only that but you don't need tents and barrels to RP.

The first rule of DayZ is don't get attached to your gear. People need to remember that and get over the loss of virtual items.

Deegan    162

I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna keep this short and simple!

It's gear get over it, You can find some more if it get's taken.

There's no reason to cry over it...Like everyone says it's just Pixels man!

Bunny    356

/closed as requested