Server time: 2017-08-17, 02:03

Sign in to follow this  
JAMMIELAD

Question about Tape Recorders for L&S

Question

JAMMIELAD    143

So I've been thinking of doing something for my character to flesh out his story, and something that came across my mind was Tape Recorders. 

Now I know that Tape Recorders could become quite feasible considering most of them are battery powered and we all know there's a few of them about ;)

But would it be a good thing to have my tape recordings posted on my own thread within the L&S? Because it's awesome that people would do dairies and such, but I thought it'd be a nice change to do that, of course with a little bit more stuff added such as describing what's going on before and after the recordings. 

Would this work in L&S? Or would it be elsewhere because I'm really at a loss here. Any help or criticism to the idea would help a bit.

9 answers to this question

Shadows    991

I don't see why not. Just make sure you provide more context than just an mp3 file, would be word of advice. This could be incredibly entertaining and rewarding when pulled off correctly.

JAMMIELAD    143

Aye cheers, I appreciate the help there and I'll take what you guys said into consideration for when I get around and do it. I'll try and make it authentic as possible as well with grainy audio and all that stuff. Thanks for the help.

Now just to find out on how to put MP3 into a post ;)

Skinner    421

Yeah man, I do tape recordings as audio logs for all my lore posts for Skinner and Dr. West and I've received a lot of positive feedback. Go for it, and add some sounds effects like doors and windows opening or closing, gunshots, the wind, rain, whatever.

JAMMIELAD    143

Yeah man, I do tape recordings as audio logs for all my lore posts for Skinner and Dr. West and I've received a lot of positive feedback. Go for it, and add some sounds effects like doors and windows opening or closing, gunshots, the wind, rain, whatever.

I think I'll do exactly that. But at first I'm going to be a bit simple about it, just sitting there and rambling because, well realistically you wouldn't go off of a script ;)

In time though I'll add some more effects and such to make it more immersive, but we'll see.

Castiel    1124

Now just to find out on how to put MP3 into a post ;)

Upload your MP3 file here and paste the link it gives you inbetween the following code

[mp3] link [/mp3]

JAMMIELAD    143

-snip-

Upload your MP3 file here and paste the link it gives you inbetween the following code

[mp3] link [/mp3]

I'm trying that site but it doesn't seem to work. Nothing happens after I choose a file so I'm using Puu.sh. Editing my L&S right now but the player keeps stopping and resetting but I'll disregard it for now. 

Thanks for the help though :)

Shadows    991

-snip-

[mp3] link [/mp3]

I'm trying that site but it doesn't seem to work. Nothing happens after I choose a file so I'm using Puu.sh. Editing my L&S right now but the player keeps stopping and resetting but I'll disregard it for now. 

Thanks for the help though :)

Does it say anything? Make sure it's an mp3 file.