Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:57

Sign in to follow this  

Radio Chatter thread

The radio chatter needs one of two things; the rules need revamped again, or it needs to go.

You can't simply announce anything at all, or attempt to roleplay without some edgy kid coming along, talking shit that he can't possibly back up in character. Its literally became a giant IC flame and meme thread. Just look at it. Every other post is trash talk. Its not Roleplay, its just became a thread of people swinging dicks about, without the character to actually back it up.

I don't think it should be removed because it can be fun at some points, and I agree and disagree, I think if people want to just trash talk on the radio because of IC events then so be it, but I also think that it should definitely be used for something besides just belittling groups or people. Hell thats all I used to do with it but now I've learned how to effectively right things on that thread.

Nihoolious    1106

People really hate he idea of stricter rules in radio chatter. Yet everyone does the same thing: big-dick and talk shit. I do this on certain occasions when it is warranted but not as much as some radio warriors.

The mindset of the people needs to change, not the rules of the forum section. I don't think its gotten to the point where it needs to be removed because people can't handle themselves... yet.

Hex    31

Gonna agree with this post, the community's immaturity level has risen and has been on the rise for some time now...looking at you new people...people need to really take control of this or they should start getting heavier rules on certain things.

Block out the haters. Shouldnt go because there is actual RP that goes on. Wouldnt be fair to those who actually use it.

Buddy    837

i may not be an avid user / viewer of the radio chatter section but i for one have to side with thumper heavily on this subject. there appears to be a great deal of.... "ego" measuring when you skim through a fair amount of what is posted; especially recently. 

tbh the reason i mostly dont even use that section is simply because of the vulgar hostility that's tossed around so casually 

not to mention just how flat out bad it looks to newcomers who are exploring the website to see if its a place they'd like to stay. i mean.. what sort of message does that send potential whitelist applicants who read these threads as a first impression of our community?

it's a great and important part of the website and i dont believe it should be entirely removed, but perhaps some semblance of moderation could be considered?

Castiel    1124

The radio chatter rules were modified fairly recently for this exact reason, if you see a post you consider to be unnecessarily hostile just for the sake of it you can report the post. That forum is designed for roleplay and it's filled with far too many e-peen measuring contests.

I try to avoid opening a tab for radio chatter as reading most of them can be painful, but some times I want a giggle. Personally I find the the idea of having these threads is quite silly.

Hex    31

The radio chatter rules were modified fairly recently for this exact reason, if you see a post you consider to be unnecessarily hostile just for the sake of it you can report the post. That forum is designed for roleplay and it's filled with far too many e-peen measuring contests.

Its not that any posts are unnecessarily hostile, its just people going around and talking a whole bunch of shit that they have no way of backing up. Like making idle threats, making fun of bigger groups, things that one would not do normally, only because the person doing it doesnt log in or just hides and is never seen, making it impossible for groups to do anything.

Castiel    1124

-

-

I know what you mean, it's frustrating. Then on the odd occasion you find someone who talked big on the radio and do something about it in-game, they go right back and do it again. Seen it countless times.

Hex    31

-

-

I know what you mean, it's frustrating. Then on the odd occasion you find someone who talked big on the radio and do something about it in-game, they go right back and do it again. Seen it countless times.

While I'm not saying its always an issue...but chances are if me and my guys found someone after they talked a load of shit, we utterly smash them, kill every one of their friends, beat them or whatever and they still return the next day continuing to talk shit.....thats what is annoying.

Skinner    435

Simple suggestion. How about hostile radio chatter grants execution rights? That would make someone think twice about shit talking on the radio unless they were damn confident they could back it up.

Simple suggestion. How about hostile radio chatter grants execution rights? That would make someone think twice about shit talking on the radio unless they were damn confident they could back it up.

No, that's not the way to deal with it.

We revised the radio chatter rules because of the issue with overly hostile replies, consequences are in place for breaking them. Of course, overly hostile is a case by case basis, and the staff team will base their judgement accordingly.

Raptor    153

So what if they big dick over the radio? They get caught in game, they pay for it. No need to change anymore rules in the radio chatter IMO

Nihoolious    1106

So what if they big dick over the radio? They get caught in game, they pay for it. No need to change anymore rules in the radio chatter IMO

Let's be honest though, a lot of people who big dick on the radio never get caught in game because they don't log in.

Raptor    153

Let's be honest though, a lot of people who big dick on the radio never get caught in game because they don't log in.

Truuu. But when they do they look like idiots.

Had this idea while i was daydreaming in the math leture. +1

The radio is OOC memeing and yelling get fucked kid and stay mad  or big dicking and shit it's fucking dumb tbh, new rules would be good or just like not memeing or being a retard on the radio tbh.

Carlosdmc    0

I'd like to see the radio chatter to have more trading opportunities, most the radio chatter is about "don't fuck with us" broadcasts.

I can actually agree to this. Reading through the Radio Chatter today seemed like it was just one hostility after another with people big dicking everything. I have seen a select amount of people using it with actual RPing elements to it but thats only a few people.

I think that the rules do need to be tweaked a little but I can't really think of how they can be tweaked enough to stop it being such a hostile area

to be honest with you I don't personally mind the roast sessions on radio chatter, I've been guilty of "big-dicking" or triggering people for the sake of it at times, gives people an IC reason to initiate if they ever find them in-game and it's a good stress relief method tbh

but I get your point. sometimes it does get a bit too edgy for no reason other than they can because it's not actually in-game and it isn't being said "in-person"

to be honest with you I don't personally mind the roast sessions on radio chatter, I've been guilty of "big-dicking" or triggering people for the sake of it at times, gives people an IC reason to initiate if they ever find them in-game and it's a good stress relief method tbh

but I get your point. sometimes it does get a bit too edgy for no reason other than they can because it's not actually in-game and it isn't being said "in-person"

for me its more about the people who big dick on the radio and can't back it up in game or don't expect and consequences

You do big dick on the radio but atleast I know you can back it up

Fenrir    42

I'm a little confused, everyone here is stating terms like "Big Dicking" ect

Where is this big dicking? Can someone quote and or reference the actual instances of this so called big dicking? Lets face it, if its as rampant as y'all make out i'm honestly surprised no one has quoted something already...

I mean I could state this, that and the other all day long, but words are wind, and the only proof is whats in the pudding.

This whole thing just seems salty as fuck if you ask me. Otherwise someone would have drafted a cohesive and collective response, encompassing examples of said "Big dicking" stating exactly how these individuals are bending the current rule set to be able to "Big dick instead of roleplay" thus the current rule set needs to be changed...

Instead what do we have? Bland overarching statements that have little to no contextual evidence backing them up alongside no attempt to state what the current rules are and how they are being abused...

Para    180

The radio chatter needs one of two things; the rules need revamped again, or it needs to go.

You can't simply announce anything at all, or attempt to roleplay without some edgy kid coming along, talking shit that he can't possibly back up in character. Its literally became a giant IC flame and meme thread. Just look at it. Every other post is trash talk. Its not Roleplay, its just became a thread of people swinging dicks about, without the character to actually back it up.

I'm a +1 to the rules revamp. I don't do public broadcasts because regardless of what you do somebody waves their dick around as much as possible. Most of the time this dick waving adds nothing at all ICly. I think the radio chatter has its uses but the rules surrounding it need to be more strict.

Keira    1024

I'm a +1 to the rules revamp. I don't do public broadcasts because regardless of what you do somebody waves their dick around as much as possible. Most of the time this dick waving adds nothing at all ICly. I think the radio chatter has its uses but the rules surrounding it need to be more strict.

Rolle did put new rules in place for this here.

If you think someone is breaking a rule in the radio chatter, please use the report button.

I myself do think the radio chatter rules could use another revamp, though. Some hostile RP in the radio chatter is legitimate while some is unnecessary and possibly fueled by OOC motivations. It can be hard to tell if the characters have a history or not or if their groups are enemies (as an outsider who does not know what RP has occurred). I'm not sure what rule could be implemented to determine the difference between the two though. Making sure people utilize the report button if someone is being overly hostile over radio chatter towards them with absolutely no previous RP or lack of RP reason for acting in such a way is probably a good start. I do not think people in the apocalypse would have the time to sit around and troll on radio frequencies so that should be kept in mind too.