Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:23

Sign in to follow this  
JAMMIELAD

The Story of a Lone Man.

JAMMIELAD    144

https://i.gyazo.com/dca47db97eb94497eef026a4fcba1095.png

Everyone has a story to tell. Everyone has a journey to go through, alone or with their friends and fellow survivors. People hunt, kill, steal, betray and anything to do to survive but at the end of the day, everyone has a story to tell. They tell them around campfires, along roads, in dairies and recordings. This story comes from a man named Jamie Thompson. 

A nobody as far as the apocalypse is concerned but a somebody to a few. He is a kind man with a big heart and doesn't feel the need to intentionally hurt others.. even as death and turmoil surrounds him he cannot bring himself to fall to the same level and murderers and thieves. But everyone has their limit.

Jamie's story begins well after his first appearance after the initial outbreak. After meeting others and become part of a now disbanded family, he feels his words need to reach out to others in one way or another, thus where his tapes originate from.

His tapes detail his story and what he is and how he thinks. You will hear everything about his previous life and currents, his dreams and ambitions as well as his secrets. 

Will you listen to a lone mans thoughts? Will you survive along side him? 

Will you hear his story?

Jamie Thompson travels alone through the forests of Chernarus, with nothing but himself and his trusty shotgun which he cannot go without. Upon his travels he finds an old Tape Recorder and decided to spend his time to fix it and find new batteries. And after some time, he finishes the job and decided to keep the recorder and puts it to good use.

He sits inside the cold, damp room on the chair, staring at the tape recorder and tries to think before pressing the record button, soon disregarding all thoughts and speaks anything that comes to his mind. Himself, his friends and his experiences. His ramblings may be just that to him, he thinks, but someone out there must take an interest if the tapes are ever found.

He presses the record button on his first tape.

https://puu.sh/sQQ45/5615e67338.mp3 

He stops recording and thinks about what he has just done, and smiles for the first time in weeks. 

"I have a voice now..."

This story is a very WIP right now so more tapes to come soon as I play some more, feedback is appreciated everyone and I am sorry if this is very amateurish. I am trying to fully immerse myself as well as any listeners while being realistic as possible, which could mean there might not be much in terms of speech and a bit of silence.

I really hope you enjoy this journey with me and I wouldn't mind feedback as we go along. 

(Due to new website, tapes will be links, will most likely make a library soon).

Edited by JAMMIELAD

Shadows    997

Glad you figured out how to do it, Jamie! This came out really well done. Cannot wait to see more from you especially in this regard. I always enjoyed voice recordings for radio chatters and such as I feel it adds a really neat dynamic and this story is nothing different! Really great job you did here.

Love the recordings :)

Keep um coming

That was really good Jamie, gonna be listening out for more of these!

JAMMIELAD    144

dca47db97eb94497eef026a4fcba1095.png

Tape #2

A few days has passed since the last tape was recorded and Jamie Thompson travels far to reach His Spot. A canyon that houses a small dock with very few houses. The sea air once again flowed through his nose reminding him of a place long gone. The rain has beaten him for the past days as he takes shelter, throwing together a makeshift fireplace to warm up. 

He has been thinking however of a new choice, a new path to take. But whether he had the guts and strength to do it was going to be an entirely different matter altogether. He feels weak, beaten, knocked down under and his mental state was faring for the worst. His only solace was his new tape recorder. He can say all of his thoughts and he is soon coming to terms with that very day. 

He walks into the damp room, the rain beating down onto his being. He observes the house and sees raindrops drip down onto the floor creating small puddles along the broken and mouldy wooden flooring. He brings his back against the wall and slides down to the floor, taking out his radio and begins to speak to the old Outrun frequency.

After much time of speaking to the radio and looks down at the tape recorder he set out before hand. And before he ends his transmission and begins to record on his tape recorder. He thinks more and more about what to say but once again decided to speak out of his free will and thought.

https://puu.sh/sRXaJ/17d870a19e.mp3

He ends the recording feeling a little worse, but feels a tiny but of hope glimmer. He takes the recorder and listening to the rain and thunder rumble around the house. He stares outside the window, looking upon the trees while the raindrops flow through and around the leaves, the sounds of the ocean being drowned out by the crashes of thunder. He begins to rest in the dry corner of the house and listens closely.

"I need to make a choice.. soon..."

Edited by JAMMIELAD

JAMMIELAD    144

dca47db97eb94497eef026a4fcba1095.png

Tape #3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At this point in time, it has been well over a month since Jamie's last recording. 

He stayed safe in his travels by surviving at Skallisty Island, gathering food and water to live a peaceful life. Many a day and night he stared at the sky, thinking if things could be different. At this point however, he completely forgot about his tapes. 

Everything was peaceful and quiet, he was at peace with himself, until one day his radio buzzed to life, static and voices overtook the silent sea air, but there was only one voice and one phrase he could hear: Ryan Robertson's voice, and A World Without Borders. He knew this wasn't going to be anything like Outrun, but Ryan was his friend. The last time he heard anything about Ryan was when he left for the North with Elena after the miscarriage. Jamie knew to stop at nothing to find him, setting off in a rackety boat, he travelled to the mainland to find his friend. 

But all was not as it seemed. Upon meeting Ryan for the first time, he knew he changed. And not for the better in Jamie's eyes. Ryan was cold. He care not much for his friends, only those within A World Without Borders, which was the brink of war. Jamie stayed with him however like an old friend would, but this would be a mistake. After many days of travelling, Jamie came across many a time of robbing and "donations" as they were called. This wasn't the life he wanted to life, but was forced to unless he wanted to die. He contemplating on leaving in the middle of the night, sneaking away from camp. And this decision wouldn't come into fruition until after the Myshkino Raid and Camp 101 Raid.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Myshkino Raid took place in the middle of the night, he heard on his dying radio about The Horseman being at Myskhino and a firefight came about. Jamie knew not how to shoot properly, but he needed to try and not only fit in, but to fight for himself. Upon travelling to Myshkino, he came across a friend he met previously, Marius. They travelled together into the forest of lead, blood and death. 

This is where Jamie Thompson took his second life. 

But this is where Jamie Thompson realised that being polite, will get you killed. 

Camp 101 Raid took place a few days later, on the very same day he half learned how to use an automatic rifle, the AKM. 

"Look through the sights, keep the stock to your shoulder, breath when pulling the trigger, be calm" Would be the words he would remember and chant to himself, almost like a ritual when the raid began. He stayed in cover, helping his new "friends", taking lives for gear and food. His memories burst back of the previous Raid, and what happened back home. He knew he wouldn't survive. In due time, Camp 101 brought in the Calvary. A group unknown to Jamie, they critically wounded his team. The screams and the bloody burned into his mind. The smell of gunpowder and smoke filled his nose, and in the midst of all the confusion. He ran. 

He ran like the coward he was, he ran through the gunfire, the smoke and the bloodshed and he never looked back. 

It has been over a week since what happened at Camp 101. He travels alone again, listening for the footsteps and voices of bandits, the distant gunshots of death. But also the birds of nature, the soft gentle wind and silence. 

He settled down in an old grotty, mouldy house, and upon sitting down he reached into his back for food he scavenged from a camp he found up North, he opened up the Can of Beans until he noticed something in his bag. His old tape recorder.

He brushed it off and looked at it, still in working condition, somehow. He looked at the fresh tape he left inside and hit the record button and set it down, trying to relay his thoughts as best as he could.

https://puu.sh/sRYEM/189bf9efeb.mp3

He sighed at himself but smiled as well. He never felt so calm and fulfilled in so long. Order was coming back into his life. He slid the recorder back into his bag and covered it, cushioning it before throwing his back into the corner of the room. He ate his beans and decided to rest for the night.

He thought about the last words before the recording ended.

"Am I sorry? What I done was wrong in that world, but now...? I don't know.."

He held on firmly into his fists until blood drew across his palms, he realises this and calms, listening to the wind flowing through the trees through the smashed window, he rests his weary black eyes and falls into a long sleep. 

Edited by JAMMIELAD