Server time: 2017-08-18, 02:58

Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

The Irish (Open Frequency)

Elmo    897

*The door to the isolated 2 storey country house nearly flew off its hinges as Maxwell barrelled through clumsily, clutching his whiskey and drunkenly swigging from the grimy bottle*

*Elbowing the door shut, he unceremoniously slumps onto the aged sitting room couch, clutching his knee and swigging vigorously from the bottle*

*Fishing his radio out of his backpack, Maxwell swigs again for courage and fumbles for the transmit button before finally pressing down on it, through luck instead of co-ordination*

Well, lads, I'm pretty much all by meself and I was wunderin weder or not der were any Irishmen or women having the craic in this feckin' counthry

*Maxwell belches over the radio, before roaring into a fit of drunken laughter*

Seeing as the locals haven treated meh too kindly... I was wunderin if... if me own countrymen would treet me betther den those savaistes... If ye want to help a Limerickman ou'... ye'll find meh on this frequensay or aroun' the Nort-Wesht side of the counthry...

Erin go Bragh...

*Maxwell releases the transmit button and lets his hand fall, awaiting a reply*

Shane    351

*Damon picks up his radio and pushes the PTT*

Are ya well lad whats the craic with ya I only know of one other Irish man he goes by the name of Paddy and he said that he actually happened to run into a fellow Irish man down at Camp Hope one day I dont suppose that was you he was talking about good fella.

*Damon releases the PTT and patiently awaits a response whilst having a grin on his face knowing that he and Paddy aint the only Irish out there*

Elmo    897

*Maxwell jolts awake at the sound of an incoming message*

*He listens intently to the strong Irish accent coming over the radio, a small, hopeful grin slowly spreading over his face*

This is Maxwell, the Irishman without an Irishman's name... Part British *He chuckles throatily* aye it was me that Paddy met a while back at Camp Hope when those sons of bitches took it over and started shooting, torturing and maiming people... Including me... Paddy, ye hit like a truck I'll give you that *He chuckles throatily again* I don't recognise your voice... Ye're another Irishman aren't ye? At this rate we'll form a nice Paddy cult and worship St Pádraig, or we could work together... If thats to yer likin

*Maxwell releases the transmit button gently, his heart filling with hope, as he awaits a reply*

Shane    351

*Picks up his radio with a massive grin on his face and pushes down the PTT*

Aye I am indeed another Irish man the names Damon hehe I heard Paddy could throw a punch alright, we should work together if ya want to talk to me ye can catch me on dis frequency, 103.7 hope to shpeak to ya soon my friend I look forward to it lad and that cult shall happen in the name of Padraig Pearse, Thomas Clarke, Sean Mac Diarmada, James Connolly, Joseph Plunkett, Eamonn Ceannt good luck lad shpeak to ya soon.

*Damon releases the PTT and takes out his walkman and starts listening to Come Out Ye Black and Tans*

Elmo    897

*Maxwell presses down on the transmit button, relishing the prospect of another Irishman to help out*

Tiocfaidh ár lá, mo dheartháir

Do you know of any others like us, we should help them, the Irish are loyal to their own...

*Maxwell gently hobbles down the road, the tune of Rocky Road to Dublin playing in his head*

Shane    351

*Whilst listening to Come Out Ye Black and Tans he faintly hears a response and picks up his radio and presses down the PTT*

Tiocfaidh ar la mo dhearthair, Tiocfaidh ar la.

I know of another Irish man he goes by the name of Jericho hes fairly shound now lad and there is this little twat who I like to call fake Irish his name is Tyler he claims to be Irish yet he cant even name one county so Paddy knocked him out cold. Twas a sight to behold I took great joy in it but back to the point I know Jericho and Paddy real well and I hope to speak to you on the radio tomorrow and we can arrange a meet lad should be good fun ill talk to ya later shkin shtay safe and make sure to get in contact with me tomorrow shkin good luck for now.

*Goes back to listening to IRA songs releases the PTT*

Elmo    897

*As he scoops water from the local well into his hands, he hears the reply over the radio and quickly dries his hands before pressing the worn out transmit button*

Tis' good to hear we're not the only old countrymen knockin' about in this godforsaken Satan pit, I've met a few brudders up Nort' and they're the good sort, the sort that'll glass an Englishman in a bar fight if he looked at ye sideways... Fortunately we're holed up at Jamestown, locally known as Kabanino... 

*He roughly clears his throat before pressing down on the transmit button again, a slight tremor in his voice*

Perhaps we should meet...

SweetJoe    278

The following transmission comes in strong.

"Dia dhuit. An bhfuil sé go maith a chloisteáil roinnt guthanna cairdiúil. Tá go leor againn anseo. Naimhde ag éisteacht, roghnaigh do chuid focal níos mó go cúramach."

After the final word the transmission ends.

Shane    351

*Damon hears a language he thought long dead come over the radio and responds*

Ah riamh tá mé cumha sin cara a ghlacadh tú as an gcomhairle, ba chóir dúinn go léir le chéile, Maxwell agam go mbeidh a bheith i dteagmháil le fuair tú le tairiscint ar do shon chomh maith.

*Releases the PTT*

Elmo    897

*After patiently listening to the broadcasts and desperately trying to remember the Old Tongue, Maxwell presses down on the transmit button and speaks in broken Irish*

Is maith a chloisteáil guthanna cairdiúil... 

Ba cheart dúinn labhairt go pearsanta...

Erin go Bragh

*Maxwell disconnects his radio and patiently waits for the arrival of his comrades...*

Shane    351

*Damon grins as he hears this Irish voice come over the radio and pushes down the PTT*

Aimsigh dom ar an raidió agus beidh dúinn a bhunú le chéile

Dea-lá mo chara

Tiocfaidh ar la

*Transmission ends*

SweetJoe    278

A final response comes over the radio.

"Bráithre, a bheith cúramach. Tá dílseoirí sa tír. Is fearr a labhairt ach go fírinneach leis Glacfar fhios agat. I Is mian leat buachaillí Well. A deas a labhairt ár dteanga arís. buachaillí éirí leat."

Transmission ends.

Elmo    897

*As he hears the response, Maxwell grins slightly, amazed at never thinking of using the Old Tongue to communicate*

Go raibh maith agat, beidh muid aointaithe

Tiocfaidh ár lá!

*Maxwell switches off his radio and prepares for the arrival of his guests*