Server time: 2017-10-19, 10:50
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Coreena

Bad People Rehabilitation Group

Coreena    93

A group where the baddest of the bad try and change their ways and become better people. This isn't an instant process, it'll take time, effort, support from other members, and frequent counseling. This isn't like the watchers, this is a group of people who genuinely want to change, but are having a hard time doing it themselves. My idea of the group involves the members being "addicts" of sorts and the group would be AA in a sense. I think this could make some really new and interesting RP in the server. There's too many bad people in Chernarus, I think it's time for a cleanup, but with a little more RP added to it (; 

Also, no matter what, no matter how tough it is to keep it that way, the group will NEVER change regarding its purpose. Unless there is incredibly extensive RP causing it to be that way. So this isn't gonna be one of those groups that changes their goals and ideals within in a month. 

I want this to be done very well, and I want this to be done right. If I decide to pursue this idea and if people think it's a good, I will make sure there is more than enough effort put into it's creation and details. Please let me know what you guys think!

xD Rampage sent me this:

[video=youtube]

Wumby    0

Like bad people who just make their backstory bad and edgy? Or bad people who have established themselves as bad in RP already?

Hollows    450

You literally just described the Regulators. Word for word, my dude. We work on character rehabilitation, it's one of our main things. Both with ourselves, and other characters. (The ones we arrest for crimes, anyhow.)

Coreena    93

Like bad people who just make their backstory bad and edgy? Or bad people who have established themselves as bad in RP already?

Both. Primarily bad people who have established themselves as bad through role-play. 

The recruitment is planned to be semi-strict so there won't be any ridiculously "edgy" backstories for people who create characters for the group. It will be a case by case basis, however if the backstory is ridiuculous, it's unlikely it will work in the group.

Wumby    0

Both. Primarily bad people who have established themselves as bad through role-play. 

The recruitment is planned to be semi-strict so there won't be any ridiculously "edgy" backstories for people who create characters for the group. It will be a case by case basis, however if the backstory is ridiuculous, it's unlikely it will work in the group.

I mean I like the idea. But I dont think it would work with people who create characters for the group. Because they know what the outcome will be. They know that all they have to do is create a backstory where they are the bad guy and the will eventually be the good guy. I think it would get really boring for anyone who doesnt already have a bad character.

Coreena    93

You literally just described the Regulators. Word for word, my dude. We work on character rehabilitation, it's one of our main things. Both with ourselves, and other characters. (The ones we arrest for crimes, anyhow.)

I plan to have the group as a sort of "counsel" each other sort of deal, and I hope for frequent slip-ups from the characters... which will provide excellent RP (: This will be nothing like the regulators. There are essentially no leaders in the group but mentors, like AA... There will be no arresting, maybe capturing already members who are steering off the path of being "sober" of evil, but that's probably the most the group will come to. Also, the group will not resemble a police force.

I mean I like the idea. But I dont think it would work with people who create characters for the group. Because they know what the outcome will be. They know that all they have to do is create a backstory where they are the bad guy and the will eventually be the good guy. I think it would get really boring for anyone who doesnt already have a bad character.

See, if there was anyone else potentially creating this group, I'd say fuck yeah I agree with you... however, the purpose of the group is not to make everyone become good... it's too push them on that path and work with them on their issues. Essentially, the end goal for the characters is not to become good - there is no end goal! I want some people to fuck up and murder someone, I want someone to be at the brink of not being clean and to come back from it, and I want there to be some intense emotions going on in this group. This is all about the in-between of being clean, the struggle, and expressing weakness. Shit, I want this to be realistic, I think only a few will really get clean fully.

Nihoolious    1248

Personally if someone were to make a rehab group I think it would feel more natural and less scripted if they only worked to rehabilitate people outside of the group. Sure former patients might join but as long as no one specifically makes a cringy, my life is fucked type of character specifically to join the group. Maybe it's because I've never really been into internal rp all day every day who knows.

Wumby    0

I plan to have the group as a sort of "counsel" each other sort of deal, and I hope for frequent slip-ups from the characters... which will provide excellent RP (: This will be nothing like the regulators. There are essentially no leaders in the group but mentors, like AA... There will be no arresting, maybe capturing already members who are steering off the path of being "sober" of evil, but that's probably the most the group will come to. Also, the group will not resemble a police force.

See, if there was anyone else potentially creating this group, I'd say fuck yeah I agree with you... however, the purpose of the group is not to make everyone become good... it's too push them on that path and work with them on their issues. Essentially, the end goal for the characters is not to become good - there is no end goal! I want some people to fuck up and murder someone, I want someone to be at the brink of not being clean and to come back from it, and I want there to be some intense emotions going on in this group. This is all about the in-between of being clean, the struggle, and expressing weakness. Shit, I want this to be realistic, I think only a few will really get clean fully.

Well, +1. bravo

Coreena    93

Personally if someone were to make a rehab group I think it would feel more natural and less scripted if they only worked to rehabilitate people outside of the group. Sure former patients might join but as long as no one specifically makes a cringy, my life is fucked type of character specifically to join the group. Maybe it's because I've never really been into internal rp all day every day who knows.

Oh god no. Not just internal RP... A lot of it yes but the plan here is to do whatever is possible to help these people become better than what they were before. So take them out into the world... show them how good it can feel to help people etc etc etc. I want this to be realistic, so there will be no cringe.

Nihoolious    1248

Oh god no. Not just internal RP... A lot of it yes but the plan here is to do whatever is possible to help these people become better than what they were before. So take them out into the world... show them how good it can feel to help people etc etc etc. I want this to be realistic, so there will be no cringe.

Dope.

In that case, I'm curious to see the group thread when its out. This idea has potential, hopefully it can be executed to its fullest.

Raptor    174

If the leader is Morgan from the walking dead then I'm all over this ;)

Coreena    93

you mean like the plantation?

The plantation captured people. This isn't a forced rehabilitation.

Eagle    409

From what I know they take bad people and eventually let them go when they see them fit for society.

AlwaysGamer    28

If the group ends up being created, my character will want to join for sure! The Pagans made him used to be more aggressive and violent, whichi is something Michael hates. +1 for the Idea Coreena. Adn if you lead the c=group just like you lead The Immortals, it will be awesome and as you plan!

Gatorr    0

From what I know they take bad people and eventually let them go when they see them fit for society.

yes thank you for clearing it up. Some of them even earn spots in the plantation. From our experience its very rare a murderer/bandit willingly tries to rehabilitate himself. Thats where we come in :)

Coreena    93

The people in this potential group who are doing the helpful rehabilitating will have a bit of darkness in themselves as well (; 

This is more of a support and therapy sort of deal. Extensive RP and raw emotion will be put into it.