Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:44
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
zelik

Has anyone else started modding yet?

zelik    13

[video=youtube]

I was just wondering if anyone else had started working on modding yet.  I have as you can see in the video above. I can tell you that a lot of things are pretty simple. And if anyone has started modding then show us what you have. Also I have a few templates that I made for doing retextures. If there is a need for it I will release these templates. Also if there are enough modders here then maybe we could get together and form an official dayzrp modding group. Right now I'm working on a gunbag so you don't have to carry an additional primary weapon on your back, more lockable cases and I just started looking into vehicles. I just really hope I'm not the only one doing this

. 8PufaKp.png

Another example

Bran    0

I might look into modding, but not on DayZ just because mods aren't officially released and theres not that much support for mods.

I might attempt to mod something like A3, release test servers for said mods and whatnot

Stradic    286

Nicely done. You didn't happen to get the idea from watching this video did you?

[video=youtube]

zelik    13

I might look into modding, but not on DayZ just because mods aren't officially released and theres not that much support for mods.

I might attempt to mod something like A3, release test servers for said mods and whatnot

I feel like I'm the only person doing this and I'm actually pretty proud of that. When official mod support is active I will have mods ready to release on the workshop and I can't wait. I missed my opportunity in arma 2 and 3 to become well known in the modding community I just hope I don't do it with DayZ.

Nicely done. You didn't happen to get the idea from watching this video did you?

[video=youtube]

I'm actually working with him. He is my model maker.

I didn't steal his idea. Lol. I made it a reality. :)

Bran    0

I feel like I'm the only person doing this and I'm actually pretty proud of that. When official mod support is active I will have mods ready to release on the workshop and I can't wait. I missed my opportunity in arma 2 and 3 to become well known in the modding community I just hope I don't do it with DayZ.

Aye, Im just going to start with A3 because idk, it feels more accessible compared to Dayz at this moment

zelik    13

Aye, Im just going to start with A3 because idk, it feels more accessible compared to Dayz at this moment

If you learn a bit about arma 3 then you won't have a problem with standalone. It's pretty much the same though, dayz is a bit more flexible in some aspects.

Bran    0

If you learn a bit about arma 3 then you won't have a problem with standalone. It's pretty much the same though, dayz is a bit more flexible in some aspects.

ah okay, thats good for future references if I ever want to transition

Stradic    286

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to imply that you stole his idea. I really loved this idea though, glad to see a video of it working ingame. Keep it up mate, i look forward to seeing what else you do.

zelik    13

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to imply that you stole his idea. I really loved this idea though, glad to see a video of it working ingame. Keep it up mate, i look forward to seeing what else you do.

I just didn't want people thinking that I stole his idea. It's understandable that someone would think that. Him and I have a few other things we are working on and I have a few things I'm working on alone. Hopefully I can get everything polished and looking good before mod support but, we're in desperate need of someone to do rvmats. Haha

isocade    90

I'd like to start modding but;

- No modding support

Fuck's sake if the devs allowed it, the game would be pretty much done by now.

I can do coding but only in a simple manner. Clockwork Garrysmod schemas, turning SWEPs and other things into items, modifying SWEPs and building new ones with templates given. All that jazz.

Considering learning more advanced shit just for DayZ but I don't think I'll be involved or around long enough in the community to actually put any of my basic talent to good use.

zelik    13

I'd like to start modding but;

- No modding support

Fuck's sake if the devs allowed it, the game would be pretty much done by now.

I can do coding but only in a simple manner. Clockwork Garrysmod schemas, turning SWEPs and other things into items, modifying SWEPs and building new ones with templates given. All that jazz.

Considering learning more advanced shit just for DayZ but I don't think I'll be involved or around long enough in the community to actually put any of my basic talent to good use.

It would be cool to see mods, but Devs think it would ruin the game or something.

I think the devs are waiting until they have a basic form of everything they want before they have mod support. I don't think that they think it will ruin the game, I think they are more worried about getting their toes stepped on. I think they don't want modders to make something before they get a chance to.

The Marshal    353

DayZ Devs recently updated their server hosting rules, which now state that you cannot access/modify the game data/files (At this time).

They did this to shut down the Russian DayZ PvP server that had modded in the random spawn with military gear in a small area for a fun little free for all deathmatch. I played this server for two weeks before devs put out the C&D notice.

In short terms, this is amazing and I'd love to see it and have it, but... we can't use it or Rolle will get shut down. And since Brian Hicks is in our community (Supposedly) we cant get away with it.

House    4

This stuff looks interesting and i cant wait until we get these things to actual players. Probably gonna take some time but it's good to see some things are already finished.

This was actually the first time i saw someone modding already. :)

zelik    13

DayZ Devs recently updated their server hosting rules, which now state that you cannot access/modify the game data/files (At this time).

They did this to shut down the Russian DayZ PvP server that had modded in the random spawn with military gear in a small area for a fun little free for all deathmatch. I played this server for two weeks before devs put out the C&D notice.

In short terms, this is amazing and I'd love to see it and have it, but... we can't use it or Rolle will get shut down. And since Brian Hicks is in our community (Supposedly) we cant get away with it.

I know about the server hosting rules and I'm not asking anyone to break them. I am completely unaware of any rule stating that you can't mod the client files but, at any given time if they state you can't mod the client files I will comply 100%.

I'd love to see mods within the servers but i guess we just have to wait a little longer :) *cough*20 years*cough*

I little longer? Haha 20 years is right! Lol

This stuff looks interesting and i cant wait until we get these things to actual players. Probably gonna take some time but it's good to see some things are already finished.

This was actually the first time i saw someone modding already. :)

I can't wait either, I'm on the edge of my seat just waiting!

Buddy    1068

For those of you who know, love and remember Tamaster; he had a thread going for a long while of models he had been making for when the time came to use them. its rather outdated but everything he created is nothing short of fantastic!!!!! i suggest you all take a gander ^_^

[/url]

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Tamaster-s-thread-of-making-stuff-for-standalone-cantwait

Kerkkoh    49

See the problem here is that while you can already start modding the game, it is still not finished.

When I thought about starting to modify the files a while back, I wanted to port some weapon in, but then we come to the single problem why BI's DayZ team hasn't released modding support yet: the game is still in heavy development, and this will mean that things like required classes in configs or something major like new sections in models need to be defined for the weapon to work after a new patch.

Just like right now they are porting the sound engine from Arma 3 EDEN update, this means that if they had released mod support a while back and people had already made guns and such, all the mods would break the game after the new update because all sounds are integrated into the new sound engine, and the old one isn't supported anymore. Then modders would have to learn the new engine addition and how it works every time they do a major update to the game. In my eyes, it is easier for them just to wait till they have finished with major updates and then released modding support, so that modders can get their hands on something finished and when they know how to do something, they won't have to learn it all over again in a month.

I still would definitely like to dive into the modding of the game already, but all I am saying is that I understand why the developers have chosen not to release an official mod support.

zelik    13

For those of you who know, love and remember Tamaster; he had a thread going for a long while of models he had been making for when the time came to use them. its rather outdated but everything he created is nothing short of fantastic!!!!! i suggest you all take a gander ^_^

[/url]

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Tamaster-s-thread-of-making-stuff-for-standalone-cantwait

Amazing, is he still around by chance?

See the problem here is that while you can already start modding the game, it is still not finished.

When I thought about starting to modify the files a while back, I wanted to port some weapon in, but then we come to the single problem why BI's DayZ team hasn't released modding support yet: the game is still in heavy development, and this will mean that things like required classes in configs or something major like new sections in models need to be defined for the weapon to work after a new patch.

Just like right now they are porting the sound engine from Arma 3 EDEN update, this means that if they had released mod support a while back and people had already made guns and such, all the mods would break the game after the new update because all sounds are integrated into the new sound engine, and the old one isn't supported anymore. Then modders would have to learn the new engine addition and how it works every time they do a major update to the game. In my eyes, it is easier for them just to wait till they have finished with major updates and then released modding support, so that modders can get their hands on something finished and when they know how to do something, they won't have to learn it all over again in a month.

I still would definitely like to dive into the modding of the game already, but all I am saying is that I understand why the developers have chosen not to release an official mod support.

You're exactly right. Like I said before, they at least want to get a basic form of everything they want and get the engine where they want it before they have mod support.

Buddy    1068

-snips-

Amazing, is he still around by chance?

He has a tendency to pop in from time to time :) I'm sure a mod would reopen that thread too if someone asks 

Raptor    188

I'll start modding when SA actually becomes mod compatible. I used to make mods for the Arma 2 DayZ all the time.

zelik    13

OOHLhLd.png

It doesn't look good but, I have figured out how to get new masks into the game!!!!

mesvU6M.png

Here is a better one when I didn't forget to smooth it, hahaha!

Husky    0

It would be cool to see mods, but Devs think it would ruin the game or something.

If anything mods make games immortal.

People still play Skyrim, Oblivion, G-Mod and the fallout series to this date in great numbers because of modding.

Modding tools for Dayz would probably save it from it's inevitable death, it's been in Alpha for soon to be 4 years which is fucking ridiculous if you ask me, it's a joke at this point, not to mention the current patch has been in effect for months now, their playerbase is rapidly declining and I don't blame them, last I checked there was just about 4 - 8k active players per month, which is scary considering the 3+ Million copies they have sold.