Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:08

Sign in to follow this  
Jade

Our Harbor

Jade    177

qh0IJxA.png

http://img.dayzrp.com/mp3/upload/580abcad2bc03.mp3

ONLINE STATUS

The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool.

- Jane Wagner

People are known for change. Things happen in their lives that mold and shape their attitudes, beliefs, and who they strive to become. Anyone you dreamed to be was within the grasp of your fingertips before all of this happened. You could’ve been a doctor, a mechanic, a lawyer, or a bus boy. Sadly none of it matters now. Now all you need to be is clever, because when it comes to surviving in a post apocalyptic shit hole, the lawyer is no better than the bus boy. 

All of these people, these survivors, came from different places. They were from all different parts of the world. Most of them were there for different reasons. Some were there for business, some for post war operations, and some were even tourists. All of them minding their own business, living their lives as if everything was okay. 

One month before order sixty-two was enacted, it was normal. None of the people here knew that one month after order sixty-two they would all be together, surviving in the same camp. The camp was on the coastal side of Novigrad. Basically three large barricades with one side on the port. It was in an industrial area, so there were two full warehouses within the barricades. Half of each was turned into living space, and the other halves were used for storing supplies, vehicles, and anything else that couldn't be kept outside. The camp housed anywhere from 60-90 people at one time. Some stayed for long periods of time, others thought there was something better out there, so they left. Not everyone knew each other personally. Some did. It was the usual deal when large groups of people were put together, cliques were formed and people kept to themselves. Plus with all the people coming and going it didn't leave much room for long term friendships. 

It was the day they would all leave. Another typical day at the camp. There was much to be done every day in order to keep the camp going. Mostly regular chores and cleaning. People would volunteer for positions so that they could feel some sort of accomplishment. Maybe they feel that they are helping the better cause. Either way, there was a slow rising in the camp of the feeling that there was something better. With the risk of getting kicked out, no one took a stand to say anything, except for that day. Joseph Granger was on his own at the camp. He had no family, and barely anyone to call a friend. That day, it was sunny, so everyone was out of the buildings enjoying the weather. Through the crowd of people came Joseph, carrying what seemed to be a crate of some sort. He put it down, and stood on it. 

“Excuse me! If everyone could direct their attention for one moment! My name is Joseph Granger, and I have something to say. We live in this place like sheep! We do the same things every single day. For what? To make this place better? Behind me, in the harbor, there is a boat. I am going to fill that boat with supplies and will leave from that dock in three hours time. If you want something different, better, or new, then come with me!”

Turns out he had been collecting supplies for weeks. Hiding gas cans, food, and other things. The crowd was silent for a moment, only until one person spoke up. Then others followed. Soon the boat would be filled with people. They set up a radio frequency with a few others that were staying, for when they found somewhere to put roots in. They wanted change, but they weren’t stupid. Whether they liked it or not, the Novigrad compound was safe, and if there was an emergency, they would go back. 

So they were off. Smooth sailing for the first day or two. All of the people on the boat were silent. They didn’t really know each other. Some had been at the camp for days, some had been there for weeks, and maybe some had been there for months. Joseph stood at the front of the boat, looking into the sea. He became dizzy, he started to sweat. His world would begin to spin and then he fell, clutching his chest. It appeared he had a heart attack on the boat that morning. This left all of the people who followed him alone without a guide. They contemplated going back. The decision seemed to be divided, but the people who wanted to go on didn't seem to be letting go of the wheel anytime soon. So they went on. One more day. The water would calm. The fog was still thick. One of the men, Jamison, was standing at the front of the boat, he noticed the water calming. Looking out into the sea he saw shapes forming. Curves across the foggy horizon. Land. He would rush to his radio to tell the others, as well waking everyone else on the vessel up with his excitement. They had found land, and now they had to find out if their journey was worth it. They prepared to land the boat on the coast of the unknown land. They were ready to find something new, and something better.

gLPvrAo.png

Maxine - Jadeboat

Sturner - Simatho

Sonja - Sofie

Chloe - Keira

Declan - Hassan

Vanessa - Rose

John - Aeryes

Lloyd - Ham

Andre - Plebbles

Jared - Ladybug

nmKujyu.png

5fe5585277c5c48a9b60983c749a643e.png84cc2c4cc705ab12aa049e1596b6a29b.png6253113d1befd1450025039372ab32c9.png

a63458d49ad13554ca01a85d43bc4843.pngeee3dc010401e20cd8af4ff0b398840b.png

Our Goals

All characters within the group will have personal goals they will attempt to achieve with the help from the rest of the group.

IC Goals

‌• Try to regain a reliable way to contact the rest of our group back at the Novigrad Compound. ✓

‌• Attempt to make our newfound home safe for when the rest of our group arrives. ✓

‌• Create a self sustaining settlement and keep Our Harbor secure from any danger.

‌• Do not put trust into outsiders.

‌• Help each other with our personal goals.

OOC Goals

‌• To encourage immersion by limiting the use of TeamSpeak, by focusing on internal role play and using character flaws and a permadeath system.

‌• To provide ourselves and others with enjoyable realistic role play.

‌• To bring role play away from the usual places on the map.

‌• Respect each other, the rules and have fun.

OOC Information.

This group is a heavy intensive role play group.

You will be required to make a new character upon joining, and upon your character's death.

When you die in-game to anything but a glitch, your character is dead. Even if you die to a rule break - you are dead. Permanently.

Each character submitted for the group is required to have a minimum of 3 flaws. These flaws can vary from anything i.e you are unable to use an automatic rifle, you are unable to do anything medical to yourself and/or others. The flaws you submit with your character will be reviewed by the current members before we discuss the possibility of you joining the group.

A few more examples of flaws are as follows:

‌• Unable to carry large backpacks

‌• Unable to carry large weapons

‌• Cannot use a map/compass or navigate

‌• Cannot build fires

‌• Cannot craft improvised items

‌• Unable to hunt/skin animals

‌• Unable to plant and farm crops

‌• Has various phobias (Of your choosing)

Credit to Jackson and Castiel for creating the group.

Recruitment

Recruitment is currently closed.

To apply for the group please use this link to arrange an interview via TeamSpeak. If we believe you would make a good addition to the group, we will assist you in creating a character which works with our lore. Thanks!

We really out here

reserved

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

We really out here

reserved

Are we though?

We really out here

reserved

Are we though?

Yes Randle

AYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Goodluck with this Castiel ♥ looks lit.

Majoo    650

Good luck Cas. Looks nice.

wew.

Lore is great read, and the Logo is dope. Shoutout to that guy. Real real.

Thats some good shit there Castiel, excited to see it ingame

William    401

Damn. Seems very interesting, good luck guys.

Aeryes    124

Cant wait to be a part of this group. Amazing idea. Amazing people and amazing choice of song for the group. Last Pale Light in The West - Ben Nichols, straight from TWD :) Loving the lore !!

Good luck Cas & Co, I have given you my feedback verbally. I hope to see some interesting roleplaying coming from you all.

Good luck Cas & Co, I have given you my feedback verbally. I hope to see some interesting roleplaying coming from you all.

Thanks a lot Vector. Many good points.

Those TS and permadeath OOC goals sound amazing. Cant wait to see what comes of this. Good luck!

Ramon    342

Looks good Castiel! Good luck with this :D

Raptor    159

Thread looks good Castiel. I wish you the best of luck!

Bigrat    8

Good luck with the group, I really like the flaws idea and I might pay you all a vist :P

Sign in to follow this