Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:30
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Cipher

Staff members in hidden mode?

Question

Cipher    0

Hey, quick question

Why is it that edit: some staff members go into hidden mode? If a community member has a problem, shouldn't community members not have to guess if an administrator or GM or any staff member is online or not? Some of the staff members in hidden mode may be some of the most active, but members of the community cannot know this, and may overload other staff members who are not in hidden mode because they don't want to take the risk of the staff members in hidden mode being offline and therefore not getting an answer to their question.

So my question is, why do staff members go into hidden mode? And why is it allowed?

Thanks, appreciate ya, papa bless

16 answers to this question

You can always make a post here or go to the helpdesk, I suppose? If there's a CH in the helpdesk you can ask for a GM, or Admin and they should be able to help out.

Rampage    0

I don't really know. I was in hidden mode. It made SweetJoe sad and I don't like when friends are sad so I became visible. All joking aside I feel that staff shouldn't be hidden. But that is just my opinion.

PaulB    1

I might be not a staff member here on DayzRP yet i am a staff member in diferent game server (not Dayz yet RP too).

Situations when we as staff mebers are using hidden mode:

1. We are on "vacation" yet we would like to just take a peak whats new. (and to avoid any issue with not replying on time back)

2. We are working on larger projects where "no disturbation" is pretty much needed.

3. Just too much work atm so the hidden mode shows that question should be send to other staff members.

Generaly to avoid "overload" other staff mebers i would suggest to post your questions on forum or the content is some kind of "secret" information join the TS and any free staff member will take care of you.

Hope this could help :)

Diamond    0

I think hidden mode is bullshit, seems like i can never find an admin and usually its cuz of this on ts

Mr Shank    22

If a community member has a problem, shouldn't community members not have to guess if an administrator or GM or any staff member is online or not?

Well for starters if a community member has a problem then they should be talking to a CH, who will then asses if it is within their ability to fix said problem or if they need to get someone higher up to do it. If they don't want to PM a CH then they could jump on ts and maybe even talk to someone higher up straight away.

why do staff members go into hidden mode? And why is it allowed?

I don't know, I aint staff, but from what I have gathered some times staff need a break, some times they are pre occupied with a task that is important and will take some time, but not enough time to warrant said staff member to step down. But that is just an educated guess, it could be anything, but it really doesn't matter at all. And that is probably the reason as to why they are allowed to do it.

EDIT maybe I should be more clear. I'm going to use Keira as an example, she is in hidden mode, so? It makes absolutely no difference to her job in the community. But that might be considered an unfair example. So I'll use Echo this time, who is in hidden mode as well, so what? You have a question? "First and foremost you should always contact a Community Helper first, no matter what your problem is. Even if it may be something that you think only an admin can fix, a Community Helper will be able to assess the scope of your issue and escalate it to an available administrator if needed. " - Newcomers guide.

DickSlide    250

Well I understand why you brought this up. But if you have a community problem you contact a CH. Either by the HD or PM. Sometimes staff members need a break from the fourms and don't want people complaining about when they were last on. Or they just don't want people stalking there profile.

Mamba    0

First off , if you have a problem that's what a pm is for. If it's important go to the helpdesk. Don't really see the issue and it feels like you're grasping at straws

Rolle    2944

It's a member setting, staff does not regulate it in any special way. You have a list of staff here whom you should contact if you have questions or problems, regardless of their hidden setting.

Ramon    360

Since you have enough answers from several staff members right now, I will solve this thread.

Plank    0

This is silly.

If you want real time help, there's a helpdesk on teamspeak. Otherwise, send a pm. :)

Clumsy    226

Seeing as only four staff members are on hidden mode I don't see this being a life or death thing. If you need something that is what the helpdesk is for. If it's important there are 30+ other staff members you can contact who are not hidden. If you need to talk to that particular person send them a PM or let another member of staff know you need that particular person and they can try to get them for you.

Ron    809

... the staff members in hidden mode being offline and therefore not getting an answer to their question.

So my question is, why do staff members go into hidden mode? And why is it allowed?

5 answers of 5 different Staff members within 1 hour.

Why is it allowed? Because it does not matter. You proved it yourself with this question thread.

Cipher    0

I was just wondering, it doesn't really affect me but I was just curious.

Its already been solved, I wasnt really trying to start anything or go after anyone, sorry if that's how it looks.

EDIT: Actually you can just close it if you want, I dont have anything to argue against, just curious

First off , if you have a problem that's what a pm is for. If it's important go to the helpdesk. Don't really see the issue and it feels like you're grasping at straws

Sorry if it looks like I was grasping at straws or attacking anyone, wasn't my intention, honest. I was just curious, I felt like it'd be helpful to members of the community but I guess people disagree. Once again, doesn't really affect me, was just wondering

Ramon    360

By request of the op /closed

Mamba    0

I was just wondering, it doesn't really affect me but I was just curious.

Its already been solved, I wasnt really trying to start anything or go after anyone, sorry if that's how it looks.

EDIT: Actually you can just close it if you want, I dont have anything to argue against, just curious

Sorry if it looks like I was grasping at straws or attacking anyone, wasn't my intention, honest. I was just curious, I felt like it'd be helpful to members of the community but I guess people disagree. Once again, doesn't really affect me, was just wondering

No , it's fine. The reason I maintain hidden for the majority of the time is so that people don't contact me with PMs due to white listing help or common moderation things. I spend the majority of my time doing reports or assisting with ban appeals and keeping up a presence in teamspeak.

So when I do have some down time I like to play games or do things non staff related , or browse the forums without receiving pms about white-listing or the like. Hope that makes sense. If it helps any I agree that moderators and CH's should be unhidden , because new members rely on them for assistance.