Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:14
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirre

Help with my monitor

Question

Upfront this technically isn't about DayZ although its impeding my ability to play DayZ.

Last night when I went to bed I put my desktop in sleep mode like I have done thousands of times before only to return to it later with my monitor not turning on. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in several times, fooled with all of the buttons on the side etc I haven't gotten any positive response.

My monitor is an LG Flatron w2361vg . Is it toast? Is there something simple that could be replaced that would fix all of this?

9 answers to this question

Ramon    360

Hi,

I have to be honest 2 Samsung monitors.

So I have no idea what the problem might be.

So I just googled for you and found this:

Link 1.

Link 2.

Link 3.

I hope these links can help fixing your problem.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Buddy    1068

i actually have one just like that :o are you running on more than one screen? i've had a similar problem happen to me in the past where one of my screens was on but black screen non-responsive so i just went into display settings and switched their layout around and it was fine again, but that was just my case... maybe a faulty cord? id hate to say that your screen kicked the bucket buut..... technology is finicky

I tried everything in Ramon's post and it's a definite no go. I'm just going to give in and order another one. I think I've had this screen for almost 8 years now and its on more than 2/3rds of the day so I guess I got my moneys worth.

Ramon    360

I tried everything in Ramon's post and it's a definite no go. I'm just going to give in and order another one. I think I've had this screen for almost 8 years now and its on more than 2/3rds of the day so I guess I got my moneys worth.

8 years for a monitor is a long time to be honest.

I agree with you that buying a new one is a good idea.

What would you like to do with the troubleshooting thread on this point?

Ramon    360

Your welcome.

With that being said I will solve this thread.

Poppy    378

I know this is marked as /solved but did you try to unload any static electricity?

Take out the plug from the wall, and hold the on/off button for 10/20 seconds, then plug it back in. I had this issue with another type of LG screen about a year ago...

I did a little more research and opened up the entire case. I've found four blown caps so far. Are there any local stores that would sell a 1000uf 16v cap?

Sir Hawke    28

I did a little more research and opened up the entire case. I've found four blown caps so far. Are there any local stores that would sell a 1000uf 16v cap?

Don't know about any local stores that would sell that. Maybe if you have any small electrical company's close by, or something of that nature. I think buying them online would be easier.

If you want to buy them online Amazon is you best bet. They even have free shipping: https://www.amazon.com/1000uf-Capacitor-High-Radial-Leads/dp/B004O21PPE