Sign in to follow this  

Mikey's Journal

Journal

Michael “Mikey” Branson

Black Fox Expeditionary Force

300x200http://i.imgur.com/wOkFvmr.png[/img]

--

Day 1:

Our official entry to South Zagoria, Team regrouped on a road Jeremiah dubbed The Northern Highway. We moved towards a nearby city called Novaya Petrovka, the city seemed dead and had no signs of survivors, along with only a few infected. The town city was home to five large Soviet Housing Blocks, which to my surprise had been stripped bare. Andrew and I managed to scavenge a few tents which we hauled all the way to the FOB. Novaya seemed to be a decent fall back for us if things went south, had a nice compound just east of the city, and seems like a good decision to scope it out in the future. Spotted a large office building which I want to check out at a later date, bring a few of the Force up to check it out, could be a goldmine for all we know, expecting it to be crawling with the infected though.

As we moved through the more countryside parts of the region, to reach the FOB and the Expedition members already there, Jeremiah pointed out to us how beautiful this country is and by god was he right, seems like such a peaceful place, it must have been before all of this went down. Makes me wonder if it will ever be the same again. As we closed in on the FOB, Grishino, We met the few members which had gone ahead of us to scope the town out and they said it looked clear enough and defend-able. This was music to my ears, didn’t want to be lugging that tent round anymore, we set up the camp and got settled in, cleared out the town of any lingering infected and regrouped back at the camp. We planned out moving onto the airfield at night and assembled a scout team to go up to it. We moved in pairs, I took Andrew as my pair again, I like that guy and he and Lance are the two that have grown on me the most, even if I did fight Lance in Prison. The airfield was much larger than I expected, loads of hangers, barracks and a huge tent complex at the North Side. As we converged on the tents, Aaron pointed out that there were two people skulking around the tents, we considered leaving them be but we eventually decided to confront them, two heavily armed men, gas masks and no lights. They acted very weirdly and seemed like they were ready to raise their guns on the whole team, I didn’t like it one bit.

After returning from the airfield, we we’re greeted by Chicken and Steak, cooked by Bernie, look forward to having him cooking from now on. As night came we sat around, ate and decided who would be on first watch, which ended up being Lance and I. We wandered round the town and made sure it was all clear before heading back up to the camp. I’m sure I was the last to sleep tonight, made sure to put out all the torches to not draw people towards the camp in the night.

End of Entry. 

Great start to what I'm sure will be a great POV of the events during Black Fox. Keep these coming my dude

Looks good so far mate, will be looking out for these

Day 2:

Planned an excursion to Kabanino, a small town to the south and took the group there. Ran into some shady folk on the way in who had a captive, Lance was not happy about us intervening, but it is not our priority or our business. We have a job to do here, he knows that as well. Kabanino or “Jamestown” as someone called it was relatively quiet, met a guy calling himself “Voodoo” he was an African man, had an extremely thick accent, people of all nationalities are all over Chernarus.

Upon return, we passed through the airfield, meeting a bloke called Sully along the way. He said he was an Icelandic native and his story checked out, spoke the native tongue as well. He seemed overly happy we were there and even happier when he found out it was unaffected, kept pestering us about us taking him home on his return, along with his wife and friends, he was really adamant about fleeing this place, I sort of trust him. We questioned him and I asked him about the current situation here, he gave us a few groups who were hostile:

The pagans, he said they were a motorcycle club who are drug dealing in Chernarus, told us to not trust them at any cost, not sure I’d trust a drug dealer anyway. He gave us a few names of significant people in the group, the leader, apparently named Damien, has “half his face missing” and the second in command, named Dusty, only has one hand, they shouldn’t be hard to miss.

Told us about some “Carnie Folks” who apparently wear masks, eat and beat people, that’s all he gave us, but it’s safe to say that I recommend avoiding these people at all costs.

The third and final group name he gave us was the Brokers, apparently they’re slavers and led by a man of African-American descent called Jack Warren. He seemed to hate this group and told us to not interact with them.

Sully also gave us the name and radio frequency of his group “The Unchained” who are apparently anti-Slavers. He told us that we can contact them if we need any help or info. He also said they live somewhere but he didn’t want to tell us the location.

Immediately after we’d finished our conversation a few people turned up to camp, a girl named “Fox” and a guy named Austin Maverick, told us that Grishino was “Their land” and that he is giving us 45 minutes to pack up and leave or there would be “Problems”. He seemed like an asshole if I’m being honest, a cocky prick who thinks he owns the place because he’s got a gun and some friends. We moved on though, not wanting any trouble this early on, down to the secondary camp which I planned on the map. Was quite a trek from Grishino, no problems of the way though. We set up camp and I went over some plans I’d made for tomorrow before heading to bed.

End of Entry.

Raptor    159

Excellent story about the Black Fox. Still have to run into you guys in game sometime.

love it joe, looking forward to the rest!

Excellent story about the Black Fox. Still have to run into you guys in game sometime.

Nice read mate. Will be keeping an eye on this post :D

Cheers for all the love lads <3

Day 3: 

Set up at the new camp today, Codename Marshall, small place I found on the map near a town called Pulkovo, offers a nice bit of protection, hard to see, should be perfect. Managed to grab a car as well today, makes getting around places so easy, went up north to find some extra tents and clothes, and came back with a huge haul. Not much else went on today apart from meeting a stranger called Mr. Black, didn’t trust him one bit, and seemed a little shady.

We planned our first excursion to Chernogorsk today, myself, Hera, Jeremiah and Michael went down, lots of infected action and no signs of survivors, didn’t help that city was hampered by fog and rain at the time, really made it spooky, was watching my back the whole time around. Some mad shit in that city though, mass graves outside a school, a plane slammed into a hotel, the city really hits you with the reality of what carnage this outbreak caused in this country. We managed to pick up some files and all but the real scary thing on this mission was the fact that Hera went silent, for a good 20 minutes, had to call Jeremiah and Michael over to help find her, turns out she was “playing a prank on us”. Stupid fucking woman, we’re here on serious business and she fucks about like that, if she tries this shit again I’m just leaving her, I swear down. After this we packed up and went home, nothing unusual happened.

Went to sleep for a few hours since nothing had been going on, came back to an empty camp, some tents had been taken and the raiders seemed to have legged it, should’ve got up when I heard the car start, should’ve known none of us would be going out at this time. Atli gave chase and actually managed to find some of the tents at Green Mountain, fucking idiot raiders thinking we wouldn’t find them that close to base, retards. Managed to get a few hours extra kip before we packed up to move to the new FOB, codename Sierra.

End of Entry.

Day 4:

Got everything set up at Sierra today, beautiful place, everyone has their own tents now, as opposed to sharing like we did do, kind of nice to have some space for once. Slept the day away today, since we planned on taking the whole team down to Cherno in the nighttime.

Woke up early to get geared up for the expedition, grabbed my gas mask and a few extra supplies, gave the rifle a once over, just how Michael taught me, seemed to be in good condition. Took it upon myself to lead everyone to Cherno and take leadership of team 2, while Jeremiah had team 1. I don’t think I did a bad job, got everyone around safely and didn’t lose my shit with Lance’s arrogant remarks. Met back up in the middle after grabbing a few hard drives and files. All was going smoothly until we heard that Arnbiorn got bit, got swarmed apparently, must’ve broken off from his team, managed to carry him into the abandoned government building and fortify it for a bit, until Hera patched him up. We moved off to the harbor and I was shocked at what I saw, half sunken vessels, cranes abandoned mid job, leaving the containers hanging off them, creaking in the wind, eerie to say the least, just like everyone got up and left.

Got a call to loop back round to pick up Arnbiorn and Hera but only found Arnibiorn in the building, again, Hera had ran off and was not responding, I’m sure she was playing another trick. Atli found her atop the government building, sitting in silence, not responding to anything, if you ask me, I think she is just doing it for attention, starting to piss me off. I do feel bad for saying we should just pop her, think it really irritated Atli as well. We carried her back to the FOB and left her be in the tent, haven’t heard from her at all tonight. Don’t know if she is taking the piss or somethings wrong with her.

End of Entry.

Day 5:

Sierra was quiet today, managed to sleep in, was real nice to get the amount of sleep I did, refreshed me. Jeremiah planned for us to hit a place called Myshkino, apparently has some military base near.

We moved out pretty quickly and decided to give Zelenogorsk a check, for ground zero, it was too quiet, only saw a few biters and some delusional policeman, who apparently was still “On Duty”. Wierded out by him, met an Aussie bloke on the way out of town, had a quick chat, nothing to out of the ordinary. Moved further up and decided to skip Myshkino, scout said it wasn’t worth it. Moved along to a place called “Pustoshka” found a load of guts on the road, really disgusting. Moved along all the way to Stary and looked around a little, a lot of the people who pass through there are odd, always acting sketchy. Witnessed one of the most horrific things today, a guy shot himself right in front of us… Found a note on his body saying that he’d been bitten, poor soul. Returned to Sierra after that, that was enough for me today.

End of Entry.

Very good, very good. Glad you're writing about this because I can't be arsed to keep a journal, gotta get back on the grind

Day 6:

Set up a Fob in Ground Zero today. Opened it up to the people, trying to gather information, got a big load of documents from one guy, have had a good read of them.

But that doesn’t matter, Sam got bitten today. At first he was fine but, he’s changed, I’ve noticed coughing and spluttering from him, he really, did not seem like Sam. I’m worried, I can’t let Sam die, not after he told me what he’d been through. He got bit because of my idiocy as well, fuck I should’ve just run from those infected, it’s all my fucking fault. I’m sorry Sam, I really hope he doesn’t turn, it will destroy me. I’ll never forgive myself if he isn’t back tomorrow.

But if he does go. I’ll find his family, I swear it.

He left the camp tonight, went to sleep rough, I begged him to come back but he wouldn’t, I knew he wouldn’t. This place is all too much at the moment, it’s taking its toll on us and it’s noticeable. Jeremiah seems affected, he isn’t there for us as a leader like he should be and Jon, fuck knows where he is. If it carries on like this, this group will be leaderless and in a shambles, Jeremiah needs to step his game up. Or maybe, give his game up.

End of Entry.

Day 7:

Some new faces around today, few of the lads came over from the boat, we needed the numbers, will be able to be recognized now. Adam was the most notable, not for good reason, he came in asking questions, demanding answers, walking round like he owned the damn place, he even had the nerve to try and intimidate the folks down by the coast. If he keeps this bullshit up, I’ll put him in his fucking place.

Had a bit of a scare with a large group coming through Zero, Jeremiah and Ash said they were acting all tough and big, too large of a group to mess with though, had to keep our cool. Come nightfall, we moved down south, trying to find some car parts, instead we found people. Nice people at that, a few guys who had jumped off their boat here a few days ago from Novigrad, the two guys we initially spoke to Sturner and Marcus seemed like sound guys, I like them. Sturner seemed really afraid of his leader, Jameson and when I asked him about it he frankly told me “Jameson is a dangerous person.” I don’t know if he is ruling harshly or just being a plain out cunt, I’d like to know more, Sturner seems like too nice of a guy to be being messed with. 

But what do I know, could’ve been all lies, Jameson could be the nicest guy I’ll meet, he seemed pretty friendly when I chatted with him. I guess time will tell.

End of Entry.

Fucking dank , keep em coming <3

good shit.

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

keep em coming.

Day: Unknown

Been a few days, maybe a fortnight? God Knows. Lots of moving around, moved from Bor to a place called Chapvesk, apartment town just north of Chernogorsk, we called it Camp Indigo and it’s where were going to be situated now, since the boat left us and probably isn’t coming back, we’re focusing on our own goals now, keeping everyone safe, recruiting people into the group, making a sort of safe zone in this god forsaken place.

We’ve been pulling in a hefty number of people, so much so we can hold down our new camp, thanks to them and our new security. All is going well so far, got a few tents up, people flocking in to meet us, make deals and seek refuge. I’ve been given a position by Jeremiah, I’m one of the “Council” members, just below Jeremiah and equal with Michael and Lance, I like having a purpose I suppose, gives me something to do and keep focused on. I’ve taken up doing the citizenship forms, hasn’t been too hard, I sort of enjoy it and really keeps me busy.

We’ve had a few scuffles here and there, the worst was with these guys and their “Don” who took Andrew and cut off his fucking toe, all because we were “On their land”. But I think we’ve driven them out now, they haven’t showed up in a while. I hope we can keep conflict to a minimum at the current moment and just get on our feet, get enough numbers, then we can worry about all the assholes in this shit-hole of a country.

End of Entry.